POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Old December 16th 03, 04:56 PM
Kari

Default POLL: What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids, yourself,
etc..

Kaylie wants the Winter Wonderland Bratz dolls. I got her Dana and Cloe. And
Neopets are really big for her too which I got her 2 of. And clothes,
already! From Limited too (ack!)

Noah wants a Game boy advance (got it) and Mario Kart for the Game Cube. I
also got him the coolest lock box thingy from Discovery kids. His age is
really hard for me..

Xander is really too young but I got him his first Baby Einstein (actually
Galileo) dvd, a stuffed Gund bear and one of those light up gym things that
they lay under and later turns into a piano of sorts. I think Fisher Price
puts it out. And of course his first ornament!

I would love a spa treatment with the works!!! Anything else is just
bonus...

Kari
mom to Kaylie (8- today!) Noah (4) and Xander (2 mos)

Old December 16th 03, 05:09 PM
James and Karen Stewart

Default What's on everyone's holiday list this year?

My son only asks for car and trucks and the like... he is 4, so for him we
got some cars and trucks..but really everything he wanted was expensive so
he didn'tg et anything off of his list this year...just other things we knew
he would like. As for my daughter she didn't ask but is getting a CD
portable player this year... I got a cheapy for her first one...if she drops
it no big deal....but it's a test run..so if she likes it then by her
birthday it will likely be a better one and more cd's for her to listen to.
We just found interesting items thsi year and bought things we know they
will like.
Karen

Old December 16th 03, 05:25 PM
Ali's Daddie

"Kari" wrote in message
| Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids,
yourself,
| etc..
|
| Kaylie wants the Winter Wonderland Bratz dolls. I got her Dana and Cloe.
And
| Neopets are really big for her too which I got her 2 of. And clothes,
| already! From Limited too (ack!)
|
| Noah wants a Game boy advance (got it) and Mario Kart for the Game Cube. I
| also got him the coolest lock box thingy from Discovery kids. His age is
| really hard for me..
|
| Xander is really too young but I got him his first Baby Einstein (actually
| Galileo) dvd, a stuffed Gund bear and one of those light up gym things
that
| they lay under and later turns into a piano of sorts. I think Fisher Price
| puts it out. And of course his first ornament!
|
| I would love a spa treatment with the works!!! Anything else is just
| bonus...
|
| Kari
| mom to Kaylie (8- today!) Noah (4) and Xander (2 mos)

We didn't overdo it for Alegra this year since she is only going to be 7
months old on xmas day. But we got her the baby Einstein books (set of 4)
and 3 new fisher price noise making, learning toys. I think the only reason
we bothered with anything for her is the fact that she will have a blast
tearing the paper off the boxes lol.

Also, we could not find a good first ornament that we both liked. So we
improvised, and it turned out more special than anything we could have
bought. We used Alegra's first pair of shoes. I put them together on a hook
and hung then on the tree. It was the perfect first ornament for her :-D

For our niece (4), we got several books (she is an avid "reader"), some nice
toys, including her obsession, Barbie. Also, for her "big gift" We got her a
new Barbie Bicycle from Santa (complete with training wheels and a
helmet/pad set). Plus we have tons of great little stocking stuffer gifts,
and lots of smaller toys for her. In her case, quantity is better lol

For her first ornament (with us) we found a perfect one. A cute little ice
cream cone. That fits her perfectly. She has always been an ice cream lover.
In fact, when she lived with my mother, she had ice cream EVERY DAY lol.

Jarrod and I are not really doing much for Xmas for each other this year
(not until after Xmas). We wanted to make it all about the girls.

However, in February, he will be getting a nice big bonus from work, so we
are booking us 3 cruises. One for April 2004, one for December 2004 and one
for Feb 2005. The first 2 are Western Caribbean cruises (I'm obsessed with
the Mayan Ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula), and the latter one in Feb 2005 is
a South America/Panama Canal cruise (Including Peru so we can see Machu
Picchu).

--
LES!

To send me an email, please remove Your Hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

Old December 16th 03, 05:37 PM
Kari

We didn't overdo it for Alegra this year since she is only going to be 7
months old on xmas day. But we got her the baby Einstein books (set of 4)
and 3 new fisher price noise making, learning toys. I think the only

reason
we bothered with anything for her is the fact that she will have a blast
tearing the paper off the boxes lol.

That is SO true. Noah was 8 mos at his first Xmas and he loved the paper!

Also, we could not find a good first ornament that we both liked. So we
improvised, and it turned out more special than anything we could have
bought. We used Alegra's first pair of shoes. I put them together on a

hook
and hung then on the tree. It was the perfect first ornament for her :-D

That's great! I just got Xander one of the Hallmark ones.

Plus we have tons of great little stocking stuffer gifts,
and lots of smaller toys for her. In her case, quantity is better lol

As always with kids!! We do the stocking stuffer thing too.

For her first ornament (with us) we found a perfect one. A cute little ice
cream cone. That fits her perfectly. She has always been an ice cream

lover.
In fact, when she lived with my mother, she had ice cream EVERY DAY lol.

How sweet. We buy the kids new ones each year pertaining to their interests
too. I think Kaylie has about 4 ballet ones now though! Lol. I actually
found an Irish Step dancer ornament on ebay for her this year, I can't wait
to give it to her.

Jarrod and I are not really doing much for Xmas for each other this year
(not until after Xmas). We wanted to make it all about the girls.

Yeah, the holidays are definately more for the kids. My husband however IS
one of the kids, lol, so I did buy him as much as I did for them. Including
a cookbook AND apron. Wonder if he'll get the hint?

However, in February, he will be getting a nice big bonus from work, so we
are booking us 3 cruises. One for April 2004, one for December 2004 and

one
for Feb 2005. The first 2 are Western Caribbean cruises (I'm obsessed with
the Mayan Ruins in the Yucatan Peninsula), and the latter one in Feb 2005

is
a South America/Panama Canal cruise (Including Peru so we can see Machu
Picchu).

WOW. I would LOVE a cruise. I can't talk my husband into it. I think after 9
years in the Navy that killed the idea for him. Have fun, that sounds
awesome!!

Kari

Old December 16th 03, 05:39 PM
Kari

My son only asks for car and trucks and the like... he is 4, so for him we
got some cars and trucks..

I wish I could do that for Noah. He doesn't play with cars or trucks. Never
has. Maybe Xander will (fingers crossed) *I* like playing with them!!

but really everything he wanted was expensive

Yep, same here. I got him his GBA but its not those new ones that flip open,
its the regular advance. I got it on ebay for 50.00 and that was with a game
so it was a great deal.

Kari

Old December 16th 03, 05:57 PM
Denise

"Kari" wrote in message
[...]

For Emily (5) its Bratz and girly stuff So we got her the Bratz stretch
limo and a doll. She also got an electronic Dora Bingo game and some books
and clothes she had asked for.
Buggy (3 1/2) is happy with anything wrapped up. We got her a doll and a
baby doll nursery, books and some little stuff.
And for Katie (2, my tomboy ) we got some push around cars, a train with
circus animals, a new baby doll and some little stuff.
We're going to my parents' house in Florida the end of the month, so I'm
sure they'll be spoiled there.

Old December 16th 03, 06:55 PM
Sophie

Charlotte (5) is easy - pink, pink, and more pink! She's getting a set of
Kim Possible sheets, PJs, purple unicorn slippers, Strawberry Shortcake nail
polish, stuff like that. Her big present is from my parents - a Barbie
laptop.

Patrick (4) also easy - anything Thomas the Tank Engine. He's also getting
Scooby Doo PJs, Buzz Lightyear slippers, he's also asking for any and
everything remote control. His big present is a bike.

Lewis (2) is harder. He just had his birthday, plus he has never played his
toys meant for his age. He likes Bob the Builder and Thomas stuff. He also
likes motorcycles. He's getting an electric train set, GI Joe slippers,
PJs. No big toy cos he doesn't really care yet.

Old December 16th 03, 07:04 PM
Tracey

Kari wrote:

Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids,
yourself, etc..

My DD is 7 and the only things she asked for were the Fisher-Price Imaginext
Pirate Ship and a Video Now player, both of which she is getting. She is
also getting a new LeapPad (hers just broke in October), Finding Nemo DVD,
Ello Jungala set and a few other things that Dad would like to play with.
No 'girly' stuff, she'd much rather play with the trains/blocks/legos.

DS is 9 months old and is getting things that the rest of us want to play
with...Fisher Price Noahs Ark, Limbo Elmo, some blocks and a Little Leap
Drum thing.

Old December 16th 03, 07:06 PM
Ali's Daddie

"Sophie" wrote in message
| Charlotte (5) is easy - pink, pink, and more pink! She's getting a set of
| Kim Possible sheets, PJs, purple unicorn slippers, Strawberry Shortcake
nail
| polish, stuff like that. Her big present is from my parents - a Barbie
| laptop.

My niece is like this with pink. When she wears pink she says she is a
princess. I think that the color pink, for her, is the same as a Princess.

The Barbie computers are great! We got our niece one for her birthday last
month. the B-Bright to be exact.

But now we are considering getting her the other one for her age group (4).
After shopping around, I found that there are either 3 or 4 different ones
for 3-5 year olds. All were found at different stores. I think that Target
had 2 of them, but nowhere else I looked had more than 1 for each age group.

Old December 16th 03, 07:22 PM
Clisby

Kari wrote:
Just curious what the big name gifts are this year - for the kids, yourself,
etc..

My husband and I keep promising we'll buy each other a new Jenn-Air gas
cooktop, but something else always comes up.

The kids' big present this year is an aquarium - we'll go pick out the
fish after Christmas.

Clisby