Biting question

Old December 13th 05, 05:06 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Default Biting question

Hi Amy,

I think this supposed to be humor. Right? But I still
don't get it.

Larry

Amy writes:

: wrote:

: What if you forget and the baby bites anyway? In this case,
: press the baby's face directly into your breast.
: The baby will have to open its mouth to breathe. Remove
: your nipple.

: You forgot the most important step:
: 3. Peel baby off ceiling.

: Amy
: (NOT looking forward to teeth!)

Old December 13th 05, 05:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I thought it was pretty funny... But Amy, biting, while
unpleasant, certainly wasn't as bad (re excrutiating) as I feared (IME,
of course). You went through birth, after all!!

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old December 13th 05, 05:51 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

I thought it was pretty funny... But Amy, biting, while
unpleasant, certainly wasn't as bad (read: excrutiating) as I feared

Old December 13th 05, 09:16 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

wrote in message ...

And besidem, teeth is no big deal if you know what you are
doing.

Ah, I don't think so. I knew exactly what I was doing while nursing dd when
she went through her biting phase at 10 months. Babies bite. It has nothing
to do with "experience" with breastfeeding.

Monika only got bitten once or twice.

Then she was pretty lucky that you didn't have biters. It has nothing to do
with skill.

JennP.

Old December 13th 05, 11:39 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"JennP" wrote in message
news

wrote in message ...

And besidem, teeth is no big deal if you know what you are
doing.

Ah, I don't think so. I knew exactly what I was doing while nursing dd
when
she went through her biting phase at 10 months. Babies bite. It has
nothing
to do with "experience" with breastfeeding.

Monika only got bitten once or twice.

Then she was pretty lucky that you didn't have biters. It has nothing to
do
with skill.

I think it does have something to do with skill and experience, but skill
and experience on the part of the baby, not the mother! Babies need to learn
not to bite, and learn how to latch properly with teeth, and then nursing a
toddler is usually a breeze. But I don't think all biting can be prevented,
however experienced the mother. Sometimes they just clamp down right in the
middle of a feed. It is usually much better once the teeth have emerged
though.

--
Amy
Mum to Carlos born sleeping 20/11/02,

Old December 14th 05, 01:19 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

"Mum of Two" wrote in message

I think it does have something to do with skill and experience, but skill
and experience on the part of the baby, not the mother!

Exactly. Jessica was cutting four teeth at once and really had trouble
latching for about 3 weeks. I got bit almost every single feed during that
time. Teeth can be a big deal but it usually doesn't last forever.

JennP.

Old December 14th 05, 06:30 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Urgh and forget what I just said about it not being so bad... His last
few latches have been very, umm, pointy. Yowch. I'm sure he's doing
it just to prove me wrong, the little bugger. :P

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old December 14th 05, 10:07 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding

Mum of Two writes:

"JennP" wrote in message
news
wrote in message

And besidem, teeth is no big deal if you know what you are doing.

Ah, I don't think so. I knew exactly what I was doing while nursing dd
when she went through her biting phase at 10 months. Babies bite. It has
nothing to do with "experience" with breastfeeding.

Monika only got bitten once or twice.

Then she was pretty lucky that you didn't have biters. It has nothing to
do with skill.

I think it does have something to do with skill and experience, but
skill and experience on the part of the baby, not the mother! Babies
need to learn not to bite, and learn how to latch properly with teeth,
and then nursing a toddler is usually a breeze. But I don't think all
biting can be prevented, however experienced the mother. Sometimes they
just clamp down right in the middle of a feed.

Yes! Larry's the "they can't bite if they're properly latched" exponent,
isn't he? Colin used to release the latch and bite all in one swift
movement - the idea that one could spot the latch going and take him off
before he bit was pure fiction in our case. Fortunately, he didn't do it
much, but I do think that was mostly luck. What I did was pretty standard:
say "No biting! Biting hurts Mummy!", put him down, leave the room for a
couple of minutes, go back and cuddle but not feed again for at least 20
mins or so. Doing this without the leaving the room bit seemed to have no
effect, but YMMV.

Sidheag
DS Colin Oct 27 2003

Question for Dr. Sarah Vaughan Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 5 October 25th 04 10:14 PM
Doan lies yet again..was.. Kane0 lies again Doan's phony offer to "debate" Kane Spanking 6 May 14th 04 02:10 AM
Classic Droan was R R R R, should I DOUBLE DARE HIM? ..was... LaVonne Kane Spanking 0 April 17th 04 07:13 PM
Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 03:23 PM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 03:28 AM