FAO: Charlotte M. - Breastfeeding Myths

Old July 31st 03, 03:21 PM
P. G. Chavez

Default FAO: Charlotte M. - Breastfeeding Myths

Hi Charlotte. How have you been? I haven't seen you on mkb in a while,
so I've posted and sent e-mail. Some of us are trying to figure out
what happened to the "breastfeeding myths" that we were composing as a
group about 2 to 2 1/2 years ago. I seem to remember that Shell was
going to send you all the text she had, in the hopes that someone could
volunteer to compile them. Did you ever get them? Can you help?

Thanks,
-Patty, mom to Corinne [Mar-98] and Nathan [May-00]
and stepmom to Victoria [Apr-90]
Old July 31st 03, 06:02 PM
Charlotte M.

Default Charlotte M. - Breastfeeding Myths

"P. G. Chavez" wrote in message
Hi Charlotte. How have you been?

I've been crazy busy! Some of you may remember my plans to found a perinatal
school -- well, I did it. It is the hardest project I have undertaken in my
life (well, other than trying to come to terms with the fact that Brigitte
is now seven, she's not weaned, and I really am going to breastfeed her into
her college years). It's pretty amazing work though and I am SO proud to
have the (*ahem*) first school of perinatal services in North America.

I haven't seen you on mkb in a while,
so I've posted and sent e-mail.

Cool. I got the email, so I came on here to come see. waves

Some of us are trying to figure out
what happened to the "breastfeeding myths" that we were composing as a
group about 2 to 2 1/2 years ago. I seem to remember that Shell was
going to send you all the text she had, in the hopes that someone could
volunteer to compile them.

Alas. Shell's computer apparently came to a bad end, taking all of the
compiled myths with it. It was a pretty devastating loss because we all
worked so hard on that project -- and it was SO cool to see so many complete
strangers working on a common project without ever meeting face to face
once. Regrettably, my old computer died and even took my own three
researched myths, so I couldn't even offer up the work I did.

When Shell told me that the myths were gone, I ran to dejanews to see what I
could dig out because we had all, at some time or another, posted our
completed myths. the MKB archives do have all of the myths, but I found that
digging everything out as a one-woman excavation too intensive. Our myths
got posted over the span of several months, including re-writes and comments
from the group. Mix it all in with the usual threads, plus the trolls (good
old Milkfetish... I sure miss him), and you get a very crazy dig for the
myths. Had we all used the word "myth" in our subject line, the dig would be
much faster, but since no one forsaw the loss of all that work, no one
organized the posts so neatly.

I suspect that if a few people were to get into digging out the myths in
some organized fashion, like by breaking the search into weeks or some such
thing, most or all of the myths could be resurrected.

If the "team" is interested in digging out the myths, I'm happy to help
polish and proof them. I had at one point had dreams of printing them as a
wonderful tribute to the power of breastfeeding support and I'd still love
to see that happen!

Thanks for contacting me about this!

Charlotte

Old July 31st 03, 06:19 PM
Truffles

Charlotte M. wrote:

"P. G. Chavez" wrote in message

Hi Charlotte. How have you been?

I've been crazy busy! Some of you may remember my plans to found a perinatal
school -- well, I did it. It is the hardest project I have undertaken in my
life (well, other than trying to come to terms with the fact that Brigitte
is now seven, she's not weaned, and I really am going to breastfeed her into
her college years). It's pretty amazing work though and I am SO proud to
have the (*ahem*) first school of perinatal services in North America.

I emailed you my breastfeeding story you asked for a while ago. Did you
get it?

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old August 1st 03, 01:22 AM
Michelle J. Haines

In article ,
says...

I suspect that if a few people were to get into digging out the myths in
some organized fashion, like by breaking the search into weeks or some such
thing, most or all of the myths could be resurrected.

If the "team" is interested in digging out the myths, I'm happy to help
polish and proof them. I had at one point had dreams of printing them as a
wonderful tribute to the power of breastfeeding support and I'd still love
to see that happen!

Well, considering that mine was very long, and I put a lot of thought
into it, I just looked it up. The thread is:
http://tinyurl.com/ionh

It includes my original text, plus two corrections.

Michelle
Flutist

--
In my heart. By my side.