twin baby carriers

Old November 14th 03, 10:22 PM
Andrea

Default twin baby carriers

Has anybody used a twin baby carrier and if so ..... what sort? was it
good? and do you know if you can get it in the UK?

I thought about getting them, but figured that the babies would get heavy real
quick. I'm glad I didn't spend the money because one would even get heavy or
start hurting my back when I used the carrier.

Andrea
twin girls-Jordan & Madison
3/22/00
Old November 20th 03, 04:53 AM
Ducky Lawyer

Ellie wrote:

Hello

Has anybody used a twin baby carrier and if so ..... what sort? was it
good? and do you know if you can get it in the UK? We have got too single
carriers, but not the sort that could be worn together if just one of us was
going out with the twins.

CC'd to original poster, Ellie

We have a twin carrier, and it's great. I can't say enough wonderful
things about the Maximom, found at www.babycarriers.com/products4.html
As you'll see from the link, each carrier has a harness (bodysuit) and a
set of straps. Parents can wear/carry one, two or even three babies at
a time, in a variety of positions. It works as a sling, high chair, back
or front carrier, etc...

My husband loves ours - we either wear one baby each, or he wears both.
This carrier has literally saved us from being housebound during the
latter part of the yea r(when our two got too big for the baby buckets
and snap n go strollers; our subay station doesn't have an elevator yet).

And, the people who sell the carriers are nice, accomodating and always
helpful. The only downside is the shipping from the US, but since
there's nothing else on the market, and the product is so great, we
figured it was worth it. Couldn't be happier with it.

--Barbara, no connection to the company, just a satisfied user

Old November 20th 03, 05:01 AM
Ducky Lawyer

Andrea wrote:

Has anybody used a twin baby carrier and if so ..... what sort? was it
good? and do you know if you can get it in the UK?

I thought about getting them, but figured that the babies would get heavy real
quick. I'm glad I didn't spend the money because one would even get heavy or
start hurting my back when I used the carrier.

m sure this varies wildly, but my DH is still using our double carriers
at the same time - and our girls are nearly one! (They're around 18 lbs
each). He can wear both on the front, and says it's more
comfortable/balanced than one on back, one on front. Of course, I take
him at his word; I'm finding just one baby in the carrier on the front
to be 'too heavy' for me!
--Barbara

Old November 20th 03, 02:26 PM
erika

"Ellie" wrote in message ...
Oops - never thought of that! Brain obviously not working anymore!

Ellie

You could always use a sling and a single stroller.

--Helen

HAHA Ellie, most of us on here have no brain working most of the
time. in my experience, i never had a twin carrier but i had a single
and would carry the other twin in my arms (you should see the
muscles on my arms still) but i got rid of the carrier fast because
they were HEAVY. my back was hurting horribly. i would suggest that
whatever you go with make sure its cloth and doesnt have metal on it
anywhere, just to keep down on added weight.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...92111?v=glance

if that site will work we had something SIMILAR to this but it was a
LOT cheaper. think i paid $20 american for it at toys r us and most
of these things, if you cant actually find them in the uk, can be
purchased online pretty easily.

good luck with it dear.