nut butter

Old April 1st 04, 10:04 PM
JennP

Default nut butter

"Laura & Bella" wrote in message
I use peasbutter i get at the health food store here in Ottawa. It

contains
no peanuts but made out of peas, and you know what it tastes the same.
Whydont you try that?

There's soynut butter. I know many of my friends kids eat it. My peanut
allergic kid is fine with almond butter, but I waited until he was two to
introduce it.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old April 1st 04, 10:11 PM
Plissken

"Laura & Bella" wrote in message
| I use peasbutter i get at the health food store here in Ottawa. It
contains
| no peanuts but made out of peas, and you know what it tastes the same.
| Whydont you try that?

I have seen that in the grocery stores, great idea! I've always wondered how
it tastes. Now I'll have to run out and buy some. Probably a better
alternative instead of PB for myself too (I go on PB binges sometimes).
Thanks!

Nadene

Old April 1st 04, 10:13 PM
Plissken

"JennP" wrote in message

| There's soynut butter. I know many of my friends kids eat it. My peanut
| allergic kid is fine with almond butter, but I waited until he was two to
| introduce it.

I'll have look for that too. Maybe I'll pick up both and see which one I
like better. Watch DD won't even like either, but it'll get gobbled up by
me.

Nadene

Old April 2nd 04, 12:46 AM
Laura & Bella

I use peasbutter i get at the health food store here in Ottawa. It contains
no peanuts but made out of peas, and you know what it tastes the same.
Whydont you try that?

Laura
Mommy to Izabella

"Plissken" wrote in message
I plan on holding off on introducing peanut butter to DD (11 months) until
she is 3 or so. I was just wondering about other nut butters (almond,
cashew). Can I introduce these at 1 year or should I hold off on these

too?
DD has shown absolutely no signs of any allergies so far.

--
Nadene

Old April 2nd 04, 02:10 AM
Laura & Bella

Me 2 and thats why I use that now as well. I love it YUMMY!!
I hope you all like it.

Laura

Old April 2nd 04, 02:25 AM
Gorgon Park

"Plissken" wrote in message
I plan on holding off on introducing peanut butter to DD (11 months) until
she is 3 or so. I was just wondering about other nut butters (almond,
cashew). Can I introduce these at 1 year or should I hold off on these

too?
DD has shown absolutely no signs of any allergies so far.

You could also try some seed butters. Tahini (sesame seed butter) is yummy,
so is sunflower seed butter. Tahini is a bit runnier, so it might be a good
butter to start with, as there would be less choking hazard.

Stacey

--
Nadene

Old April 2nd 04, 11:57 PM
JennP

"Jennifer from Colorado"

Just a heads up--a LOT of those almond butters are manufactured on the
same equipment as peanut butters. Watch labels carefully, I've had
some nasty reactions to almond butter for that reason.

From: "Jennifer from Colorado"

Just a heads up--a LOT of those almond butters are manufactured on the
same equipment as peanut butters. Watch labels carefully, I've had
some nasty reactions to almond butter for that reason.

Thanks. I am aware of that but at this time we have had no reactions at all.
The brand I use says something like "manufacturerd in a facility that
processes peanuts" instead of the "same equipment" disclaimer. I know it's
not a guarantee, but at this time it seems ok for us.

Have you had reactions to the same brand but different jars of almond
butter? Which brands have you reacted to? Just wondering. Thanks.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to rep

Old April 3rd 04, 12:06 AM
zolw

You actually eat tahini just like that? Interesting. Back home, where
the tahini originated (middle east), it is prepared very differently.
You add salt, pepper, kumin, water, olive oil & lime juice.

But there is also liquid or spread halwa. It is sweet tasting. It is
made of tahini & sold in Turkish, Russian, Greek & Middle eastern
(Arabic, Irani & Kosher) stores. Some other eastern European places
would have it too.

Old April 3rd 04, 12:22 AM
Gorgon Park

"zolw" wrote in message
You actually eat tahini just like that? Interesting. Back home, where
the tahini originated (middle east), it is prepared very differently.
You add salt, pepper, kumin, water, olive oil & lime juice.

I just buy the sesame seed paste and eat it in bread with jam. It's good!

Gorgon Park wrote:

"Plissken" wrote in message

I plan on holding off on introducing peanut butter to DD (11 months)

until
she is 3 or so. I was just wondering about other nut butters (almond,
cashew). Can I introduce these at 1 year or should I hold off on these

too?

DD has shown absolutely no signs of any allergies so far.

You could also try some seed butters. Tahini (sesame seed butter) is

yummy,
so is sunflower seed butter. Tahini is a bit runnier, so it might be a

good
butter to start with, as there would be less choking hazard.

Stacey

--
Nadene

cocoa butter comparisons (LONG and X-posted) melizabeth Pregnancy 10 May 20th 04 03:05 AM
peanut butter, cow's milk Sara Breastfeeding 17 January 28th 04 05:07 PM
peanut butter fudge Phoebe & Allyson Breastfeeding 3 December 13th 03 04:53 PM
Peanut butter Clare L Breastfeeding 14 December 7th 03 06:32 PM
Peanut butter Leanne Pregnancy 16 November 4th 03 09:39 PM