Buggy addiction?

Old December 19th 07, 01:06 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

Default Buggy addiction?

I was just wondering if any of you share the buggy(puschair) addiction? I've
just bought yet another buggy (the Loola by Bebe Confort) and I'm massively
happy! It will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait. It will live happily with
my Quinny Zapp, which I keep in the car, and will replace my Mammas and
Pappas P3 which will go and live at the babysitters as it's too big for me.

Yeah, so three buggies is a lot, but at least I found homes for the other
two that I had before!! What can I say? A girl likes a change

Lucy x

Old December 19th 07, 09:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Lucy-lu wrote:
I was just wondering if any of you share the buggy(puschair) addiction? I've
just bought yet another buggy (the Loola by Bebe Confort) and I'm massively
happy! It will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait. It will live happily with
my Quinny Zapp, which I keep in the car, and will replace my Mammas and
Pappas P3 which will go and live at the babysitters as it's too big for me.

Yeah, so three buggies is a lot, but at least I found homes for the other
two that I had before!! What can I say? A girl likes a change

I can see the temptation! We ended up going through three, with two
children, we had a maxi taxi 3 wheeler, which we loved, but when we had
to replace our car it didn't fit in the boot of the new one (which was
given to us by my grandma, so we didn't have a choice), so we got a
cheap umbrella stroller, I never really liked it, but it did get a fair
amount of use in a variety of circumstances, we found we could fit it
between the front and back seats of the car, which turned out to be very
useful, both when we had a lot of stuff in the car and when needing to
put various mobility aids in the boot. After initially deciding against
a double or tandem, we ended up getting a second hand graco duo, for
reasons we couldn't have predicted, DS was perfectly capable of walking,
but desired to push the buggy, which turned out to be too much for me
and the tandem turned out to fit very nicely under our stairs, it even
fit in the car (which was a surprise, none we tried at the store did),
but I think we only did that once or twice, it was evil to fold and I
couldn't have lifted it. We passed that on before we moved and sold the
umbrella stroller at a garage sale, the other one is still sat in the
garage, it got damaged on the plane when we moved, but still works, I'm
surprised we stopped using it so early, DD is 2.5 now and I don't think
it's been used since August or September. The damage means it now
wouldn't be able to take a car seat and we don't have the car seat it
originally took, I guess it will stay in the garage a few more months
and if we really haven't used it, then it will be time for it to go in
the bin (unfortunate, but the damaged bit is a little sharp and I don't
think it would be a good idea to pass it on). We are planning another
baby though, so we'll be starting from scratch again and I bet what is
available has changed, we'll be looking for something fairly similar
though, our 3 wheeler had a fixed front wheel and a hand brake, we live
close to a mall but down a hill, so an all terrain buggy is ideal,
easier to get up and safer to get down - but different needs require
different things, I could definitely see wanting something lighter and
easier to fold for use when we go places in the car.

Cheers
Anne
Old December 19th 07, 09:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

"Anne Rogers" wrote in message
. ..
Lucy-lu wrote:
[...]

Just re-read what I wrote - the two I found homes for were the ones I had
before I had these three! I'm as bad with slings too - at the moment, I just
have the wrap and a hip seat to save my back, but I'd love to get a Mei Tai
too! My best friend is all smug, saying the same as I did before I had a
baby "oh, I'll just get one and stick with it!". The Zapp fits so nicely in
the car, where as the M&P's is too long when folded.

I'm so fussy with them too - I like the seat to be up higher than you get in
a normal stroller. Despite the Zapp, I like it to be able to recline, and
have good shopping space, and for it to do lots of things! When I've had the
Loola 6 months, you know I'm going to be after something else! On the plus
side, if (or, hopefully when) we make #2, you can get lovely carry cots to
make it into a pram, and a carseat that goes straigh into the chassis. If I
get tempted to buy something else, hopefully I'll see sense and just buy
different coloured seat covers!

I've already got my eye on the Buggster and the OBaby pram...

Lucy x

Old December 19th 07, 10:30 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Anne Rogers[_4_]

Just re-read what I wrote - the two I found homes for were the ones I had
before I had these three! I'm as bad with slings too - at the moment, I just
have the wrap and a hip seat to save my back, but I'd love to get a Mei Tai
too! My best friend is all smug, saying the same as I did before I had a
baby "oh, I'll just get one and stick with it!". The Zapp fits so nicely in
the car, where as the M&P's is too long when folded.

don't talk to me about baby carriers! I think they are even more prone
to the needing a different one for a different stage, or for a different
purpose. That I can think of, I've had at least 6, 4 are still in the
cupboard downstairs, 2 got passed on. The 4 I still have I'm definitely
hanging on to, I'm more likely to make another rather than buy another,
though I wish I could get one identical to one of them that I've had to
repair, it's basically a Mei Tai, but we bought it in Korea and none of
the ones I've seen either in the UK or the US are quite like it and this
one really has been perfect.

Cheers
Anne
Old December 20th 07, 01:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni Steers

"Lucy-lu" wrote in message
I was just wondering if any of you share the buggy(puschair) addiction?

We only bought the Chicco travel system, which was good value but not the
best one. If I'd had the spare cash I would have bought another one
too.Since bought a P&T which I adore. Just need to convince ds to sit in
it.

I can see me buying a few slings. After not getting on with the Bjorn with
ds I've bought a Kari-me, but have seen a few others I'd like to try too.

Jeni

Old December 20th 07, 03:55 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Lucy-lu" wrote in message
I was just wondering if any of you share the buggy(puschair) addiction?
I've just bought yet another buggy (the Loola by Bebe Confort) and I'm
massively happy! It will arrive tomorrow, and I can't wait. It will live
happily with my Quinny Zapp, which I keep in the car, and will replace my
Mammas and Pappas P3 which will go and live at the babysitters as it's too
big for me.

Yeah, so three buggies is a lot, but at least I found homes for the other
two that I had before!! What can I say? A girl likes a change

Lucy x

We have/have had
1: silver cross pushchair
1: silver cross old fashioned pram
2: Maclaren single buggies
1: Mothercare double buggy
1: Maclaren double buggy
2: sit'n go buggy boards
AND
4 slings (1 mothercare, 2 babybjorn, 1 homemade wrap)

(plus 2 prams, 2 strollers, and 1 double buggy for dolls AND 1 cheap sling,
1 baby annabel sling and 2 homemade wraps)

To be fair the only new ones we've had were the maclarens (one gave up the
ghost after #1) and one buggy board. The old maclaren and the double
mothercare have found good homes, but we still have the silver crosses up in
the loft.

And that is for 3 children I suppose...
Debbie

Old December 21st 07, 05:53 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

Seriously, you all scare me ;-)

When I had Sam we got given a graco buggy including the car seat that
clipped into the buggy. I hated the thing from the start! We lived in an
old city, so the entire city center was cobblestones and similar and
since the graco was not sprung at all (eh, do you say it like that? It
didn't have any springs or anything to stop the baby from "rattling
around" when going over bumps.).
As soon as I moved I bought a new stroller. The one I always wanted, it
was around 700 DM (350 Euros) then, tires that are filled with air,
really well sprung, no problems walking through the forest or on cobbles
or anything. I have never got stuck with it while the graco would
practically dig into sand :-/
I stored it and now Sara's in it. Love it.
I bought a maxi taxi for the maxi cosi car seat this year before going
to austria, not my choice though. We could not take the stroller (it's
huge and only folds down, not in, if you know what I mean... (Not a
problem for me, I don't own a car). I don't love the taxi, it's just
like the graco in that it's not sprung at all and while I did use it a
fair bit (Sara is so heavy, carrying the car seat is really not an
option for anything more than 50 or so meters.) I'm not really happy
with it.
So, total strollers: 3. But if I'd had a choice I'd have bought just the
one I love.
I had 3 wraps (www.didymos.de) all in all. The first one I got via ebay,
it was blue and yellow and I loved it but it was slightly too short, so
we bought the longest regular one available through didymos and I gave
the blue one away to my "SIL" (who never used it, but yeah... we got the
graco stroller from her because she'd decided she'd rather have a
different one after all, I guess we know why.) Anyway, I got a short
wrap from a friend because the long one is really unsuitable for
carrying children on the hip (too long, you end up wrapped up to your
neck in ends).
I also kept the two wraps and am using them for Sara. I have the long
one in my diaper bag, just in case, the short one stays home for now,
though I've already used it for her (tied as the "cradle").

cu
nicole