GARDASIL

Old February 7th 07, 06:40 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,uk.people.health
PeterB

Default GARDASIL

On Feb 6, 6:32 pm, "HCN" wrote:
"JOHN" wrote in message

http://www.whale.to/vaccines/gardasil_h.html

Ah, yes.... the website by the guy who also claims that satanic black lines
burned his bum! Fromhttp://www.whale.to/b/cbblack.html... " I also burnt
my ass on it some years back when I was experimenting with psychedelics,
similar to a chemical burn right through my trousers, where the trousers
were unscathed apart from a flattening of the cord. I thought, first, that
I had been given a metaphysical kick up the backside! Perhaps I had. "

(one wonders what kind of brain damage was caused by the psychedelics)

Not a very reliable source... Comments about John Scudamore inhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-vaccinationists/Individualsinclude "a
large and slightly sorted collection of conspiracy theory save the whale,
illuminati, weird "science" and stuff which is not corrected to
reflect demonstrated mistakes."

You seem to think that your personal attacks against the other poster
have some relevance to the topic at hand. They do not. Here are some
facts you may not know:

- About 20 million people in total have been exposed to strains of HPV
virus in the USA
- 1 in 40,000 US women die of cervical cancer each year (about the
same number as die of choking on food)
- 1/3 of all cervical cancer deaths are caused by strains of HPV the
vaccine does not protect against
- FDA said the vaccine may not protect people already infected
- FDA said the vaccine may increase the risk of the kind of lesions
that actually lead to cervical cancer
- CDC states that "there does not appear to be serious side effects so
far" (meaning they don't know)
- The drug costs $360 per patient, and based on the foregoing, this is
just another marketing scam by Merck

PeterB

Old February 8th 07, 08:06 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,uk.people.health
JohnDoe

PeterB wrote:

On Feb 6, 6:32 pm, "HCN" wrote:

"JOHN" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

So it would be good thing to be protected against that virus, right.

- 1 in 40,000 US women die of cervical cancer each year (about the
same number as die of choking on food)

As usual, you're forgetting death is not the only possible outcome. How
about all the women that have to go through surgery, chemotherapy and/or
radiation therapy and survive? Oops, I forgot. You believe doctors can
not cure cancer.

- 1/3 of all cervical cancer deaths are caused by strains of HPV the
vaccine does not protect against

So it protects against 2/3! Way to go!

- FDA said the vaccine may not protect people already infected

Wow, there's a surprise. A preventive measure that doesn't work anymore
once the thing it prevents has already happened. There's that strange
hobby of yours again PeterB, showing of your total ignorance.

- FDA said the vaccine may increase the risk of the kind of lesions
that actually lead to cervical cancer

I notice you do not mention any percentage on this. I'm pretty sure I
know why. But hey, you never miss a chance for a little scaremongering.

- CDC states that "there does not appear to be serious side effects so
far" (meaning they don't know)

Meaning they're telling the truth. So far, no side effects, but since
this is science (sorry for using that word, I know it makes you cringe),
nothing is 100% certain. But the vaccine has been tested, extensively
(and not since only last year, as some anti-vaccinationists are saying),
and no serious side effects were found.

- The drug costs $360 per patient, and based on the foregoing, this is
just another marketing scam by Merck

And this is where you shoot yourself in the foot. They would make much,
much more money by selling chemotherapy and other drugs to treat
cervical cancer than they ever will selling a vaccine which prevents it.

PeterB

Old February 8th 07, 01:35 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,uk.people.health
Jeff

"PeterB" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Feb 6, 6:32 pm, "HCN" wrote:
"JOHN" wrote in message

[...]

That is about 3900 women each year.

- 1/3 of all cervical cancer deaths are caused by strains of HPV the
vaccine does not protect against

Actually, it is about 30%.

That means that the vaccine will prevent about 2000 deaths a year. Sounds
worthwhile to me. And most cases of genital warts not to mean thousands of
cases of cancer and the treatment thereof.

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/VIS/vis-hpv.pdf

- FDA said the vaccine may not protect people already infected

Actualy, it seemed to provide protection and prevented about 2/3 of the
infections from the HPV types 6 & 11. So it won't be as effective as it is
in people not previously exposed to the virus, but it will have some
benefit. In addition, it will prevent genital warts.

- FDA said the vaccine may increase the risk of the kind of lesions
that actually lead to cervical cancer

Reference please.

- CDC states that "there does not appear to be serious side effects so
far" (meaning they don't know)

Gee, they have given it to thousands of girls. Until they have given it to
millions of people, they won't know for sure, will they?

- The drug costs $360 per patient, and based on the foregoing, this is
just another marketing scam by Merck

No, it is just another way to save the lives of 2000 people a year, prevent
thousands of cancers, prevent thousands of biopsies and most cases of
genital warts.

Jeff

PeterB

Old February 8th 07, 01:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,misc.kids,misc.kids.breastfeeding,misc.kids.health,uk.people.health
D. C. Sessions

In message om, PeterB wrote:

You seem to think that your personal attacks against the other poster
have some relevance to the topic at hand. *They do not. *Here are some
facts you may not know:

Splorrrrrrrffffffffffff!

--
| Bogus as it might seem, people, this really is a deliverable |
| e-mail address. Of course, there isn't REALLY a lumber cartel. |

Gardasil is it really what we need Nadia General 12 February 9th 07 07:25 PM
GARDASIL PeterB General 3 February 8th 07 01:51 PM
GARDASIL Dawn General 0 February 7th 07 02:21 PM
MERCK'S GARDASIL VACCINE NOT PROVEN SAFE FOR LITTLE GIRLS Bryan Heit Kids Health 12 July 7th 06 12:18 PM
MERCK'S GARDASIL VACCINE NOT PROVEN SAFE FOR LITTLE GIRLS Bryan Heit Kids Health 0 July 4th 06 11:59 PM