Won't take bottle, advice needed

Old December 14th 05, 12:27 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Won't take bottle, advice needed

In ,
toypup wrote:

*
*"Shell" wrote in message
* My DD is now 6.5 weeks old and absolutely refuses a bottle. (she won't
* take a pacifier either)
*
*So sorry. My DD was the same way. I had a sympathetic boss who let me do a
*split shift so I could go home and feed her. She never took a bottle, just
*cried out of hunger until I got there. Eventually, she learned to wait for
*me. Then, she started baby food and just ate solids during the day and BF'd
*at night.

My middle child was the same way - no bottles for her! I went back to work
(part time) when she was 3 mos old, and I just worked short shifts so I
could get back home. She would wait five or six hours for me even at that
age, rather than take one of the bottles of EBM I left for her.

--
Hillary Israeli, VMD
Lafayette Hill/PA/USA/Earth

Old December 15th 05, 04:29 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Hillary Israeli" wrote in message
In ,
toypup wrote:

*
*"Shell" wrote in message
[...]

She took almost an ounce yesterday from a Gerber premie nipple. After some
fussing, but she did atleast get some. *fingers crossed for more success*

~Shell

Old December 15th 05, 04:46 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Shell wrote:

She took almost an ounce yesterday from a Gerber premie nipple. After some
fussing, but she did atleast get some. *fingers crossed
for more success*

One other thing that we did not try and wish we would have in hindsight is a
different size nipple. We stuck with the newborn nipple as recommended but
I wish I would have tried one of the faster flow nipples for older babies.
That would have probably been a better match to me as I had an over active
letdown and milk flowed pretty easily without much work from the baby.

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old December 17th 05, 02:08 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Nikki" wrote in message
Shell wrote:

She took almost an ounce yesterday from a Gerber premie nipple. After
some fussing, but she did atleast get some. *fingers crossed
for more success*

One other thing that we did not try and wish we would have in hindsight is
a different size nipple. We stuck with the newborn nipple as recommended
but I wish I would have tried one of the faster flow nipples for older
babies. That would have probably been a better match to me as I had an
over active letdown and milk flowed pretty easily without much work from
the baby.

Oh.. I didn't even think about a faster one. hmm...

~Shell