Painful new experience

Old December 8th 05, 03:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Painful new experience

Ilse Witch wrote:

Congrats Nikki!!

Thank you!

Nursing twins is no different from nursing singletons, the only
difficulty I had was the start, when milk didn't come in quick enough
for both.

I hope mine comes in quick and abundant. It will be a bit stressful if it
doesn't.

they have been
exclusively fed on mommy milk since then. It was a lot of hard work,
but worth it!

That is just wonderful. I'll have to go back to work full time so it is
going to be challenging but I hope I can do it!!

If you have any specific questions about the pregnancy or anything
else, please feel free to drop me a mail at ivbemmel AT yahoo DOT com.

I've got a ton of them. Hopefully I'll have time to get them down in the
next week or so :-) I'll email you. My email comes as kavanagh so you'll
know it is me :-)

Thanks!!

--
Nikki
Hunter 4/99

Old December 8th 05, 04:41 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Yes, I agree -- sorry, my post was confusing!! Don't go sticking
needles UP your boob!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old December 8th 05, 05:44 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:39:42 -0600, Nikki wrote:

I'll have to go back to work full time so it is
going to be challenging but I hope I can do it!!

That will definitely be a challenge! I couldn't imagine having to work
during the first 3 months after birth. But I've learned one thing: if you
*really* want to, you can do it. The start is tough, but you'll find a
way. It is extremely important to have a good support system (DH, parents,
friends who can help out), so you can focus on the babies 24/7 during the
first weeks.

I've got a ton of them. Hopefully I'll have time to get them down in
the next week or so :-) I'll email you. My email comes as kavanagh so
you'll know it is me :-)

You'll get a reply that the e-mail is no longer in use, but I read there
once in a while. I'll keep an eye out for your message! Could be the reply
is a bit slow though, you know, having twins and all... ;-)

--
--I
mommy to DS1 (July '02)
Old December 8th 05, 05:47 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 09:36:22 -0600, Nikki wrote:

I also wanted to mention that Ilse should think back to anything
different she did that may have caused the plug.

It could have been DS2 nursing with a bad latch the day before. We were in
the hospital to have their hips X-rayed (standard procedure when born
breech), and he didn't want to latch there. The next day the problems
started.

The plug was really the white thing on my nipple (whatever it is called),
since it opened up, everything is back to normal. Learned something new. I
hope my next new experience is less painful :-)

Thanks everyone for the tips and advice!

Old December 8th 05, 10:49 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Ilse Witch wrote:

That will definitely be a challenge! I couldn't imagine having to work
during the first 3 months after birth.

I do get 12 weeks off so I hope I can work up until the end as any time off
before the birth counts in that 12 wks. I may not be able to this time
though, time will tell!

The start is tough, but you'll
find a way. It is extremely important to have a good support system
(DH, parents, friends who can help out), so you can focus on the
babies 24/7 during the first weeks.

I'm not positive how dh is going to do. He's been zero help at night with
the other babies but hopefully the glaringly odvious will convince him to be
more helpful this time :-) He currently works the graveyard so we need to
change that I think! My aunt can be as much help as I need though so that
will be nice. She wants me to tell her what I need now but of course I
don't know!!

You'll get a reply that the e-mail is no longer in use, but I read
there once in a while. I'll keep an eye out for your message! Could
be the reply is a bit slow though, you know, having twins and all...
;-)

I can imagine. :-)

Old December 14th 05, 08:24 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:49:32 -0600, Nikki wrote:

I do get 12 weeks off so I hope I can work up until the end as any time
off before the birth counts in that 12 wks. I may not be able to this
time though, time will tell!

Don't count on it. A twin pregnancy takes a lot more energy and you *will*
have to take it easier than with a singleton. I noticed this already in
the first few weeks. Towards the end it is just physically impossible to
sit behind a desk or stand for more than 5 minutes.

I'm not positive how dh is going to do. He's been zero help at night
with the other babies but hopefully the glaringly odvious will convince
him to be more helpful this time :-)

LOL!!! Don't count on it ;-) Even though my DH has sort of BTDT when we
moved to the USA, he never realized that being at home with three kids and
no energy is not exactly an easy task. He tried though, and took a lot of
work off my hands, but the mental strain is something you will have to
deal with on your own.

It is going to be very hard, but it is all worth it! Our twins are 4
months now, and I finally have some time for myself most days. The first
10 weeks are the hardest, but have faith in your abilities and don't
hesitate to take or ask for any help you can get.

Old December 14th 05, 10:08 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Ilse Witch wrote:
On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:49:32 -0600, Nikki wrote:

I do get 12 weeks off so I hope I can work up until the end as any
time off before the birth counts in that 12 wks. I may not be able
to this time though, time will tell!

Don't count on it. A twin pregnancy takes a lot more energy and you
*will* have to take it easier than with a singleton. I noticed this
already in the first few weeks. Towards the end it is just physically
impossible to sit behind a desk or stand for more than 5 minutes.

That is what I was thinking. I'm 21wks right now and doing fine but I feel
huge. I can't imagine what the next few months will bring! I asked at the
clinic and over 50% are put on some sort of bedrest even. I decided to take
out some insurance :-) I'll have to manage the best I can and not worry
about the rest! I've asked for a laptop.

LOL!!! Don't count on it ;-) Even though my DH has sort of BTDT when
we moved to the USA, he never realized that being at home with three
kids and no energy is not exactly an easy task. He tried though, and
took a lot of work off my hands, but the mental strain is something
you will have to deal with on your own.

My dh is in deep denial about how much work this summer is going to be for
us all. I want my neice (well cousin's kid ;-) to come down and stay with
us primarily to make sure the big boys get to do some things like go
swimming etc. etc. He doesn't think we need that???!!! We've been
discussing him going part time and being the primary home person when I go
back to work. We've done that before and it isn't ideal but what is? It
will be hard on him, as it would anyone, but maybe a bit extra hard. I'm
going to try to line up someone with experience in twins that can talk with
him so that he 'gets' it a bit more.

The
first 10 weeks are the hardest, but have faith in your abilities and
don't hesitate to take or ask for any help you can get.

It is good to know that it gets easier :-) I have a wonderful aunt that can
stay with me all of April if I want and quite a bit over the summer if I can
figure out how to plan that so she can manage with her job. She's a
wonderful support!