Interesting New Research on Spanking

Old February 26th 06, 11:26 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Default Interesting New Research on Spanking

0:- wrote:
Doan wrote:

So, LaVonne, what about the non-cp alternatives? How do they compare
to spanking under the same statistical analysis? I have checked
the archives and CAN'T FIND them. Help me, please! ;-)

In other words you don't wish to debate the information presented. How
typical.

0:-

Doan is either stupid or crafty. What do you think? I'll go for stupid
with a bit OF crafty on the side. What he wrote above is such a hoot,
unless he is ignorant enough to believe what he wrties. Hard to tell....

LaVonne

Doan

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

A ground-breaking study examined whether the normativeness of physical
discipline moderates the link between mothers' use of physical
discipline and children's adjustment. The sample included 336
mother-child dyads from China, India, Italy, Kenya, the Philippines, and
Thailand.

Results revealed that "physical discipline was less strongly associated
with adverse child outcomes in conditions of greater perceived
normativeness, but physical discipline was also associated with more
adverse outcomes regardless of the perceived normativeness. Countries
with the lowest use of physical disciplined showed the strongest
association between mother's use and children's behavior problems, but
in all countries, higher use of physical discipline was associated with
more aggression and anxiety." (Lansford, et.al. 2005, 1234)

This is interesting because culture and what is considered the norm is
so often used as a justifier for physical discipline. This study
clearly shows that while the adverse effects of physical disipline were
less in countries where it was considered the norm, it was still
associated with adverse outcomes for children, including more anxiety
and aggresstion.

So I ask again -- why use physical discipline when yet another study
finds it to be harmful to children?

LaVonne

Reference:

Lansford, J., Dodge, K. & Malone, P., Bacchini, D., Zelli, A.,
Chaudhary, N., Manke, B., Chang, L., Oburu, P., Palmerus, K.,
Pastorelli, C., Bombi, A., Tapanya, S., Deater-Deckard, K., & Quinn, N.
(2005). Physical Discipline and Children's Adjustment: Cultural
Normativeness as a Moderator. Child Development, November/December
2005. 76(6), 1234-1246.

Old February 26th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Carlson LaVonne wrote:

0:- wrote:
Doan wrote:

So, LaVonne, what about the non-cp alternatives? How do they compare
to spanking under the same statistical analysis? I have checked
the archives and CAN'T FIND them. Help me, please! ;-)

In other words you don't wish to debate the information presented. How
typical.

0:-

Doan is either stupid or crafty. What do you think? I'll go for stupid
with a bit OF crafty on the side. What he wrote above is such a hoot,
unless he is ignorant enough to believe what he wrties. Hard to tell....

LaVonne

Hahaha! So you are still claiming that they are in the "archives",
LaVonne? Your little poodle, ignoranus kane0, already admitted
that no such study existed! Are you saying that he is STUPID? ;-)

Doan

Old February 27th 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

Carlson LaVonne wrote:

0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

So, LaVonne, what about the non-cp alternatives? How do they compare
to spanking under the same statistical analysis? I have checked
the archives and CAN'T FIND them. Help me, please! ;-)

In other words you don't wish to debate the information presented. How
typical.

0:-

Doan is either stupid or crafty. What do you think? I'll go for stupid
with a bit OF crafty on the side. What he wrote above is such a hoot,
unless he is ignorant enough to believe what he wrties. Hard to tell....

LaVonne

You can be sure he won't respond to the Embry study any longer.

Not with real debate. Just lies about the content.

There are lots of crafty folks that are stupid. Why does it have to "or?"

Well, he tries to word his demands so that they are impossible to
respond to. He found out how that works when I asked The Question.

There are more than enough citations of various studies and research on
what spanking does and what non-cp methods can do.

One does not have to have a study that is a duplicate of another when
one is studying two different issues for either to be valid.

That's precisely why he doesn't really want to debate Embry and keeps up
this dodge. It terrifies him.

It's one of those he demands. Now he's finally gotten it (he didn't have
it, trust me) he knows he's in trouble with his claims.

"it's not about spanking," is his currect ploy...after demanding we
debate it in this newsgroup when he claims he had it a couple of years
back. It even has a spank count in it, but of course the observation
conclusions are on the effectiveness of anything but (pun intended.)

He's a noisy child, nothing more.

His only real skill is annoyance and he's getting to be less effective
at that. The only people that take him seriously are newbies.

Kane

Old February 27th 06, 04:12 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, 0:- wrote:

Carlson LaVonne wrote:

0:- wrote:

Doan wrote:

So, LaVonne, what about the non-cp alternatives? How do they compare
to spanking under the same statistical analysis? I have checked
the archives and CAN'T FIND them. Help me, please! ;-)

In other words you don't wish to debate the information presented. How
typical.

0:-

Doan is either stupid or crafty. What do you think? I'll go for stupid
with a bit OF crafty on the side. What he wrote above is such a hoot,
unless he is ignorant enough to believe what he wrties. Hard to tell....

LaVonne

You can be sure he won't respond to the Embry study any longer.

Not with real debate. Just lies about the content.

The only proven liar here is YOU! ;-)

AFfromdreamland

Old February 27th 06, 04:19 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking

| Parenting Suggestions- kane Spanking 9 December 15th 04 05:53 AM
"Parenting Without Punishing" Chris Solutions 328 July 1st 04 05:59 AM
Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 09:05 PM