Introduction

Old July 13th 03, 11:02 PM
Valerie Rake

Default Introduction

Hi,
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 37 years old and 21 weeks pregnant
with my first baby. I've been reading m.k.p for the last year or so.
I've just started to read this group because I'm the sort of person who
likes knowing all sorts of information and perspective _before_ I need
them! I really appreciate the insights of folks on these two newsgroups!

Valerie

Old July 14th 03, 04:29 AM
Leslie

Welcome, Valerie. IMO, hanging out here is the best thing you can do to get
ready for breastfeeding!

Leslie
Old July 14th 03, 06:20 AM
Cathy

Welcome Valerie. I mostly lurk, but I wish I had lurked a lot more before
DD was born! All the best for the next few months.

Cathy

Old July 14th 03, 06:35 AM
A&G&K

"Valerie Rake" wrote in message
Hi,
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 37 years old and 21 weeks pregnant
with my first baby. I've been reading m.k.p for the last year or so.
I've just started to read this group because I'm the sort of person who
likes knowing all sorts of information and perspective _before_ I need
them! I really appreciate the insights of folks on these two newsgroups!

Valerie

Welcome ... this group is a great source of info.
Where abouts are you? If you are in Australia you could try contacting the
Australian Breastfeeding Association to see if they are running a bf course
in your area in the near future. A good intro to bf for those that like
lots of info early on.
Cheers
Amanda

Old July 15th 03, 11:17 AM
Chookie

In article , Valerie Rake
wrote:

I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 37 years old and 21 weeks pregnant
with my first baby. I've been reading m.k.p for the last year or so.
I've just started to read this group because I'm the sort of person who
likes knowing all sorts of information and perspective _before_ I need
them! I really appreciate the insights of folks on these two newsgroups!

Congratulations and welcome! And you are right to start reading early.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"...children should continue to be breastfed... for up to two years of age
or beyond." -- Innocenti Declaration, Florence, 1 August 1990
Old July 16th 03, 04:56 PM
Valerie Rake

Thanks! I'm in central Ohio, USA. I actually live 2 blocks from the
major maternity hospital in our area--which has its disadvantages and
its advantages. They offer a variety of workshops and coaches (all
within walking distance!), and I've got a couple friends, sisters, and
SILs with experience, and some contacts with the local "alternative
birth and parenting community". To say nothing of the internet!

Valerie

A&G&K wrote:

"Valerie Rake" wrote in message

Hi,
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 37 years old and 21 weeks pregnant
with my first baby. I've been reading m.k.p for the last year or so.
I've just started to read this group because I'm the sort of person who
likes knowing all sorts of information and perspective _before_ I need
them! I really appreciate the insights of folks on these two newsgroups!

Valerie

Welcome ... this group is a great source of info.
Where abouts are you? If you are in Australia you could try contacting the
Australian Breastfeeding Association to see if they are running a bf course
in your area in the near future. A good intro to bf for those that like
lots of info early on.
Cheers
Amanda

Introduction Shawn M. J. Mann Pregnancy 11 June 28th 04 09:25 PM
TTC - Introduction & Pick me up required (warning - long) Michelle Gibson Pregnancy 10 May 13th 04 10:13 PM
Introduction Rebecca McGraw Pregnancy 9 April 21st 04 05:16 PM
Introduction Elly General 6 October 18th 03 05:23 PM
Introduction - in TTW phase! [email protected] Pregnancy 7 July 12th 03 05:25 PM