update on 2nd pregnancy & baby names

Old June 13th 07, 02:51 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
poohdoo

Default update on 2nd pregnancy & baby names

how funny...after reading "beyond the pale"'s earlier post about baby names
i felt compelled to write!!

i am 28wks pregnant with #2, out daughter is 6.5 so you can imagine that
while this pregnancy is a massive gift to us (some in the group may remember
my husband's motorcycle crash, coma etc 5 yrs ago), i've been a bit too busy
running our lives to notice.

re pregnancy - a bit bigger & much higher than with rachel...so
breathless...a real shock. bit scared this will be a bigger baby - rach was
8 pounds even. but feel good and no major complaints...

husband and i agree on one boy's name - william alexander and we have a few
maybes for a girl (which we suspect is the type we are getting based on two
inconclusive scans...) - the front runner has been for several months...wait
for it...kate!
just kate...though i think she'll end up as katie at least til she thinks
she is too cool for a nickname. other maybes are abigail, annabel and
eva...i think those names are kind of hair colour dependent...so we'll wait
til d-day for the final call. reachel was meant to be eva but she was/is
very fair and eva seemed like a dark haired name to me...lol

we want violet as a middle name...our daughter's middle name is rose so we
like the flower/colour theme. plus its a nod to my maternal grandmother who
died when mum was 18 - her favourite flower. we know kate violet is a bit
clumsy but who cares? how often do you say both names together...my husband
is macedonian (yuogslav) so you can imagine the crazy three syllable surname
we are dealing with here. we actually love ava but thats macedonian for
tomato relish...never mind!

would love to hear comments:

kate violet
eva violet
annabel violet
abigail violet

kates sounds the worst with violet but we love it the most...and its the
best fit with the surname..simple.

so there you go. my advice, go with a name you like and do not concentrate
to heavily on how it sounds or does it match or whatever! we've tried not
to...
best of luck for a healthy bubby!

love fiona (poohdoo)
xxx
mummy to rachel rose (6ish) and wriggleguts (due 5 sep)

Old June 13th 07, 08:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Jun 13, 6:51 am, "poohdoo" wrote:
[...]

See, I would actually say that Eva Violet sounds more awkward to me
than Kate Violet does. I think Kate Violet is lovely. Oh, and I
love the name you chose if it's a boy! ;-)

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

Old June 13th 07, 08:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Joy

mummy to rachel rose (6ish) and wriggleguts (due 5 sep)

I love Kate Violet. I don't think it's clumsy sounding. And I like
the boy name a lot, too!

Joy

Rose (1-99)
Iris (2/01)
Spencer (3/03)
Grant (9/05)

Old June 13th 07, 09:31 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jamie Clark

"sharalyns" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I agree -- Evavavaviolet. Too many V sounds, or not in the right order or
something. What about Evelyn Violet? Maybe because it's longer and has two
other syllables after the V sound, it seems to work better.

Also, old fashioned names, but what do you think of Lillian or Vivian?
Vivian Violet? Hmmmm. Pretty VVVVV, maybe too much. Kate Vivian? Vivian
Kate? You could call her Vivi. cute.

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

#3 seemed much bigger than #2. Fundel heights #2 was 32 at 38 weeks, #3
was 37 at 38 weeks. He felt much bigger and was a boy too. Difference in
weight... #2 was 6lb 14 oz, #3 7lb 3oz.

on the other hand, my 2nd felt bigger than my first, but I'd only have
estimated 1.5 lb bigger and she was a full 3lb bigger! Position is a lot
more important than size when it comes to giving birth and a big baby can
still have a similar head circumference to a small one, my first was IUGR,
so low birth weight, but normal head circumference with skinny body, so
despite the 3lb difference the difference in head circumference was 4mm I
think. Unfortunately she was direct OP, and didn't budge so it was a
difficult birth - but entirely position related.

Anne

Old June 14th 07, 06:38 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
deja.blues

"poohdoo" wrote in message
[...]

Kate is a nickname for Katherine. Why not name her Katherine so she has the
choice of Kate, Katie, Kat, or Katherine when she gets older?
Katherine Violet sounds nice anyway.

Old June 15th 07, 03:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
~Hunee~

"poohdoo" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Fiona.
I remember you, you're in Australia if I remember, me too.
Has it been 5 years since your hubby's accident already!
Wow. How is he going these days?
Big congratulations on Wriggleguts!
And as far as the name Kate goes I *love* it!
My hubby and I had a similar dilemma where I just loved the name Kate but he
thought she needed something more so we finally decided on Kaitlyn. At the
moment she gets called Kaity a lot (I tend to spell it like this, weird
maybe but hey....) I do find myself calling her Kate sometimes, but she just
seems too little not to have the 'eeeee' on the end if you know what I mean.

I hope all goes well Fiona.
Cheers
Trish

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

Old June 15th 07, 03:40 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
laurie

"poohdoo" wrote in message

would love to hear comments:

kate violet
eva violet
annabel violet
abigail violet

kates sounds the worst with violet but we love it the most...and its the
best fit with the surname..simple.

Hi Fiona! Ok, only because you asked.............

I actually really like Abigail with Violet, I think it flows the best. I
don't like Eva with Violet at all- too many V sounds to me. I love the name
Annabel, I like it with Violet ok. I don't think Kate Violet is bad- like
you said, it doesn't really flow, but it doesn't sound bad or anything. And
I adore the name Kate. Rachel and Kate seem to go the best together- but
that doens't really matter.

Anyway, good to hear from you and good luck!

laurie
mom to Jessica (6) and Christopher (4)

Old June 15th 07, 04:09 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Ericka Kammerer

poohdoo wrote:

we want violet as a middle name...our daughter's middle name is rose so we
like the flower/colour theme. plus its a nod to my maternal grandmother who
died when mum was 18 - her favourite flower. we know kate violet is a bit
clumsy but who cares? how often do you say both names together...

I think if you start with Kate, it goes more smoothly
followed by a name that starts with a vowel, or "w," or "l,"
or "r," or "h"--something that doesn't bump up against the
"t" at the end of Kate too harshly. But, as you say, you
don't say all the names together all *that* often.
On the other hand, if I really loved Kate Violet,
I'd probably just smooth it out by using Katherine Violet
and calling her Kate. I know you're fond of just plain
Kate (makes me think of "plain Kate And bonny Kate, and sometimes
Kate the curst: But Kate, the prettiest Kate in Christendom,
Kate of Kate-hall, my super-dainty Kate..."), but I guess
I personally would trade using the longer form to get the
more harmonious full name and just calling her Kate. I can
understand that's a very personal preference, though.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Help With Baby Names! Blue Eyes Blue Pregnancy 10 April 22nd 13 10:11 AM
baby names [email protected] Solutions 0 May 10th 06 07:14 AM
Baby Names Felicia-Y-Ruben... Baby - March 14 05 Pregnancy 2 July 28th 04 04:24 AM
Baby names Scott Pregnancy 0 June 18th 04 11:02 AM
Baby Names annafine Pregnancy 20 September 3rd 03 09:36 PM