Kate Violet is he))

Old September 19th 07, 02:14 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
poohdoo

Default Kate Violet is he))

hi all,

17 days have passed & finally i get a chance to post that our second
daughter - kate violet - arrived a little bit early (39wks4days) on 2
september - father's day!! for those of you who know us well would see the
precious coincidence that steve managed to get such a lovely gift after all
we have been through...

briefly - i was due to be inducd on the evening of father's day (sunday) for
a few reasons. while not thrilled, i was happy to bring the pregnancy to a
close and i was very sore & sorry carrying this bubby around. nevertheless,
i did all i could to get things moving and/or at least improve the
likelihood that the induction would not hit all the stumbling blocks. i had
two rounds of accupuncture, took evening primrose oil, massaged clary sage
on my belly and, god help me, had sex more than once in the final week! lol.

and it appeared to work, my waters broke on the saturday night at 10.30pm
(that was a shock!). arrived at hospital at 12.30pm for group B strep
antibiotics and was told i was 1cm dialated with a 2cm neck on my cervix ie.
npo action, no contractions etc...bummer. or so i thought. at 2am i had my
first serious contraction - i then proceeded to walk/march/storm around the
delivery suite through each subsequent contraction - never got on the bed
til i started pushing - on my hands and knees.

i was pushing by 3.30am and she was born at 4.15am. very blue and not very
happy because the cord was around her neck - this is why the OB ended up
using vacuum extraction to get her out - not that i cared at that point. i
did not even realise how distressed she had been until i saw the photos. her
apgars were 8 & 9, so not too bad. she weighed 3.75kg (8 pound 4oz) and was
52cm (21 inches) long! not the 4kg+ "macrosomia" baby predicted...it was all
fluid, a veritable flood. the midwife was mopping it up before our older
daughter arrived to meet her sister!

anyway - a very hard but short & effective labour and we have kate violet.
lots of dark hair - the complete opposite to rachel rose - who was very bald
& fair as a baby! she love the boobs and settles well. i am nowhere near as
shattered second time a round. its such a pleasure to have her

hope you all remember me, i've been a little absent during the
pregnancy...very busy with our first daughter & work etc. less questions so
less posting i guess! good luck to the remaining september mums.

thanks all,

fiona (poohdoo)
mummy to rachel rose (6.5) & kate violet (17days)--

Old September 19th 07, 02:22 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
NL

poohdoo schrieb:
hi all,

17 days have passed & finally i get a chance to post that our second
daughter - kate violet - arrived a little bit early (39wks4days) on 2
september - father's day!! for those of you who know us well would see the
precious coincidence that steve managed to get such a lovely gift after all
we have been through...

Congratulations! Hair seems to be the thing this month ;-)

cu
nicole
Old September 19th 07, 04:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"poohdoo" wrote in message
hi all,

17 days have passed & finally i get a chance to post that our second
daughter - kate violet - arrived a little bit early (39wks4days) on 2
september - father's day!! for those of you who know us well would see the
precious coincidence that steve managed to get such a lovely gift after
all
we have been through...

Congratulatons!
Debbie

Old September 19th 07, 05:58 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nan

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:14:26 GMT, "poohdoo"
wrote:

hope you all remember me, i've been a little absent during the
pregnancy...very busy with our first daughter & work etc. less questions so
less posting i guess! good luck to the remaining september mums.

thanks all,

fiona (poohdoo)
mummy to rachel rose (6.5) & kate violet (17days)--

I remember you :-)
Congratulations Fiona, and welcome to the world Kate violet!!

Nan
Old September 19th 07, 06:25 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leslie

On Sep 19, 9:14?am, "poohdoo" wrote:
[...]

Congratulations, Fiona. How wonderful that she arrived on Father's
Day.

Leslie

Old September 19th 07, 10:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Lucy-lu

"poohdoo" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations, and great timing!! Welcome baby Kate Violet x

Lucy x

Old September 20th 07, 03:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Bryna

On Sep 19, 9:14?am, "poohdoo" wrote:
hi all,

17 days have passed & finally i get a chance to post that our second
daughter - kate violet - arrived a little bit early (39wks4days) on 2
september - father's day!! for those of you who know us well would see the
precious coincidence that steve managed to get such a lovely gift after all
we have been through...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great labor (if a bit stressful toward
the end.) Your daughters both have such lovely names. Enjoy your new
little one!

Bryna
#4 edd 4/14/08

Old September 21st 07, 04:27 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Jeni Steers

Congratulations!!! Beautiful name.

Jeni

Old September 22nd 07, 03:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

On Sep 19, 6:14 am, "poohdoo" wrote:
hi all,

17 days have passed & finally i get a chance to post that our second
daughter - kate violet - arrived a little bit early (39wks4days) on 2
september - father's day!! for those of you who know us well would see the
precious coincidence that steve managed to get such a lovely gift after all
we have been through...

(story snipped)
fiona (poohdoo)
mummy to rachel rose (6.5) & kate violet (17days)--

Congratulations and welcome to Baby Kate (love the name btw). That's
fabulous about arriving on father's day.

Blessings,
Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James

Gentian Violet . . . ? Patagonia Breastfeeding 8 October 20th 05 03:39 PM
Sophia Violet makes her debut at last! Rebecca McGraw Pregnancy 18 December 16th 04 02:23 AM
gentian violet study & cancer? elizabeth emerald Breastfeeding 2 February 4th 04 02:40 PM
Hello - Kate Misty Single Parents 6 November 20th 03 10:39 PM
Hey kate Rolly The Pervert Single Parents 52 July 26th 03 05:03 PM