formula ad on tv in australia

Old April 3rd 04, 03:53 AM
A&G&K

Default formula ad on tv in australia

"Nic" nospam@nospam wrote in message
u...

"A&G&K" wrote in message
I know - its *awful*. I turn off the TV every time I see it ... The

premise
that "at least we can agree that feeding our child toddler formula is

good"
really p!sses me off.

Yeah that is where I think to myself, agree to disagree. Whom says saying
on tv is good?

That's the premise of the add ... apparently the parents can't agree on what
toys or pets the child should have, but at least they agree on toddler
formula... pthwert!

... that and another letter in our local paper stating that bf mothers
should consider other people's feelings about nudity before feeding

their
hungry children ...

What local paper was that in ? I haven't seen that but I think that sounds
worse then the tv ad.

Oh it is . ... it was a comment in our free suburban newspaper (Wynnum,
Brisbane Australia). It follows on from a bf discussion that has been going
on for a few weeks. I'm waiting to see who writes in next week. I've
already said my piece and I think the writer (who declined to give their
details) was refering to my letter to the Ed. At least I can say that for
every negative comment about NIP (from people who all profess to support bf)
receives at least 4 letters to say what claptrap the person has written.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old April 3rd 04, 04:20 AM
Denise Anderson

"A&G&K"

That's the premise of the add ... apparently the parents can't agree on

what
toys or pets the child should have, but at least they agree on toddler
formula... pthwert!

And what exactly is wrong with toddler formula? I didn't use infant formula
for 2 of the 3, but after age 1, I did use toddler formulas on top of
breastfeeding because of nutrition and weight gain issues.

Denise

Old April 3rd 04, 08:09 AM
A&G&K

"Denise Anderson" wrote in message

"A&G&K"

That's the premise of the add ... apparently the parents can't agree on

what
toys or pets the child should have, but at least they agree on toddler
formula... pthwert!

And what exactly is wrong with toddler formula? I didn't use infant

formula
for 2 of the 3, but after age 1, I did use toddler formulas on top of
breastfeeding because of nutrition and weight gain issues.

Denise

I'm not commenting on the rights or wrongs of toddler formula here .....
I am commenting on the fact that the formula companies have found a loophole
that enables them to advertise their products on our (Australian) tv
screens. They can't advertise infant formula so they do the next best
thing - advertise their toddler formula. Its a defacto way of advertising
infant formula as the cans look the same, there is still a "baby" in the
adds and it is still a breastmilk substitute they are advertising.

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003