Family Court Order Diverts Plane

Old September 12th 03, 06:24 PM
Bob Whiteside

Default Family Court Order Diverts Plane

If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
and land to remove a child from the flight.

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/1...268522896.html

Old September 15th 03, 10:46 PM
Chris Owens

Bob Whiteside wrote:

If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
and land to remove a child from the flight.

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/1...268522896.html

How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
flight.

Chris Owens

Old September 16th 03, 05:07 PM

Chris Owens wrote:
: Bob Whiteside wrote:
:
: If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out. A
: Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be diverted
: and land to remove a child from the flight.
:
: http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/1...268522896.html

: How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
: being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
: flight.

My son's mother was detained at the airport in an attempt by her to remove
our child from the U.S. against a court custody order. The child was
taken from her (temporarily) and given to me, awaiting a court hearing to
remove take posession of the child's passport that she had obtained without
my knowledge. Recently, there was a new Federal Law enacted to require
permission by the noncustodial parent in order to obtain a passport for
a child.

b.

Old September 16th 03, 07:25 PM
Bob Whiteside

"Chris Owens" wrote in message
Bob Whiteside wrote:

If you thought Family Courts have too much power check this story out.

Family Court Order caused an airliner filled with passengers to be

diverted
and land to remove a child from the flight.

http://smh.com.au/articles/2003/09/1...268522896.html

How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
flight.

If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
feel any different?

Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Old September 16th 03, 08:35 PM
Chris Owens

Bob Whiteside wrote:

How is this too much power? I would hope to shout that a child
being illegally removed from a country would be cause to stop the
flight.

If you were one of the 370 plus passengers who had their flight diverted and
missed flight connections due to the 2 hour delay, or if you had to pay the
tens of thousands of dollars for the cost to divert the flight, would you
feel any different?

No; I've missed flight connections for FAR more trivial reasons
in my life . . . delays are part of travel, adults cope without
going ballistic. And, the gov't should recompense the airline
for the cost of diversion; they can then recover it from the
person who made the diversion necessary by putting the kid on the
plane.

Personally, I think a family court judge disrupting international
transportation and commerce is a gross over-stepping of their authority.

Then, you do not understand how the law WORKS in most countries.

Chris Owens

Old September 17th 03, 12:42 AM
Tracy

nk.net...

Bob Whiteside wrote:

[...]

Personally I would stand up and applaud the judge who diverted the flight.
Being a parent who has experienced the nightmare of having my own children
"disappear" - I can only sympathize with the parent who isn't committing the
illegal act of removing the child. It is the primary reason I can
sympathize, and understand, the horror many fathers experience when their
ex-wives deny contact to their own children.

Tracy
~~~~~~~
http://www.hornschuch.net/tracy/
"You can't solve problems with the same
type of thinking that created them."
Albert Einstein

*** spamguard in place! to email me: tracy at hornschuch dot net ***

Florida Fluoride Is For Faucets - Not People! Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 July 20th 04 07:46 PM
St. Louis Family Court Going More Public wexwimpy Foster Parents 1 January 28th 04 03:33 PM
A Plant's Motivation? Kane Spanking 44 October 16th 03 01:51 PM
Family Court Protest Poughkeepsie, NY 9-26 Fern5827 Single Parents 0 September 15th 03 12:50 PM
DCF CT monitor finds kids *worsen* while in state custody Kane General 8 August 13th 03 07:43 AM