bird dust & baby breathing probs

Old May 25th 07, 04:31 PM posted to misc.kids
federhead

Default bird dust & baby breathing probs

a relative told me that the dust parrot type birds shed can cause
breathing problems for my new baby(who is fine so far).is there any
truth to this?

is it a dust lung clogging problem or an allergy problem?in families
with this issue are there things you can buy (cage extractor fan?)
which can allow the feathered family member to continue living in the
home?

thanks

Old May 25th 07, 04:43 PM posted to misc.kids
Jeff

federhead wrote:
a relative told me that the dust parrot type birds shed can cause
breathing problems for my new baby(who is fine so far).is there any
truth to this?

Yeah, it can breathing problems. So can 1000 other things.

is it a dust lung clogging problem or an allergy problem?

Probably an allergy problem.

in families
with this issue are there things you can buy (cage extractor fan?)
which can allow the feathered family member to continue living in the
home?

Yeah. You can air filters and stuff.

Next time you take the baby to the doctor, ask her about these things.
Unless your baby is having problems breathing, there is nothing urgent
to do about this.

There are families that include all types of animals, like birds, cats,
dogs, hamsters, gerbils, rats (yes rats). And families have non-pet
exposure to rats, mice and all kinds of insects.

Don't worry. Talk to your doctor. And enjoy your bundle of joy.

And welcome to the group.

Jeff

thanks