CTTS (my brother)

Old February 1st 04, 01:57 AM
Em

Default CTTS (my brother)

Last weekend I was lying down on my parents bed nursing DS for his nap and
my brother came in to see what we were doing. Big, lumbering, fairly
obnoxious, 16 year old, 6 feet tall brother. He looked at us and said, "oh,
he's having nursies."

I found it rather sweet/funny and hope he is learning good things from me
for when he has his own babies :-)

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 4 months

Old February 1st 04, 03:25 AM
Nina

My brothers are probreastfeeding too, though their advice tends more towards
"the baby's crying, go stick a titty in her mouth",lol

Old February 1st 04, 05:12 AM
Chotii

"Nina" wrote in message

"CY" wrote in message

"Em" wrote in message

Last weekend I was lying down on my parents bed nursing DS for his nap

and
my brother came in to see what we were doing. Big, lumbering, fairly
obnoxious, 16 year old, 6 feet tall brother. He looked at us and said,

"oh,
he's having nursies."

I found it rather sweet/funny and hope he is learning good things from

me
for when he has his own babies :-)

Oh that's too cute. What a good role model you are!!

My brothers are probreastfeeding too, though their advice tends more

towards
"the baby's crying, go stick a titty in her mouth",lol

Sounds like my oldest brother who at 40, and the father of 3 breastfed kids,
you'd think would be a little less freaked out by breasts in general! but
no, when my littlest was a month old and we were all at my aunt's wedding,
he kept making cracks about me sticking a boob in the kid's mouth. Duh?
What else would I be feeding her? OR maybe he'd rather she scream through
the wedding?

--angela

Old February 1st 04, 02:43 PM
Nina

"Chotii" wrote in message

"Nina" wrote in message

"CY" wrote in message

"Em" wrote in message

[...]

Mine dont mean it in an ugly way, just that because of their ages, they are
gonna say it crudely. M y mother would say "hmm, go nurse the baby and see
if she settles down". My siblings and friends would say "whats wrong with
the baby? go give her some tit". MY point was even though they dont say it
all cute, they still think of breastfeeding/nursing the baby as the ideal
solution to hunger, misery,sleepiness etc No one ever says to give her a
bottle, pacifier, let her cry it out etc.

Old February 1st 04, 05:45 PM
Dawn Lawson

Em wrote:
Last weekend I was lying down on my parents bed nursing DS for his nap and
my brother came in to see what we were doing. Big, lumbering, fairly
obnoxious, 16 year old, 6 feet tall brother. He looked at us and said, "oh,
he's having nursies."

I found it rather sweet/funny and hope he is learning good things from me
for when he has his own babies :-)

*g*

When I was pregnant, MY brother, 26yo, no kids.....explained in
completely correct detail how to get a good latch. Absolutely
HILARIOUSLY done, but utterly correct.

(Not sure how he came by the information, but he's educated as an
anthropologist.)

Dawn

Old February 2nd 04, 04:10 AM
laurie

Aww, that is really cute Em.

laurie
mommy to Jessica, almost 3 years and
Christopher, 9 months
Old February 2nd 04, 04:21 PM
Em

Em wrote:
Last weekend I was lying down on my parents bed nursing DS for his nap

and
my brother came in to see what we were doing. Big, lumbering, fairly
obnoxious, 16 year old, 6 feet tall brother. He looked at us and said,

"oh,
he's having nursies."

I found it rather sweet/funny and hope he is learning good things from

me
for when he has his own babies :-)

*g*

When I was pregnant, MY brother, 26yo, no kids.....explained in
completely correct detail how to get a good latch. Absolutely
HILARIOUSLY done, but utterly correct.

(Not sure how he came by the information, but he's educated as an
anthropologist.)

That's so great! I do wonder how he got the info though--doesn't seem like a
lot of men pay that much attention to the mechanics.

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 4 months

X Posted: Formula Question for my Brother, a new dad New York Jen Pregnancy 22 July 1st 04 11:24 PM
CTTS Frisbee® General 1 April 7th 04 04:43 PM
CTTS: Board games, age 10 [email protected] General (moderated) 0 December 20th 03 04:32 PM
Review: Brother Bear (** 1/2) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 25th 03 10:01 PM
I Am A Big Brother (Big Brothers Big Sisters) And Have A Problem With My Match Rob08757 General 11 September 15th 03 07:17 PM