Stupid pediatricians

Old December 18th 05, 12:11 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Stupid pediatricians

arachne wrote:
"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...

(against all my better judgment, but I was so tired...). As I sat on
the stairs, listening to her get more and more hysterical, I thought,
"If I lost her tomorrow, which would I rather have had? A baby who
went to sleep on command, or five more minutes of holding her and
gently cuddling her to sleep?" When I framed it that way, the answer
was so clear. I went back in, and picked up my baby, I told her I was
sorry, and wouldn't you know, as soon as I nursed her, she went right
to sleep. And I spent 10 extra minutes holding her, even though she
was sleeping, just being grateful that I *could* hold her.

thank you for posting this. it is so true (at least to me anyway). i'll
remember next time is am feeling tired & over it.

Ditto. Thankyou It will give me something to tell the inlaws when
they mention it *again*.

Jo
Old December 18th 05, 05:14 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Amy" wrote in message
oups.com...

(against all my better judgment, but I was so tired...). As I sat on
the stairs, listening to her get more and more hysterical, I thought,
"If I lost her tomorrow, which would I rather have had? A baby who
went to sleep on command, or five more minutes of holding her and
gently cuddling her to sleep?"

Rocky, now at 6 months, nurses so sporadically
because he'd rather look at anything else. I'm
so glad that we did all that marathon nursing
early on, just so I have the memories of when I
was his whole world.

I feel the same way about sleep. In a few short
years, the kids will be in their own beds, they'd
rather play with their friends, they'll be
conquering their own worlds. While I can, I
want them in my bed, right next to me, so I can
listen to them breathe while they're holding onto
me. Because babies don't keep!

-- Anita --
Old December 18th 05, 08:48 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Irrational Number skrev:
"Amy" wrote in message
[...]

And when they turn teenagers you'd wish they were in your bed so you
knew what they were doing :-)

Tine, Denmark
Mother of a female teenager....