Hypothetically speaking and stuff

Old October 27th 04, 02:50 AM
Vijay

"Pip" wrote in message ...
"Unadulterated Me" wrote in message
Can I have some feedback on these names, any make your stomach turn, any
you adore that sort of thing....connotations to them, no need to feed
back on every name just the ones you have strong thoughts on. Trying to
come up with some sort of short list for contemplation, not having much
luck.

Adelaide, Arabella, Georgette, Freya, Fleur, Jemima, Lucinda, Lucianna,
Matilda, Poppy, Saffron, Tamasin (not Tamsin), Tansy, Willow

Hi.

I like Poppy. LOVE it. Sounds like the most adorable child. Pretty
flower too. It's not on your list, but I like Posy too. I would have
used it but wouldn't go with my surname (Owens). I love the name
Daisy, but my sister said it sounded like a southern floozy. Sigh.

If you're running into issues with Fleur, you can change it to
Fleurine. I know a Fleurine and she's a lovely blonde willowy jazz
singer.

:-)

-Vijay
SAHM to Charlotte Amelia (who was almost Violet because I love flower
names.)
Old October 27th 04, 02:59 AM
Unadulterated Me

Leslie wrote:

It is? it will go well with my boy choice then which is Oscar...sausages
and pancake syrup mmmmm

Oscar only has a connotation here of being a green furry grouch!

My husband in true form said if we have twins I should call them Oscar
and Emmy /groan

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:00 AM
Unadulterated Me

melbgal1 wrote:

I know Saffy's from Ab Fab but what's Poppy from?

Poppy Honey - one of Jamie Oliver's kids.

Ah thats right, what's the other child called again?

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:07 AM
Unadulterated Me

Nikki wrote:

This link has pictures but I was disgusted that they included the Howard
Stern deal so didn't want to make it the only link!
http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_auntjemima.htmbut

Thant link was a 404 file not found.

Mrs. Butterworth is the plump lady ;-) This is a little scary but you'll
see a picture.
http://www.lunaparc.com/mrsbutr.htm

Is this Aunt Jemima? Or is this someone else? We have a liquid honey
that comes in bear shaped bottle like that.

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:16 AM
Unadulterated Me

Maggie wrote:

Adelaide,

eeek! too Australian

lol

Jemima,

Play School character

Yeah but I think only a NZ one...and it was donkeys ago, no one this
childs age would recall it :-)

Have you thought about Charlotte?

#9 in popularity last year, I like it but but it seems a little to over
used, especially where I am. top 10 girls names here last year were
Emma
Sophie
Ella
Emily
Jessica
Hannah
Olivia
Grace
Charlotte
Georgia

Getting a wee bit popular now, but is
one of my fav girl names. That, and Siobhan (but the hubby wasn't keen
on that one!) In that same (Irish) vein, there's also Niamh and Ciara.
Other girl names - Victoria, Virginia, Vivianne... ummm.. that's all I
can think of for now! Good luck

Thanks for the suggestions :-)

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:19 AM
Unadulterated Me

Kelly wrote:

ps-are you for sure having a girl?

I wouldn't have a clue what I'm having, but I already have a boys name,
well two boys choices that I'm happy with, it's only the girls name I
need help with :-)

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:24 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Unadulterated Me wrote:

Nikki wrote:

This link has pictures but I was disgusted that they included the
Howard Stern deal so didn't want to make it the only link!
http://www.tvacres.com/admascots_auntjemima.htmbut

Thant link was a 404 file not found.

Mrs. Butterworth is the plump lady ;-) This is a little scary but
you'll see a picture.
http://www.lunaparc.com/mrsbutr.htm

Is this Aunt Jemima? Or is this someone else? We have a liquid honey
that comes in bear shaped bottle like that.

Try these:

http://tinyurl.com/66cku
http://www.adage.com/century/icon07.html
http://www.jehcollectibles.com/Jemima.html
http://www.upress.virginia.edu/books/manring.html

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old October 27th 04, 03:24 AM
Unadulterated Me

Mamma Mia wrote:

i love lucinda, freya and poppy and matilda too. Fleur will now always be a
brand of tampon to me, but maybe that is just aus.

I think we do have them here, sounds familiar anyway.

does this mean you know it is a girl, or you are just doing one gender at a
time.

No I don't know what it is, but I have my boys names, I only need
inspiration on the girlie names. I'm trying to narrow it down from the
entire baby book to around 10 that I can give serious contemplation to.
My problem is after 6 girls I've used up all my favourites and nothing
really floats my boat anymore, I'm ambivalent to everything. The ones I
like I only like, theres nothing I 'love' iykwim.

Andrea
Old October 27th 04, 03:27 AM
Unadulterated Me

Vijay wrote:

If you're running into issues with Fleur, you can change it to
Fleurine. I know a Fleurine and she's a lovely blonde willowy jazz
singer.

That's pretty, thanks for the suggestion.

Andrea