What are your children worth to you?

Old May 24th 04, 01:11 AM
OJ

Default What are your children worth to you?

I agree
However, it would be very nice to be able to pay cash for my childrens
college like I planned until the X had her way.

"Tiffany" wrote in message

"OJ" wrote in message
But to play the game, I would pay. She is my kid, and luckily not a

little
kid so I wouldn't have to pay for more then a few years anyways. So if I

am
paying the gov. is the gov. going to pay for her college? No way I can

pay
them and save for college. lol

Great point!
Now should non-custodial child support paying humans also have to save

for
college or do you feel that would be the responsibility of the
govt./custodial parent?
It gets better ; )

In actuality, it isn't a necessity for a parent to pay for their childs
college. So on that basis, I say it is neither's responsibility. I say let

kid go to college taking out loans, work part-time to live, get out of
school and repay the loans.

Old May 24th 04, 01:47 AM
Editor -- Child Support News

It depends on what state you live in, Tiffany...I think Indiana is still 21,
so if you're kid's going to college and he/she's 18 when they start (or
younger), you're GOING to pay.

Old May 24th 04, 02:00 AM
Gini52

In article , Editor -- Child Support News
says...

It depends on what state you live in, Tiffany...I think Indiana is still 21,
so if you're kid's going to college and he/she's 18 when they start (or
younger), you're GOING to pay.

===
Got that, Tiff? Better start stashing away ;~)
===

"Tiffany" wrote in message

In actuality, it isn't a necessity for a parent to pay for their childs
college. So on that basis, I say it is neither's responsibility. I say let

kid go to college taking out loans, work part-time to live, get out of
school and repay the loans.

(PLEASE NOTE: I never bottom-sign my posts.
Check Headers to Verify the Authenticity of This Post)

Old May 24th 04, 02:10 AM
Tiffany

You did know that the OP was a made up scenario right?

Here :

There is a new tax on children. The govt. wants 30% of your income to give
you the right to parent your children. Nobody is going to give you money to
parent. It will cost you 30% of your income. Your other option is to give
the children to the govt. What are you going to do?

This isn't a state to state situation, atleast not as it was originally
presented. Are you implying that the state can MAKE ME pay for my kids
college?

"Editor -- Child Support News" wrote in
message ...