no naps- EVER- life in disaster zone.

Old October 25th 05, 06:36 PM
JJ

Default no naps- EVER- life in disaster zone.

Actually, she eats right before "nap" and then again after. She's
still learning finger foods, and never eats much at one sitting, and
she hates to have help, wants to do it all herself. I was worried
about how little she seems to eat at times, so I started feeding her 4
times a day in the high chair, plus snacks. That way, I feel less
stressed about how much she eats, and if she only eats a couple of
bites of something, no big deal. It's worked out really well- she
eats now at 7, 10, 1 and 4:30, and seems to eat about the same amount
each time.

Yesterday's nap? actually occurred. She fell asleep in the car (after
quiet time from 11-12 resulted in no nap. I knew she'd wake up if I
moved her and she looked so comfy that I pulled into the garage, got a
pillow, and came out and joined her for a car nap. whatever works, I
guess.

JJ

Old October 26th 05, 04:50 AM
Marie

On 25 Oct 2005 10:36:30 -0700, "JJ" wrote:

Actually, she eats right before "nap" and then again after. She's
still learning finger foods, and never eats much at one sitting, and
she hates to have help, wants to do it all herself. I was worried
about how little she seems to eat at times, so I started feeding her 4
times a day in the high chair, plus snacks. That way, I feel less
stressed about how much she eats, and if she only eats a couple of
bites of something, no big deal. It's worked out really well- she
eats now at 7, 10, 1 and 4:30, and seems to eat about the same amount
each time.

I fed my youngest daughter mini-meals throughout the day, too. And
with all the kids, I'd let them snack through the day (not on junk of
course). Some young ones once they can eat fingerfoods will ONLY eat
fingerfoods so I know it can get tricky, feeling that they aren't
eating enough. My youngest was also one of those only into
fingerfoods, and I have relaxed sooo much about messiness during
mealtimes. I am also an expert when at a restaurant at wisking her to
the restrooms and returning to the table in the condition she was in
when we arrived )

Yesterday's nap? actually occurred. She fell asleep in the car (after
quiet time from 11-12 resulted in no nap. I knew she'd wake up if I
moved her and she looked so comfy that I pulled into the garage, got a
pillow, and came out and joined her for a car nap. whatever works, I
guess.

You took a nap in the car?! How did you feel when you got up lol When
I had a no-sleeper we only had one car so I was home almost everyday
of her first year of life, I never experienced that one!
Marie

misc.kids FAQ on Good things about having kids [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 August 30th 05 05:25 AM
Review: A Slipping Down Life (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 May 20th 04 02:30 AM
WSJ: How to Give Your Child A Longer Life Jean B. General 0 December 9th 03 07:10 PM
surprise baby Angela Nelson Solutions 34 November 7th 03 05:01 AM
Review: My Life Without Me (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 3rd 03 02:53 AM