FBI 2003 Crime Report now available

Old October 25th 04, 09:35 PM
kane

Default FBI 2003 Crime Report now available

Some good news, some bad news. Mostly bad for children.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_03/pdf/03sec5.pdf

A few choice exerpts:

"
Child Abuse
Men are more likely to be the offenders in cases of physical and
sexual abuse against children. Approximately 10 percent of all
injuries to children under 7 years of age who are examined in
emergency rooms come from abuse
"

"
More than 50 percent of murder
victims under the age of 12 are killed
by a parent. About 3.3 million children
each year witness acts of violence by
family members against their mothers or
female caretakers. The APA estimates
that 16 to 34 percent of girls and 10 to
20 percent of boys are sexually abused,
most often by a family member or trusted
family friend. The APA has for a
long time indicated that children who
experience violence are at greater risk of
becoming adult abusers. The Association
terms this the "cycle of violence."2
"

Gee. Doug, remember your claim of about 10%? I told you that it was
being underreported.

I wonder how many other proclamations of yours, as we see more of
these days, are going to become disproven, just by sitting and waiting
for the numbers to correct.

I also wonder what reearchers are doing, besides laboring under their
heavy biases, to make things come out as you have claimed...and be so
wrong, as I have claimed.

Doing intelligence work, gathering data, making statistically
disciplined estimates was my duty in the USAF. The discipline hasn't
changed. My courses at the War College are still valid methodology.

When I said the figures for sexual abuse were off two years ago, I
wasn't speaking off the top of my head, Doug.

I've questioned, listened to the answers, and analyzed the result. And
I accept the answer, like it or not....rather than keeping fishing and
cherry picking to satisfy my biases as folks in the ng do.

Calling one's self a reseacher, and producing objective fact based
outcomes can be miles apart, and often are in this ng.

For instance, one of the saddest of facts, often denied here are
these:

"Children at risk for being abused include those who are unwanted, who
have physical or mental disabilities, and whose parents are under
stress (e.g., parents with more than four children, those who make
less than $15,000 annually, those who abuse drugs, or young mothers
who are isolated from others outside the family.)21

The U.S. Advisory Board on Child Abuse and Neglect reports that there
are particular characteristics that are associated with child abusers.
Usually, the offenders are in their mid-20s, do not have high school
educations, live at or below the poverty level, suffer from
depression, and may have difficulty coping with stressful situations.
"

Claiming that CPS deliberately targets these families, because the
numbers of clients are higher with the above characteristics is about
as foul and morally objectionable as anything done in this newsgroup.

As I have claimed, such **** thinking, if believed, leads to policy
and planning failures that cost lives...children's lives.

Poverty, ignorance, mental illness, and poor social skills are
available for rehabilitation or education. To deny that and simply
charge people with crimnal offenses is not acceptable. Nor is turning
away from this population and pretending they don't have a higher
abuse rate than those not so afflicted.

I have little patience with this kind of viocious dangerous nonsense
thinking, and assign it to propagandists, and self appointed little
fruitcakes that can't control themselves for whatever reason.

Where does child abuse stand in comparison to other crimes?

"
Table 5.6 shows violent offenses
by the type of abuse being studied.
There were 873,732 offenses; 53 percent
were spousal abuse; 719,752, or 44 percent,
were child abuse; and 47,695, or
3 percent, were elder abuse.

In the case of child abuse, simple
assault was the most prevalent offense,
followed by the sum of the sexual assaults,
then aggravated assault, and intimidation.
"

Child abuse is 44% of all violent crimes, Doug.

Pretending that chld abuse in the US is less than a horrendous
problem, and that CPS overreaches as a rule, is an unconscionable lie.

I presume these figures are just those incidences that are criminally
prosecuted. Imagine what isn't being caught, or better, what IS being
caught at the risk level and stopped before it adds to this total of
719,751 per year.

Yah'll love this table...it makes my claim look unimportant and even
not accurate...but then, it's only charting up to 2001...wait until
the numbers for 03, and 04 start comign into this table:
"
Table 5.9
Number of Family Violence Incidents Involving Substance Abuse,
1996-2001
"

Alcohol was involved in more than 99% and drugs less than 1%. Makes
one wish parents would take more drugs instead of drinking...if it's
going to come down to the lessor of two evils...however, I wonder if
they broke out the crossovers...those alcohol related cases where
there was also drugs involved.

That's a very common scenario these days...along with dual diagnosis
of mental illness and substance abuse.

So there you have it folks. Crime overall is down, but violent crime
has tic'd up a bit. And 44% of ALL violent crime is against children.

Not my best day, finding this. [:-

Kane
Old October 26th 04, 01:48 AM
Doug

kane writes:

Child abuse is 44% of all violent crimes, Doug.

Hi, Kane!

You have to know there is something really wrong with that figure. No, of
course child abuse does NOT equal 44% of all violent crimes for five years,
Kane.

Unless, of course, you consider ALL violent crime to be limited to spousal
abuse, child abuse and elder abuse.

[...]

2002 and 2003 will see a drop in some drugs. Meth use nationwide among the
young has been decreasing. Cocaine and even marijuana use is down. Alcohol
has always been the major contributor in child protection cases.

That's a very common scenario these days...along with dual diagnosis
of mental illness and substance abuse.

So there you have it folks. Crime overall is down, but violent crime
has tic'd up a bit. And 44% of ALL violent crime is against children.

Nope. 44% of all family violence cases involve violence against children.
Child abuse is not anywhere near 44% of all violent crime.

Thanks for posting the numbers, Kane.

Doug

Old October 26th 04, 04:22 AM
Tippy

Take care with FBI statistics-- they may not necessarily be relied upon
unless you show the methodology. For example, FBI stats on homicide case
closures are calculated using the number of cases closed during the year but
include cases opened at any time including 10 years ago if they are still
open. But the base is the number of cases opened in the current year. The
percentage that results could be misleading. The figures are more to show
trends.

A truer picture for the lay population would be to report homicide closures
against the base year in which the specific case was opened. But, it
probably would be too cumbersome.

I am unfamiliar with the reporting methodology the FBI uses on other stats,
but if the FBI uses similar methods, the percentages may need to be
interpreted differently.

Tippy

--
Tippy
om...

Old October 26th 04, 07:50 AM
kane

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:48:18 -0400, "Doug" wrote:

kane writes:

Child abuse is 44% of all violent crimes, Doug.

Hi, Kane!

You have to know there is something really wrong with that figure.

No, of
course child abuse does NOT equal 44% of all violent crimes for five

years,

No, you just have to read it in context. But then you gutted the
entire post except for a single point. What happened to the other
infomration, ALL of which pointed to familial abuse and violence
issues? Couldn't deal with it? Afraid to admit it because it does NOT
support so many of the witless claims so many of you make in this ng?

Anyone that bothers to actually look at the report knows the title is

"VIOLENCE AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS AND INTIMATE PARTNERS"

Kane.

Unless, of course, you consider ALL violent crime to be limited to

spousal
abuse, child abuse and elder abuse.

Interesting that you make this appear as though I said it? YOU said
this. And no, I don't consider all violent crime to be so limited. My
ALL refers, as any that bothers to read the report, to plainly be
about

"VIOLENCE AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS AND INTIMATE PARTNERS"

The title, Doug.

This is the best you could do in the face of all this material that
makes plain arguments that child abuse is NOT a serious problem are
bogus?

Table 5.6 shows violent offenses
by the type of abuse being studied.
There were 873,732 offenses; 53 percent
were spousal abuse; 719,752, or 44 percent,
were child abuse; and 47,695, or
3 percent, were elder abuse

That's a direct quote, and I'm curious how my quote marks disappeared.

This is what I actually posted, in pure unadulterated block copy and
paste, Doug. What did YOU do with my quotes?

"
[...]

R R R R.....utter nonsense.

Cocaine and even marijuana use is down. Alcohol
has always been the major contributor in child protection cases.

A report out of Texas looking at drug use nationwide, dated 2004.

http://www.utexas.edu/research/cswr/...g-2004-web.pdf

"
Methamphetamine
Methamphetamine has different forms and different
names. "Speed" is often powdered and ranges in color
from white to yellow, orange, brown, or pink. It is
usually of relatively low purity. "Pills" can be pharmaceutical
grade amphetamines such as Adderall, Ritalin,
or Phenteramine, or the pills can be methamphetamine
powder that has been pressed into tablets that are sold
as amphetamines or ecstasy. "Ice," also known as
"shard," "shabu," "tweak," "crystal," or "crystal meth,"
is methamphetamine that has been "washed" in a
solvent such as denatured alcohol to remove impurities.
Evaporation of the solvent yields crystals that resemble
glass shards or ice shavings. It is usually smoked and has
longer-lasting physical effects and purity levels above
80%, although low quality methamphetamine may also
be marketed as Ice.

During the June and December, 2003 meetings, CEWG
members reported that in Hawaii, use of Ice was
increasing. There were more deaths due to methamphetamines
than due to alcohol in 2002. The suicide
rate involving methamphetamine was high, and treatment
admissions were increasing. In San Diego, methamphetamine use was
increasing, with most of the
drug coming from Mexico. Ice was also prevalent in San
Diego. In Los Angeles, the numbers of methamphetamine
treatment admissions and arrestees testing
positive for methamphetamine were increasing, purity
was stable, and price was increasing. In San Francisco,
emergency room mentions and treatment admissions
were increasing. Use was widespread, with increased
dealing and usage, especially among "Fast Lane" gay
and bisexual males. In Seattle, treatment admissions
were level and emergency room admissions were down
from earlier years. While the number of laboratories
seized in Washington State was down, there were still
many small "Mom and Pop" operations.

In Phoenix, Ice was a problem and the quality was high,
with most of the drug coming from "Superlabs" in
California or Mexico. The price was up due to the
demand for Ice. In Colorado, methamphetamine was
the "big story," with indicators such as poison control
center calls, overdose deaths, and hospital discharges
increasing. It was a major problem in the rural areas.
The proportions of Hispanic treatment admissions and
admissions over age 35 were increasing and crack
cocaine users were reported to be switching to methamphetamine.
Most new users were smoking, rather than
injecting the drug. In Texas, treatment admissions had
increased, overdose deaths were up, and seizures were
increasing. Methamphetamine and amphetamines were
greater problems in the northern half of the state,
"

Gee. isn't it swell that cocaine use is down....except of course when
it's simply being replaced with something more devastating we can't
get to giddy with joy, now can we.

That's a very common scenario these days...along with dual

diagnosis
of mental illness and substance abuse.

So there you have it folks. Crime overall is down, but violent

crime
has tic'd up a bit. And 44% of ALL violent crime is against

children.

Nope. 44% of all family violence cases involve violence against

children.
Child abuse is not anywhere near 44% of all violent crime.

Yes, I know. What was the title of the report again?

"VIOLENCE AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS AND INTIMATE PARTNERS"

You just comb my posts for a few things you can hang your hat on, IF
you take them out of context.

Your creative snipping, and odd use of my name over a sentence YOU
posted, is kind of cute. I love it when you do that. It's so obvious.

Thanks for posting the numbers, Kane.

You are welcome. Thanks for refusing to admit you are full of ****,
according to the numbers, Doug.

You claimed drug use was down. Which drug use, cocaine? Which is UP?
Meth, and more potent forms of meth, and meth mixed with other drugs.

Gee, I wonder why you made not mention, after many posts just last
year, I think it was, claiming I was wrong about the incidence of
sexual abuse. That it was only 10%.....I SAID it was reported as 10,
but I had reasons to believe and know it was higher.

Now we find that for the past few years, yet, it WAS higher. And you
snipped that. tsk Doug. tsk.

Let's' look some more at your claim of a reduction in meth use by
"youth."

In Minneapolis and St. Paul, methamphetamine
use was increasing, especially in the
rural areas. In Missouri, methamphetamine
was the primary illicit drug of abuse in rural
areas, and treatment admissions were increasing.
Use was increasing among African
American users in Kansas City.
In Michigan, laboratory seizures were
increasing, smoking was the primary
route of administration, and treatment
admissions were increasing for both
methamphetamines and prescription
amphetamines. In Chicago, use had remained
low but was more prevalent in the
downstate rural counties. "Tweak," which
has a crystal-like appearance, was seen in
Chicago clubs and it was more commonly
smoked than injected.
In Atlanta, methamphetamine use was up,
with more local laboratories seized. Mexican
methamphetamine was also available.
Use among African Americans was increasing, as well as
use among teenagers. Among rural users, some 60%
were female and smoking was the most popular route
of administration. Ice and "Shards" were the choices.
In Miami, "Tina" was popular in the gay bathhouse
scene, and methamphetamine abuse was described an
emerging drug epidemic. In New York City, there had
been a slight increase in availability of methamphetamine,
and some crystal meth was being sold. Recent
seizures of laboratories in rural areas in New York
indicated the continuing spread of methamphetamine
eastward. And in Boston, methamphetamine use was
emerging in the club drug scene.
Methamphetamine has been among the top three or
four drugs identified by NFLIS each year (Exhibit 1),
and the proportion has risen from 3.6% in 1997 to
11.8% in the first half of 2003 (Exhibit 2). NFLIS
shows the dominance of methamphetamine in the
West. In the Western region, 36.6% of the items were
methamphetamine, as compared to 7.8% in the Midwest,
6.7% in the South, and 0.2% in the Northeast. In
addition, of the drug combinations tested in the first
half of 2003, methamphetamine was present in about
18%. Cannabis, amphetamine, and cocaine were the
most common substances identified in combination
with methamphetamine. Other drugs of abuse found
in combination with methamphetamine included
ecstasy, heroin, and ketamine. Pseudoephedrine,
dimethylsulfone, and red phosphorus were found in
other samples, which reflected the impurities resulting
from clandestine manufacturing processes.

The MTF survey showed that past year use of methamphetamine
peaked in 1999.

[[[[[now pay attention Doug, to the one age range that actually
experienced a drop in their belief about meth use...just their
belief...only ONE year }}}}}}}

The MTF also queried
twelfth graders, college students, and young adults
about their past year use of Ice, and use increased
through 2002, but the decrease for twelfth graders
between 2002 and 2003 was statistically
significant (Exhibit 3). Among twelfth
graders, the percentage who thought it
harmful to try crystal meth or Ice once
or twice dropped from an all-time high
of 54% in 2002 to 51% in 2003, and
perceived availability of crystal meth
dropped from a high of 28% in 2001
and 2002 to 26% in 2003.
The NSDUH survey in 2002 reported that 5.3% of the
U.S. population ages 12 and over had ever used methamphetamine,
0.7% had used in the past year, and 0.3%
had used in the past month. Some 0.9% of those ages
12–17 had used methamphetamine in the past year, as
compared to 1.7% of those 18–25 and 0.4% of those
26 or older. Incidence of methamphetamine use had
remained fairly level since the early 1980s but increased
to a high of 454,000 new users in 1998. Since then,
there have been no statistically significant changes.
There were an estimated 326,000 new methamphetamine
users in 2001 (Exhibit 5)."

So, given this "drop" you claim, would you then say it's much less of
a problem for youth?

Would you say in the use by parents it's less of a problem?

Why did you just focus on "youth" Doug and stop and think about how
many of those could well be minor girls, pregnant and giving birth.

The lengths you and your little coterie of fools here will go to to
minimize the size and serious nature of the problems that CPS faces in
protecting children is beyond belief.

You should be ashamed of yourself, but it's pretty obvious by now
appeals to your conscience go unanswered. At least when I'm the
author.

Doug

Post some more of this hogwash you claim.

In closing, let's take a look at your somewhat casual dismissal of
meth, and drug use in general...with your bogus claim of reduction:

"
Conclusions
Although club drugs
have attracted significant
national attention, other
than methamphetamine,
they comprise a very
small portion of the
drug abuse problem in the U.S. based on DAWN,
NFLIS, and the MTF and NSDUH surveys.

Use of methamphetamine continues to increase,

[[[[[ Maybe you can provide me with YOUR sources that say it's
decreasing so that I can alert the researchers their numbers and
estimates and claims are wrong. I'll be happy to do so....naming YOU
as the source. I might just send your post anyway, yah dimbulb twit.
]]]]]]

while
use of LSD, Rohypnol, ketamine, GHB, and ecstasy
appears to be decreasing. While the recent decrease in
ecstasy in MTF was significant, decreases in the use of
ketamine and GHB are less pronounced and prevention
efforts should continue to focus on perceptions of risk,
peer disapproval, and availability to ensure that all these
decreases are not temporary.

Users of each of the club drugs tend to be very different
in terms of sociodemographic characteristics,
patterns of multiple drug use, and reasons for use
(psychic effects v. dependence). Prevention and
treatment efforts should be tailored to these specific
differences.

The levels of concomitant use of cocaine by users of
ecstasy, GHB, ketamine, LSD, methamphetamine, and
Rohypnol, and the levels of use of heroin by ketamine
and LSD users are of concern in terms of dependence
and treatment need.

The different reasons reported for use of each of these
drugs indicate a need to tailor treatment readiness
techniques as appropriate.

Overdose was the first or second reason given as to why
individuals sought care in the emergency department,
which shows the need for specialized protocols to treat
each of these different drugs in the acute care setting.
The mentions of suicide as a motive for using club
drugs may reflect the psychological effects of some of
these drugs. They also reflect the mental health problems
of some users and the need to provide treatment
for co-occurring substance abuse and mental health
conditions.
"

Yah have to wonder, with a cornucopia of drugs like this, and the
party atmosphere what fetus might be getting treated to. And we have
to guess at the long term consequences. Maybe this is just another way
nature is evolving us, Doug. Through drug cocktails taken by mothers
to be, who are impregnated by sperm that themselves get bathed in this
wonderous chemical conglomerate.

http://www.preventchildabuse.com/abuse.htm
"Is there any evidence linking alcohol or other drug use to child
maltreatment?
A study by the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse found
that children of substance-abusing parents were almost three times
likelier to be abused and more than four times likelier to be
neglected than children of parents who are not substance abusers.
Other studies suggest that an estimated 50 percent to 80 percent of
all child abuse cases substantiated by CPS involve some degree of
substance abuse by the child's parents."

http://www.menweb.org/throop/abuse/s.../child-ma.html
"
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND CHILD ABUSE
The link between substance abuse and child abuse has strengthened over
the years. It is estimated that 9 to 10 million children under the age
of 18 are directly affected by substance-abusing parents (Woodside,
1988). In 1994, eleven states had an average of 35% of their
substantiated cases involve substance abuse, with the percentage
ranging from 4% to 65% (Wiese & Daro, 1995).
The national incidence for fetal alcohol syndrome is 1.9 per 1000 live
births. Each year, at least 1 in 10 or 375,000 babies born in the
United States have been exposed to illegal drugs taken by their mother
during pregnancy (Ogintz, 1988). The effects of having been exposed to
either illegal drugs or alcohol prenatally include low-birth weight,
small head size, long-term medical complications, and increased
incidence of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). In addition, exposed
infants tend to be irritable, lethargic, and difficult to console
which interferes with parent-child bonding and increases the
likelihood of abuse or neglect.
"

Have a really nice day, Doug.

Kane
Old October 26th 04, 11:57 PM
kane

"Doug" wrote in message ...
kane writes:

..............snipping previously responded to material..........

Alcohol was involved in more than 99% and drugs less than 1%. Makes
one wish parents would take more drugs instead of drinking...if it's
going to come down to the lessor of two evils...however, I wonder if
they broke out the crossovers...those alcohol related cases where
there was also drugs involved.

2002 and 2003 will see a drop in some drugs.

With an increase in others. Are you minimizing AGAIN?

The point is, this is not going away. The problem isn't, which drug,
it's just drugs or alcohol. CPS isn't able to meet this crises now,
and it surely won't be able to in the future. Attempts to minimize
don't make the problem fade away.

Meth use nationwide among the
young has been decreasing.

Not according to many sources. I posted source that disagrees with you
just yesterday. I'd like to see your source, if you don't mind. And by
the way, what has "youth" got to do with it? They are only part of the
issue.

Cocaine and even marijuana use is down. Alcohol
has always been the major contributor in child protection cases.

Uhh...Douggie, you see the alcohol problem decreasing, by any chance,
or do you expect it to, or are we supposed to not notice your attempt
to minimize?

"Youth" is just a part of the problem. I consider those not taking
drugs or alcohol deliberately themselves the victims as well. How
about you?

We are so tickled to hear meth use is down among "youth." I guess this
is just a local fluke..or are these victims too young to be "youth?"

http://katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=71925

October 26, 2004
Longview home target of meth investigation

By Dan Tilkin and KATU Web Staff
Longview, Wash. - In an area where as many as one in five babies is
born with methamphetamine in its system, Longview police say they have
busted a top drug dealer.

http://www.dpna.org/events/momstell/momssept19.htm

It's quite a race...a race to see which drug pulls out front in the
youth use contest.

Doug, the point is this: CPS has a growing, and often hidden by the
media, caseload of drug effected and or addicted children coming into
care, or family services. Ideas that CPS needs cutting back, that they
have adequate resources now, and that police "investigations" are
going to make any appreciable change are nonsense.

Old October 27th 04, 04:56 AM
Rocky MoRahn

"kane" wrote in message
om...

And by
the way, what has "youth" got to do with it? They are only part of the
issue.

Oh well, that just shot "It's about the Children" all to Hell now didn't it?
Rocky

Old October 28th 04, 12:51 AM
Ron

om...

kane writes:

Child abuse is 44% of all violent crimes, Doug.

Hi, Kane!

You have to know there is something really wrong with that figure.

No, of
course child abuse does NOT equal 44% of all violent crimes for five

years,

No, you just have to read it in context. But then you gutted the
entire post except for a single point. What happened to the other
infomration, ALL of which pointed to familial abuse and violence
issues? Couldn't deal with it? Afraid to admit it because it does NOT
support so many of the witless claims so many of you make in this ng?

Anyone that bothers to actually look at the report knows the title is

"VIOLENCE AMONG FAMILY MEMBERS AND INTIMATE PARTNERS"

The problem is that this is a normal tactic for Doug and that crew. The
point is that they have no wish to take things in context, only to try and
prove that anything someone that supports the system says is an error or
inaccurate in some way. Its a deplorable tactic, something worthy only of a
politician.

That Doug once again has chosen to use this reprehensible method of debate
is not surprising, only sad. Reminiscent of some of the active posters of
the past, here and in the foster parenting news group. You know of whom I
speak, the "bomb throwers" of the intentionally ignorant crowd. The core
members of the group I like to call the "Anti-CPS Mob". Some of whom still
post here, Doug included.

Ron

Old October 29th 04, 01:08 AM
Doug

Kane writes:
.............snipping previously responded to material..........

....That would be your false claim that child abuse represents 44% of all
violent crime.

I didn't see a response. You agree then, that your statement was false?

2002 and 2003 will see a drop in some drugs.

With an increase in others. Are you minimizing AGAIN?

Never did minimize.

The point is, this is not going away. The problem isn't, which drug,
it's just drugs or alcohol. CPS isn't able to meet this crises now,
and it surely won't be able to in the future. Attempts to minimize
don't make the problem fade away.

Yes, drug use -- especially alcohol -- is a big problem across the nation.
It impacts society on many levels. It will not go away. But use of
methampetamine, marijuana and other drugs are decreasing among our younger
citizens, which is a good sign for the future.

Meth use nationwide among the
young has been decreasing.

Not according to many sources. I posted source that disagrees with you
just yesterday. I'd like to see your source, if you don't mind. And by
the way, what has "youth" got to do with it? They are only part of the
issue.

A number of sources track use of drugs by youth. All show a decrease.
Among the sources from were the National Forensic Laboratory Information
System (NFLIS), which reported that the percentage of high school seniors
who ever used methampetamine decreased from 8.2% in 1999 to 6.2% in 2003.
The Drug Abuse Warning Network (DAWN) monitors emergency room admissions in
relationship to drug use, shows a decrease in deaths among younger users.
BTW, fatalities of all ages of meth users in 2001 were highest in San Diego
(94), Dallas (37), San Francisco (32), Denver (19), and San Antonio (18).
While not an appreciable increase over past years, percentage of treatment
center intakes for methamphetamine were still highest in Honolulu, San
Diego, Los Angeles, Denver and Seattle with 14.7%. Data from the the
Arrestee Drug Abuse Monitoring (ADAM) showed highest percentages of male
arrestees with meth in their systems in 2002 were Honolulu with 44.8%,
Phoenix with 31.2% and San Diego with 31.7%. Meth users represented a
higher percentage among female arrestees in the same cities in 2002. The
Community Epidermiology Work Group (CDWG) reported decreases in use of
methamphetamine among the young -- a steady decrease from 1998 through 1999,
2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. This network of reseachers is the one that
reports to the feds (National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), which has been
joyfully publishing the findings on decrease of meth among teens.

Cocaine and even marijuana use is down. Alcohol
has always been the major contributor in child protection cases.

Uhh...Douggie, you see the alcohol problem decreasing, by any chance,
or do you expect it to, or are we supposed to not notice your attempt
to minimize?

As in the past, no attempt is being made to minimize. Attempts to correct
false blown up numbers (like your claim that 44% of all violent crime was
child abuse) is not minimizing.

Alcohol use and dependence has remained relatively constant and still
represents the majority of admissions to treatment, followed by marijuana
uses.

Have a great day!

Doug

Old October 29th 04, 01:36 AM
Greg Hanson

Why is this APA crap in this FBI crime report??
Just the FACTS, ma'am, as the APA tell them??
The APA has it's own stench, bias and self interest
at stake here.

The US General Accounting Office printed a report
that disproved this BS notion of a
"Cycle of Violence"....

But the geeks in the APA must not know it since
the same industry crap is printed in almost
every textbook for Social Work or Psychology,
and the lie is perpetuated.

Where it gets really stinky is when it
creaps back into a FEDERAL AGENCY like the FBI
despite a high level responsible FEDERAL AGENCY
finding that the notion is a crock.

Why are these boneheads at FBI going against
the GAO and siding with the couch trippers
in the APA, laughably self serving and pedantic.

QUOTED below

Old October 29th 04, 04:42 AM
Tippy

Tippy
alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.parenti
ng.spanking,misc.kids
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2004 8:36 PM
Subject: FBI 2003 Crime Report now available

Why is this APA crap in this FBI crime report??
Just the FACTS, ma'am, as the APA tell them??
The APA has it's own stench, bias and self interest
at stake here.

The US General Accounting Office printed a report
that disproved this BS notion of a
"Cycle of Violence"....

What report is that, I'm curious?

//snipped//

Where it gets really stinky is when it
creaps back into a FEDERAL AGENCY like the FBI
despite a high level responsible FEDERAL AGENCY
finding that the notion is a crock.

Why are these boneheads at FBI going against
the GAO and siding with the couch trippers
in the APA, laughably self serving and pedantic.

The General ***Accountability*** Office (the name has changed) is part of
the Legislative Branch and the separation of powers prevents it from forcing
Executive Branch agencies to do what GAO recommends.

//snipped///

Kids should work... Doan Spanking 33 December 10th 03 08:05 PM
MKP Due Date Calendar - 9/29/03 DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 2 September 30th 03 05:59 PM
MKP Due Date Calendar - 9/22/03 DeliciousTruffles Pregnancy 0 September 22nd 03 05:20 PM
MKP Due Date Calendar - 9/8/03 Truffles Pregnancy 0 September 8th 03 09:08 PM
Due Date Calendar - 8/11/03 Truffles Pregnancy 4 August 16th 03 12:57 AM