Nausea, bleh!

Old March 31st 04, 04:24 AM
JennP

Default Nausea, bleh!

I've been feeling generally gross, but tonight I have been having an episode
of definite nausea. I hate constantly feeling like I'm on the brink of
hurling. I'm starving and can't eat. Even bland Melba Toasts are making me
gag tonight. Bleh.

This pregnancy is soooo different than with Matthew so far.

My mother told me she threw up with each of us exactly once. Maybe I just
need to puke and get it over with.
--
JennP.

mom to Matthew 10/11/00
EDD #2 10/24/04
remove "no........spam" to reply

Old March 31st 04, 06:01 PM
Elitsirk

"JennP" wrote in message news:XRqac.143287$Cb.1510790@attbi_s51...
I've been feeling generally gross, but tonight I have been having an episode
of definite nausea. I hate constantly feeling like I'm on the brink of
hurling. I'm starving and can't eat. Even bland Melba Toasts are making me
gag tonight. Bleh.

This pregnancy is soooo different than with Matthew so far.

My mother told me she threw up with each of us exactly once. Maybe I just
need to puke and get it over with.

*Hugs*

I think I hurled Melba Toasts the one time I tried nibbling on them.
For some reason french fries always stay down just fine for me :P (not
the most nutritious stuff in the world, but all that fat is actually
converted to energy if you haven't been getting enough calories...).
If anything sounds good--eat it (slowly). And, for me at least,
sometims hurling *does* make me feel better.

Everyone promises that the nausea goes away eventually (at least by
the time the baby's born, I guess.) I sure hope they're
right....

--Elit.
#1 due 9/20/2004, and *still* suffering nausea and throwing up...
Old March 31st 04, 10:06 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Elitsirk wrote:

"JennP" wrote in message news:XRqac.143287$Cb.1510790@attbi_s51...

I've been feeling generally gross, but tonight I have been having an episode
of definite nausea. I hate constantly feeling like I'm on the brink of
hurling. I'm starving and can't eat. Even bland Melba Toasts are making me
gag tonight. Bleh.

This pregnancy is soooo different than with Matthew so far.

My mother told me she threw up with each of us exactly once. Maybe I just
need to puke and get it over with.

*Hugs*

I think I hurled Melba Toasts the one time I tried nibbling on them.
For some reason french fries always stay down just fine for me :P (not
the most nutritious stuff in the world, but all that fat is actually
converted to energy if you haven't been getting enough calories...).

French fries reliably cured my nausea every time. I told my doc and he
said that they always encourage women to eat a lot of carbohydrates
because for some reason, they have a positive effect on M/S.

Old April 4th 04, 03:54 AM
rangitotogirl

"JennP" wrote in message
I've been feeling generally gross, but tonight I have been having an

episode
of definite nausea. I hate constantly feeling like I'm on the brink of
hurling. I'm starving and can't eat. Even bland Melba Toasts are making me
gag tonight. Bleh.

This pregnancy is soooo different than with Matthew so far.

My mother told me she threw up with each of us exactly once. Maybe I just
need to puke and get it over with.
--
JennP.

Yay!!! Not to make light of it but with your history this sounds awesome.
Sounds like all those sticky vibes must be working. Hope it's not too much
longer before you start to feel better.

Old April 4th 04, 06:40 AM
JennP

"rangitotogirl" wrote in message

Yay!!! Not to make light of it but with your history this sounds awesome.

I know. As annoying as it is, (and I did feel a bit guilty complaining
here) I am very, very relieved to be feeling this way. Every little wave
reminds me that yes, this is a viable pregnancy so far.

Sounds like all those sticky vibes must be working. Hope it's not too

much
longer before you start to feel better.

I'm getting very positive about this pregnancy. Thanks.

Old April 4th 04, 06:35 PM
Wendy J.

I read your post and had to respond because it is exactly how I feel
too. I feel blah all the time and my tummy feels like it is hungry
but I can't even look at food. I had this with the last one early on
and it went but I can't remember when, maybe around 12 weeks along. I
am only around 6 weeks now. I wish I could find something that sounds
good to eat. I hope it disappears for both of us soon :-)

Wendy J.

Old April 5th 04, 09:52 PM
Jess

"JennP" wrote in message news:XRqac.143287$Cb.1510790@attbi_s51...
I've been feeling generally gross, but tonight I have been having an episode
of definite nausea. I hate constantly feeling like I'm on the brink of
hurling. I'm starving and can't eat. Even bland Melba Toasts are making me
gag tonight. Bleh.

This pregnancy is soooo different than with Matthew so far.

My mother told me she threw up with each of us exactly once. Maybe I just
need to puke and get it over with.

I know exactly what you mean. I am 20 weeks today and am SO sick of
throwing up. It's a little better than it was last month, but I am
going to scream if one more person tells me I "should" feel better by
now. Actually, maybe I will just vomit on them. It doesn't matter
what I eat, it comes back up- especially at night. Phenergan helps a
little, Zofran- not a bit unless its IV. I'm really worried that I'm
not eating well enough for the baby- I'm not losing weight anymore,
but I have such a hard time forcing food that I don't think I'm eating
enough protein or veggies.

I can't tell you how much it helps to hear from people here though-
especially people who were sick the whole time. Also- Jenn- IMO-
don't bother fighting the vomiting- it just prolongs the misery. Get
it out & try again.

Jess
8/29/04

One month pregnancy (constant nausea) PLEASE HELP Mario Cyb Pregnancy 15 January 12th 04 11:02 PM
Ok, nausea, go away... J Pregnancy 6 November 3rd 03 07:46 PM
nausea returning at about 30 weeks na Pregnancy 1 September 15th 03 06:11 PM
welcome back nausea! annafine Pregnancy 2 September 15th 03 02:53 PM
Pregnancy Nausea (or not, POLL!) little one Pregnancy 28 September 11th 03 07:09 PM