Quick introduction of myself :)

Old April 5th 04, 07:33 AM
Nikki

Default Quick introduction of myself :)

Carol Ann wrote:

It IS important to think a few steps ahead though. Having your drink,
telephone and remote nearby is very important. I can't tell you how
many times the phone rang and I couldn't get to it b/c I left it in
the other room!

It took me awhile but I also learned that it is better to just let the baby
cry a minute (or I learned to carry the baby) and go pee before you sit down
to nurse. I could never hold it long enough to get through the whole
nursing session so I'd just have to disrupt the baby to get up and go
anyway. When I didn't go first and interrupted the baby I often lost the
'baby goes to sleep after nursing' bonus!
--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old April 5th 04, 02:48 PM
Belphoebe

Nikki wrote:

It took me awhile but I also learned that it is better to just let
the baby cry a minute (or I learned to carry the baby) and go pee
before you sit down to nurse. I could never hold it long enough to
get through the whole nursing session so I'd just have to disrupt the
baby to get up and go anyway. When I didn't go first and interrupted
the baby I often lost the 'baby goes to sleep after nursing' bonus!

I'd add to that make sure your water glass is full and have a snack handy in
case you get hungry while the little one is asleep on you. I don't know how
many times I sat there with an empty glass and a hungry stomach. I used to
say I was stranded on my island.

--
Belphoebe

Old April 5th 04, 02:53 PM
Belphoebe

JennP wrote:
"Carol Ann" wrote in message

I'm having difficulty with this one. I'm about a 40 E (before my
milk came in). How can I do this?

Just practicing? You might find it easier to prop her toward you with
a little pillow. There was no way I could do it in the beginning. It
took some practice then I did it all the time.

Also, if you have a good LC at your hospital, ask her to show you how to
nurse lying down. This was one of the best things I learned during my
hospital stay. And in addition to that, you still need to practice. I'd
suggest doing a lot of little naptime practices--you're likely to be less
tired and more patient. Fiddle around with positioning, and you'll find
what works best for both of you. I haven't found being large-breasted to be
a detriment to nursing lying down. On the contrary, I can feed from both
without rotating the baby to my other side.

--
Belphoebe

Old April 6th 04, 02:34 AM
Deirdre

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
> [...]
If you can figure out nursing lying down (it's not too hard, but I think
it depends on how large your breasts are), that is great for the middle
of the night nursings.

Good luck!!

I'm having difficulty with this one. I'm about a 40 E (before my milk came
in). How can I do this?

~Carol Ann

----------------
YMMV, but I'm a 42F and my little man couldn't nurse lying down until about
week 10 or so. He needed enough head control to pull his head (face) back
when he was about to be smothered by the big bazooms.

-Deirdre

Old April 6th 04, 09:31 PM
Larry McMahan

Deirdre writes:

: "Carol Ann" wrote in message
: news:lKZbc.181404$_w.1837952@attbi_s53...
: If you can figure out nursing lying down (it's not too hard, but I think
: it depends on how large your breasts are), that is great for the middle
: of the night nursings.
:
: Good luck!!

: ----------------
: YMMV, but I'm a 42F and my little man couldn't nurse lying down until about
: week 10 or so. He needed enough head control to pull his head (face) back
: when he was about to be smothered by the big bazooms.

: -Deirdre

The way Monika did it was to lie on her side facing the baby and
have the baby lie on her/his side nursing off of the bottom breast.
It was forever before either could nurse off the top breast.

You have to use the "taco hold" on the breast to get the baby
latched on, also.

Try it!
Larry
:-)
Old April 6th 04, 09:33 PM
Larry McMahan

Vicki S writes:

: Jill, you have gotten lots of great answers, but I would like to
: respond specifically about this statement. Finding a local group of
: breastfeeding mothers is an *excellent* idea. Finding more than one
: group would be a good idea, too. Places to try in addition to your
: hospital a

[good list snipped]

And escuse me, but hospitals, expecially in the south, are often
not particularly helpful.

Larry

A quick birth anouncement ang Pregnancy 14 April 29th 04 05:37 PM
How quick the immunistation starts to work once get a flu shot? sams Kids Health 2 December 10th 03 09:48 AM
Quick feeder Spanannie Breastfeeding 1 October 11th 03 11:51 PM
Another Quick Announcement Cindy Camp Pregnancy 7 October 6th 03 04:35 PM
Quick Question - Might be a little long Paul Morris Pregnancy 9 September 25th 03 09:40 PM