Travel System "Accessories"

Old August 29th 04, 08:10 PM
Lorenzo

Default Travel System "Accessories"

Hello,

We have decided on buying Mamas and Papas "ultima" 3 in 1 travel system but
now have a list of accessories which we are not entirely sure we need to get
just now! Can anyone help with this list, -

Mattress for carrycot section (extra padding needed if baby sleeps there?
We have moses basket but it might sleep in carrycot if out visiting.)

Rain cover (we guess this is needed, although there are two types, a
"coverall" and a PVC cover, at very different prices)

Foot muff (we don't know much about this or whether it is needed)

Canopy (for sun, but does this have to be bought to "go with" the system?)

Matching bag (for all the stuff, but we think that we should shop around for
this later)

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old August 29th 04, 10:08 PM
Iuil

"Lorenzo" wrote
Hello,

We have decided on buying Mamas and Papas "ultima" 3 in 1 travel system

but
now have a list of accessories which we are not entirely sure we need to

get
just now! Can anyone help with this list, -

I have the same system so hopefully I can help.

Mattress for carrycot section (extra padding needed if baby sleeps there?
We have moses basket but it might sleep in carrycot if out visiting.)

I got this - while the carrycot has some padding it's not really enough for
anything other than a short stroll. Plus the carrycot is bigger than a
moses basket so you might find that the baby sleeps there after the basket
is outgrown.

Rain cover (we guess this is needed, although there are two types, a
"coverall" and a PVC cover, at very different prices)

I didn't bother with a raincover for the pram but I did get the PVC cover
for the carseat. I figured if it was raining, I wasn't going to go on long
walks but I probably would be running in and out of shops etc with the
carseat.

Foot muff (we don't know much about this or whether it is needed)

I bought this the second winter when DD was around 16 months old because we
were more likely to be out in colder weather. You don't *need* it, you can
use blankets instead, but this acts more like a sleeping bag and isn't
likely to be kicked off.

Canopy (for sun, but does this have to be bought to "go with" the system?)

Didn't bother - we used the hood as a sunshade. You can buy a pretty
generic parasol if you really want it.

Matching bag (for all the stuff, but we think that we should shop around

for
this later)

Again, didn't bother. We bought a M&P rucksack in a similar colour, which
we still use.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hope I did help.

Jean

Old August 29th 04, 10:23 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 19:10:31 GMT, "Lorenzo"
wrote:
Mattress for carrycot section (extra padding needed if baby sleeps there?
We have moses basket but it might sleep in carrycot if out visiting.)

Worth noting that unless you have a M&P moses basket, the carry cot
won't fit on the frame for teh moses basket. I have no moses basket
but bought the M&P frame for it (about 20 quid).

Bought very few of the other accessories and although mine never got
used so it will be brand new for this baby as well, the fabric is now
long since deleted!

Megan
--
Seoras David Montgomery, 7th May 2003, 17 hours. http://seoras.farr-montgomery.com
EDD 11th March 2005
Old August 30th 04, 05:38 PM
Lorenzo

Thank you very much for the replies. They were a real help.

We are going to leave the "accessories" until later and look at comparable
things in the shop before buying anything.

I have ordered the main bits today as time is getting on ....

And I am pleased that the carry cot might fit the moses basket stand as it
is a M & P too.

Thanks again.

Old August 30th 04, 10:18 PM
Buzzy Bee

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:38:02 GMT, "Lorenzo"
wrote:

And I am pleased that the carry cot might fit the moses basket stand as it
is a M & P too.

AFAIK its the same one. However Mothercare etc moses baskets are
smaller.

Megan