MDs forcing kids to take poison

Old August 11th 05, 11:55 PM

Jeff wrote:
"Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
(...)

This is where liberalism really bugs me. Liberals are the poison
paranoia people. Somebody finds some kind of politically correct
"poison" like thimerosal, and regardless of the evidence for, or
against, liberals will try to hamstring a program that will save 3/4
million kids a year, to keep it from being used. Unintended
consequences. They don't care. If the solution doesn't fit their
utopian vision, they'd rather *prevent* a reasonable version of it used
at all.

Disgusting!

And then you have conservatives who sent people to war in Iraq because of
weapons of mass destruction that don't exist. I think the estimate of the
number of people who have died has to be around 15,000 directly and around
200,000 directly and indirectly.

COMMENT:

Yeah, but don't blame me for them. I'm a libertarian, and never liked
that war.

COMMENT
This is where labels really bug me. Not all conservatives are in favor of
the war. And not all liberals are against thimerasol. I am quite liberal and
in favor of vaccination. In fact, because of vaccination, I have yet to see
a case of Hib menigitis. And there are thousands of kids who are in high
school would have otherwise been in the ground. I am also in favor of using
GM foods and dislike organic foods.

I guess logic can overcome my liberalism.

Jeff

COMMENT:

You must be a lonely, lonely man, then.

Vaccination does cut across party lines, because parental concern does.
However, vaccine liability and tort law reform usually doesn't.
Liberman is the only major liberal in congress I can think of who's
come out in favor of tort law reform (without which you historically
wouldn't HAVE any vaccines). There must be some others, but they're not
very visible. Historically, The Democrats didn't give in to legal
protection of vaccine-makers until there very nearly weren't any
vaccines or vaccine producers left in the US (I think we're down to
about 4 from about 30). That's how out of touch they are.

SBH

Old August 12th 05, 12:17 AM
Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com

David Wright wrote:
Actually, trying to tag the anti-thimerosal crowd as "liberals" is
rather disgusting in its own right. The anti-thimerosal people are
a mixture of Luddite nitwits and relatives of autistic children who
are looking for someone to blame. This sort of thing crosses all
ideological boundaries -- or are you going to tell me that good ol'
Dan Burton (R-Ind) is a "liberal"?

COMMENT:

You can find a few crossovers on any political issue you like,
including the war in Iraq and tort reform. But while all liberals are
not luddites, I think it's closer to the truth that most luddites are
liberals. As I pointed out in another message, Ralph Nader was never
in danger of splitting the Republican party in 2000. He DID split the
Democrats and give us Bush. His group is a subset of the Left, and a
not-uninfluential one.

SBH

Old August 12th 05, 12:26 AM

Caledonia wrote:
Sbharris[atsign]ix.netcom.com wrote:

This is where liberalism really bugs me. Liberals are the poison
paranoia people.

I always thought liberals were the people who wanted to extend
healthcare benefits to cover all individuals living in the U.S. Or at
the very least, expand government programs serving uninsured children
and provide childhood immunizations regardless of
nationality/immigration status, sort of like the Kennedy/Kerry
proposal.

Caledonia

COMMENT:

Yes, liberals are indeed the people who never met a government program
for citizens they didn't like.

The Kennedy/Kerry proposal is just the tail end of a Clinton program
that effectively 50% socialized the vaccine business in the early 90's,
and came close to completing the job of driving every last vaccine
maker off American soil (a goal which seems to be dear to the
Democratic heart, for some reason). When they're all gone, no doubt
we'll import all our vaccines from other countries. While liberals no
doubt whine about the outsourcing, loss of jobs, and maybe even vaccine
sweatshops.

The essence of liberalism is to bind up the mouths of the kine who
tread the grain. Then to complain about flour shortages and high
prices, and call for government-subsidized bread.

SBH

Old August 12th 05, 12:38 AM
Kurt Ullman

In article . com,

David Wright wrote:
Actually, trying to tag the anti-thimerosal crowd as "liberals" is
rather disgusting in its own right. The anti-thimerosal people are
a mixture of Luddite nitwits and relatives of autistic children who
are looking for someone to blame. This sort of thing crosses all
ideological boundaries -- or are you going to tell me that good ol'
Dan Burton (R-Ind) is a "liberal"?

COMMENT:

You can find a few crossovers on any political issue you like,
including the war in Iraq and tort reform. But while all liberals are
not luddites, I think it's closer to the truth that most luddites are
liberals. As I pointed out in another message, Ralph Nader was never
in danger of splitting the Republican party in 2000. He DID split the
Democrats and give us Bush. His group is a subset of the Left, and a
not-uninfluential one.

Being in Dan's district and listening to him talk, he has a
grandson or daughter with autism and is looking for something to
blame more than anything else.

--
There are three subjects doctors know nothing about and should be
ignored when they pretend to: sex, diet and lower back pain.