where is my stomach?

Old December 8th 04, 08:37 PM
Anne Rogers

Default where is my stomach?

my stomach seems to have vanished, I can hardly eat half a meal, let alone a
full one, I'm only 14 weeks so it's not as if the baby can be squishing it,
I'm not eating double the number of meals though and despite no nausea and
vomiting I've lost weight, not much, I'm now 59kg (130lb) down from 60kg
(132lb).

Today I've managed to eat
medium size bowl of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk
small hand full of peanuts
small portion of filled pasta in tomato sauce with parmesan cheese on top
some biscuits (cookies), small ones about 5 of them
medium sized portion of tuna risotto
and now I'm eating a dessert made with half a pint of full fat milk and not
much else, just to get the consumption up

which doesn't really look like enough to me, it's definitely low on fruit
and veg, but that is an anomoly, DS ate the last banana this morning, which
I would have eaten instead of the biscuits and I had intended to eat salad
at dinner, but I forgot. What I'm more concerned about is that the protein
and overall calories would appear to be quite low, but I don't really know
what to do, it doesn't look like I am eating empty calories does it? Any
tips as to what I could try eating?

Thanks

Anne

Old December 9th 04, 02:15 AM
Child

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
| my stomach seems to have vanished, I can hardly eat half a meal, let alone
| full one, I'm only 14 weeks so it's not as if the baby can be squishing
it,
| I'm not eating double the number of meals though and despite no nausea and
| vomiting I've lost weight, not much, I'm now 59kg (130lb) down from 60kg
| (132lb).
|

| Today I've managed to eat
| medium size bowl of cornflakes with semi skimmed milk
| small hand full of peanuts
| small portion of filled pasta in tomato sauce with parmesan cheese on top
| some biscuits (cookies), small ones about 5 of them
| medium sized portion of tuna risotto
| and now I'm eating a dessert made with half a pint of full fat milk and
not
| much else, just to get the consumption up
|
| which doesn't really look like enough to me, it's definitely low on fruit
| and veg, but that is an anomoly, DS ate the last banana this morning,
which
| I would have eaten instead of the biscuits and I had intended to eat salad
| at dinner, but I forgot. What I'm more concerned about is that the protein
| and overall calories would appear to be quite low, but I don't really know
| what to do, it doesn't look like I am eating empty calories does it? Any
| tips as to what I could try eating?

I am finding I am getting really full, really fast, or that once I sit down
to eat something that sounded appetizing, it doesnt' taste good at all (and
I am right at 14 weeks as well). At this point, I am eating what I like and
supplementing the missing items. Could you work on adding another meal or
two? small of course. Or could you force yourself to eat another three big
bites at each "meal"?

Another suggestion is Vitamin B6- supposedly helps with nausea, maybe will
help with appetite?

My stomach.... Jill Pregnancy 7 May 3rd 04 11:02 PM
My stomach!! Eeeeek! Jill Pregnancy 11 February 16th 04 05:09 AM
doctor leaning on stomach during labor? Joe Pregnancy 3 January 8th 04 05:40 AM
Stomach getting uncomfortable etc. Jill Pregnancy 1 December 16th 03 02:35 AM
stomach sleeping question Nina Breastfeeding 5 August 23rd 03 08:52 AM