Scarlet fever

Old May 25th 07, 12:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

Default Scarlet fever

Any suggestions what the sarlet fever rash looks like? #2 has a sore throat
and a rash and has been in contact with scarlet fever. I've got a dr.
appointment later anyway, but I'm wondering whether I need to let her
pre-school know before they shut tonight..
Debbie

Old May 25th 07, 12:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Fri, 25 May 2007 11:33:40 GMT, "Welches"
wrote:

Any suggestions what the sarlet fever rash looks like? #2 has a sore throat
and a rash and has been in contact with scarlet fever. I've got a dr.
appointment later anyway, but I'm wondering whether I need to let her
pre-school know before they shut tonight..
Debbie

Searching google shows all types of images, so it would be hard to
pinpoint whether your #2's is caused by scarlet fever.
Since you're taking him/her to the doc anyway I'd inform the school
that there's a possibility of him/her having it and let them decide
how to handle it. The weekend is coming up and parents might want to
know to watch out for it in their kids.

Nan

Old May 25th 07, 01:48 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

wrote:

Any suggestions what the sarlet fever rash looks like? #2 has a sore
throat
and a rash and has been in contact with scarlet fever. I've got a dr.
appointment later anyway, but I'm wondering whether I need to let her
pre-school know before they shut tonight..
Debbie

Searching google shows all types of images, so it would be hard to
pinpoint whether your #2's is caused by scarlet fever.
Since you're taking him/her to the doc anyway I'd inform the school
that there's a possibility of him/her having it and let them decide
how to handle it. The weekend is coming up and parents might want to
know to watch out for it in their kids.

Nan

I tried searching google and couldn't find a clear image: Have you found a
clear picture you could send me the link.
Preschool's already got parents aware as the contact she had it was from
preschool. Complication is that it's bank holiday on Monday, which is why
I've got the appointment 'cause I don't want to wait until Tuesday, earliest
if she is coming out with it. Then it's half term in this area, so my
understanding of the quarantine timing is that should be long enough to
break the infection round preschool.
Debbie

Old May 25th 07, 02:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Welches wrote:
Any suggestions what the sarlet fever rash looks like? #2 has a sore throat
and a rash and has been in contact with scarlet fever. I've got a dr.
appointment later anyway, but I'm wondering whether I need to let her
pre-school know before they shut tonight..
Debbie

I think scarlet fever is the same as Scharlach in german. The rash
usually starts on the lower abdomen and spreads from there.
Sam had it but I can't even remember a rash, so if he had one it was
very light. He came down with it while at my parents so they took him to
the doctor who diagnosed him with it.

FWIW: Sam had a really really high fever when he came down with it,
that's why my parents took him to the doc in the first place.

cu
nicole
Old May 25th 07, 05:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Fri, 25 May 2007 12:48:43 GMT, "Welches"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Here's the link to my search:
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...Imag es&gbv=2

The pics aren't the greatest, but my ds and dd#1 have both had it so I
remember what it looked like..... tiny red bumps that covered their
abdominal area.

Nan

Old May 25th 07, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

Default Scarlet fever UPDATE

"Welches" wrote in message
news
Any suggestions what the sarlet fever rash looks like? #2 has a sore
throat and a rash and has been in contact with scarlet fever. I've got a
dr. appointment later anyway, but I'm wondering whether I need to let her
pre-school know before they shut tonight..
Debbie

Dr thinks it probably is early stages of scarlet fever. The rash isn't as
dark as it should be, but otherwise symptoms took pretty suspicious. I've
got antibiotics prescription to get tomorrow if the rash comes out further.
They could have confirmed it with a throat swab, but I refused as she's a
bit cross with doctors at the moment anyway.
Typical child though. We got back and she then thought to tell me that her
big toe hurt. Two huge nail abraisions either side of one of her toes. Why
do they always wait until afterwards to tell you? Managed to ease one side
reasonably easily, other side still swollen so we'll have to see how that
gets on.
Downside is I don't think either #1 or #2 can go to church lunch on Sunday
as #1 could be infectious too and we've a couple of members having fairly
rough chemo at the moment. I'd feel terrible if either of them got it.
Wonder if I can persuade dh that it's my turn to go and he can stay
behind... (pigs might fly.)
Debbie

Fever comes and goes - dr little help [email protected] General (moderated) 8 February 24th 06 03:26 PM
Scarlet Fever [email protected] General 1 April 22nd 05 11:19 PM
Scarlet Fever, again?! Tina Petrone General 0 January 27th 05 11:34 PM
fever question firedancer623 General 2 November 9th 04 04:23 AM
Fever john Kids Health 1 September 24th 04 04:00 AM