Dr. Phil

Old December 6th 03, 10:20 PM
Joelle

Default Dr. Phil

I think young babies need mama's in a way that men can't fulfill.

Cobblers!

Yea well I knew I was going to **** some people off by saying that. I just
know what I know. Paul doesn't believe in anedoctal evidence, but mine
convinces me, yours convinces you. I know that I decided my babies needed me.
It wasn't that they didn't need their daddy, but daddy alone was not enough for
them. Not saying that mama alone would have been enough. I know that it is
important for single parents to be assured that they can do it all, and I'm
sure that most do fine and kids are resiliant and survive. But nothing and
nobody will ever convince me that one is as good as two.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old December 6th 03, 10:29 PM
Betsy

"Dennis Here" youreply
wrote in message ...

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

This may surprise you but some men know darn
well that if they shrink a few sweaters or put something dark in the
white wash a few times, that will be the last time they are ever asked
to do laundry in the house.

And plenty of women know how to stand beside a flat tyred car looking
helpless and letting a gallant male do the job when they are quite capable
of changing the wheel themselves.

Dennis

Not me!!! In fact...when my father came to 'help' me one night...he stopped
because he dropped things out of his shirt pocket. I took over jacking up
the car, and had the tire off and the spare on as fast as he could do it. I
always check out the location of the jack and the spare tire, when I get a
new vehicle; or when I rent one. I do have AAA roadside assistance, but
they are good for only 3 free visits, so it's always best to know how to
change a flat tire.

Betsy

Old December 6th 03, 10:37 PM
Betsy

Default Dr. Phil (going off topic with story of supper the other night...)

"Andrew" wrote in message

"kat" wrote in message

"Andrew" wrote in message ...

I have to say though that the roles still play a 'role' in my life. I

have
tendency to define myself as a man by my ability to look after my

family,
and in this context look after generally means financial and
confrontational. I need to be able to provide enough money to keep my

family
well, if anyone hassles any of my immediate circle then it is my role

confront the 'hassler' and take some remedial action. This may only

mean
taking the little brat to its mother and telling the mother that an

apology
to my child might be in order in addition to some proper discipline at

home

AHH HAHAHAHA!
Reminds me:
The other day, we went out for dinner to that Chuck E Cheese place...

Brand
new one opened up here a few months ago, and I haven't been to that

place
for probably well over 10 years... (I loved Bullwinkles, which also shut
down years ago, but Chuck E Cheese was a place we went to very seldom)
Anyways, we got there, ate disgusting food, then played the games. B

was
happy to play in the tunnels that ran up on the ceiling, and as I was

off
acting 12, playing the games, trying and trying to get as many tickets

as
possible, my mom was in that play area with B. I came back to reality

and
my mom standing there, and she was laughing to herself. At first, I

thought
she'd gone insane. Then she told me that the girl standing behind us a

bit
came crying out of the tunnels and slide and ran to her mom to cry about
Bran in the tunnels trying to scare her. Ok, I figured this girl was

about
5, and then the mom came over and said to my mom, "the little boy you

are
with - my daughter came out and told me he was trying to scare her." I
looked at this woman. My mom said, that's your daughter over there? My
grandson is only 2 years old! (3 in a couple months, anyways, but still
only 2 :Þ lol) and the woman looked shocked, and was like, "He's only 2?
Oh, I thought he was way older and crawling around in the tunnels

scaring
all the kids! She just couldn't get over it that he was not even 3 and

her
daughter came out crying over that. She then said that it was her
daughter's 6th birthday and she was having her party here. It was just

so
damn funny... We couldn't stop laughing. The headlines for Chuck E

Cheese:
Girl, 6, terrified and tormented by almost 3 year old boy in tunnels!
Haha sorry, totally off topic, but what you said just reminded me of

that
woman from the other night.

Several thoughts:

OMG. you mean Chuck E Cheese is a real thing???!!? I thought it was just a
facetious name in a novel I've been reading recently. That's scary. Don't
know what else you guys are up to that side of the water but stop it now!

sincerely hope 'Chuck E Cheese' is not a black tie establishment.

"Kat (slap face, slap face, slap face, throw water on head) get a grip

girl!
It's OK. We're here for you. Stick with the program. We kicked off with Dr
Phil remember? Breath deep and try to focus" (the drugs do work!) LOL. O
dear, lost the plot entirely. :-)

How come everyone elses smileys look better than mine? Is it real or just

self esteem thing?

Why am I still seeing this stuff about top posting below? Is there some

kind
of message here? See if I peel your potatoes!!!

It's just kats sig. line now. I like it. Sassy. I need to get mine back
on here.
Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunch and good with
ketchup.

snip

Old December 7th 03, 12:09 AM
Joelle

I do have AAA roadside assistance, but
they are good for only 3 free visits, so it's always best to know how to
change a flat tire.

If I had more than 3 flat tires in a year, I'd start to wonder about my tires
or where I've been driving!

I did recently have a flat tire in the rain and while waiting was quite
impressed that about 5 people stopped and asked if I needed help. And no I was
not standing on the roadside in a mini-skirt.

Old December 7th 03, 01:12 AM
Tiffany

Joelle wrote in message
I do have AAA roadside assistance, but
they are good for only 3 free visits, so it's always best to know how to
change a flat tire.

If I had more than 3 flat tires in a year, I'd start to wonder about my

tires
or where I've been driving!

I did recently have a flat tire in the rain and while waiting was quite
impressed that about 5 people stopped and asked if I needed help. And no

I was
not standing on the roadside in a mini-skirt.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Come on... you know you were showing leg.

Old December 7th 03, 01:34 AM
Joelle

And no
I was
not standing on the roadside in a mini-skirt.

Come on... you know you were showing leg.

Actually I was in my bunny suit.

Old December 7th 03, 04:34 AM
Betsy

"Joelle" wrote in message
I do have AAA roadside assistance, but
they are good for only 3 free visits, so it's always best to know how to
change a flat tire.

If I had more than 3 flat tires in a year, I'd start to wonder about my

tires
or where I've been driving!

I did recently have a flat tire in the rain and while waiting was quite
impressed that about 5 people stopped and asked if I needed help. And no

I was
not standing on the roadside in a mini-skirt.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle

Well, the three visits aren't just for tires, it's for jump starts or
locking keys in car as well. :-)
Betsy

Old December 7th 03, 12:04 PM
Paul Griffiths

'Kate wrote in message ...
On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 18:37:28 -0500, "Tiffany"

snip

Maybe you should spank them like kids then. lol

I've never had to spank a child.

Ditto.

I have, on the other hand, been asked to spank.... ah, that's
another story altogether.

Also ditto.

Are you me and if so should I claim my $10?

--
Paul Griffiths

Old December 7th 03, 01:40 PM
Joelle

Well, the three visits aren't just for tires, it's for jump starts or
locking keys in car as well. :-)

Ah. I never really noticed if I had a limit,I don't have too many emergencies,
I've got jumper cables and I know lots of people who know how to break into a
locked car. Once my cat actually locked himself in the car. I also like AAA
for the travel books and maps.

Old December 7th 03, 07:41 PM
HanK

"kat"

Reminds me:
The other day, we went out for dinner to that Chuck E Cheese place...

Classy arn't you.