Does a NCP have a legal right to a childs school information?

Old November 14th 03, 11:06 AM
Nunya

Default Does a NCP have a legal right to a childs school information?

"Steve Carroll" wrote in message
I was just reading my divorce decree, and it says the judge signed a
withholdings order, but I have never had any money withheld from my
paycheck, because I have always paid CS voluntarily.

A few years back, my ex raised a stink because there wasn't a garnishment
order filed with my employer. I was under the impression that this was

due
to the fact that I have never missed a payment.

It has been 18 years, I have seen my son very few times, I don't know him,
and he doesn't know me. I am tired of going with the flow, I am tired of
paying with no known benefit to me or him. I am at the point of wanting

stir up some sh*t to get noticed, even if it means repercussions.

Steve

You're not allowed contact with your child? Grrr. :/ Paying CS or no,
your ex should not just "allow" you contact, they should encourage it. CP's
like that are the ones who give the rest of us a bad name. My ex and I are
under proceedings while he tries to get a reduction (which I'm not happy
about considering circumstances), but I still called him the other day to
encourage him to call the kids and let him know one of them was going to be
on national TV. They were getting upset cause he hadn't called them for over
a month.

If your case is running through Texas, contact the Attorney General's
office. They may petition the Court on your behalf to help enforce
visitation. Always worth a shot and less damaging to you and your child
than just stopping CS. Keep track of all contacts with the AG and if they
don't help (particularly if you can't afford an attorney), then you've got
some backing with the judge if you have to stop the CS to wake them up.
Just make sure you keep the money back if you stop paying CS, there is a
possibility the judge will want you to make up the arrearages immediately.
TX is (allegedly) big about keeping support and visitation as separate
issues to be enforced on their own. If you'd like, I'd be happy to pass
along the name and number of my attorney there. He and his office have been
great so far, and he is certified with the bars there in family law.

Best of luck to you.

-Shell

Old November 15th 03, 01:10 AM
Fighting For Kids

The CSE office usually wont do anytype of intervention until the
account is so far in arrears (might vary state to state).

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:00:47 -0900, "Steve Carroll"
wrote:

I was just reading my divorce decree, and it says the judge signed a
withholdings order, but I have never had any money withheld from my
paycheck, because I have always paid CS voluntarily.

A few years back, my ex raised a stink because there wasn't a garnishment
order filed with my employer. I was under the impression that this was due
to the fact that I have never missed a payment.

It has been 18 years, I have seen my son very few times, I don't know him,
and he doesn't know me. I am tired of going with the flow, I am tired of
paying with no known benefit to me or him. I am at the point of wanting to
stir up some sh*t to get noticed, even if it means repercussions.

Steve

"Indyguy1" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

I have not made contact yet, hopefully that will happen tomorrow.

I've got my fingers crossed for you!

As near as I can tell, my son is in Washington state.

I am curious as to how the chain of events would happen if I stop making

CS
payments to Texas.

You pay to the state of Texas and not your ex, right? I guess the state

would
notify you and if you didn't send in the payment and you would be in

contempt.

Will they blindly issue a garnishment order?

Good question. I don't know, but everyone that I know that is dealing with
garnishments had to go through the courts to set it up.

Will it cause them to actually
notice my case?

LOL, I guess if you stop paying they will sit up and take notice.

Will Alaska garnish me without any interaction with me?

I don't think Alaska will do anything seeing as they are not involved, or

are
they?

I have not ever had a garnishment order, so I am not sure exactly how it
works.

My understanding is that it has to be ordered by the courts for the

employer to
be bond to comply with it. IOW someone has to go to court and request the
garnishment. I would think your ex would be the one that would have to ask

the
courts for the garnishment. But I'm not sure as I don't know anyone who

gets or
gives their CS through the state.

Mrs Indyguy

Steve

"Indyguy1" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

Quick status update. I sent a letter to the District Clerk, they
received
it on the 28th of Oct, haven't heard anything yet by phone or mail.

Old December 16th 03, 06:46 AM
Steve Carroll

Just wanted to give the group an update:

I have been communicating with my Son by phone and email, and he has agreed
to send me progress reports and so forth. We are going to exchange
pictures, and he may come to visit this summer.

I have not received any response from the district clerk in Texas yet.

Steve

Old December 16th 03, 02:53 PM
Indyguy1

Steve wrote:

Just wanted to give the group an update:

I've been wondering what happened!

I have been communicating with my Son by phone and email, and he has agreed
to send me progress reports and so forth. We are going to exchange
pictures, and he may come to visit this summer.

Oh Steve that is the BEST news! I knew you could do it!

I have not received any response from the district clerk in Texas yet.

Screw them. You have your son back in your life and that is the key to all of
it, isn't it.

Mrs Indyguy

Steve