Low Income Fathers, Child Support and Economic Oppression

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 23rd 06, 08:00 PM posted to alt.child-support,soc.men
PolishKnight

Default Insane thoughts...

pandora wrote:
"PolishKnight" wrote in message
I glanced at it some time ago and thought about a response. Take it as
a compliment: I found the notion of you claiming that powerless sexist
chumps required massive government programs to protect empowered women
to be rather thought provoking.

And I find nothing thought provoking about you in any way/shape/form. You
are quite insane.

Ironically, I find that statement very thought provoking as well.

The term insanity is used in many ways including as a pejorative or a
description of a clinical condition. Insanity has sometimes resulted
in bursts of creativity that have helped move mankind's progress
forward and is well represented in the arts. If anything, I would
imagine that insanity would be thought provoking rather than not.

When discussing insanity as a clinical condition, it's not an
accusation that's made by a gentlemanly person simply to score points
in a debate. The mental-health profession has been dogged by a
reputation for administering care poorly and for misdiagnosis. People
who make an effort to seek care often wind up with a social stigma. I
am honestly not posturing when I say that I find such an accusation
used casually to be incredibly low class and inhumane.

On a less grave note: It's difficult to diagnose and treat insanity
when so many people are so limited in their thinking as to not fully
understand it or even jump to the conclusion that someone is insane for
simply thinking beyond social or personal norms. There are people
today who are terrified to set foot on an airplane because they see
quite clearly that things fall down and crash. Immigrants with
different traditions were viewed as mentally inferior for acting in a
different fashion.

Therefore, when you propose that something I'm thinking is insane, I
ask myself whether you mean that it seems incredulous to you that I
would disagree with a status-quo philosophy, feminism, that is now
apparently unquestionable in most government institutions. I am not so
insane as to pretend that such institutions and social attitudes do not
exist.

On the contrary: I see the insanity and instability of a system that
pretends that women are equal while at the same time treats them as
perpetually helpless victims. Systems can be insane even if the
individuals dealing with them aren't. Ever go to the DMV? One of the
rather magical principles some brilliant businesspeople I have met tell
me is that the moment someone comes up with a good business idea, it's
usually put into effect by someone else. It often frustrates them just
how quick and adaptive people are!

So for me, exploring the gaping flaws and contradictions in a
philosophy which regards men as a second class citizen is almost if not
more effective than fighting it directly. Accuse people whose ideas
you find repugnant insane, if you like, but you'll be hard pressed to
deny they're thought provoking. Anything that gets your attention to
denounce them has some kind of merit. Times change and with change,
comes new opportunities and challenges. That's when nature seperates
those whose ideas are founded totally upon the status quo from those
who can rise and meet new challenges. Men have done that for millennia
for both good and bad reasons. Sooner rather than later, women who buy
your ideals will have to stand on their own merit without their
oppressors/benefactors to fall back on. And it won't matter one bit
what they believe. That's reality.

regards,
PolishKnight