hair

Old February 21st 04, 01:36 AM
Sara

Default hair

I recently got a haircut, and much of the hair I have left is
post-partum (what? I say I can use it like this, so pffft). It seems
to me that my hair has turned coarser since I gave birth. Has anyone
else experienced this?

--
Sara, whose life is an on-going quest for the right shampoo
Old February 21st 04, 02:23 AM
Christina

"Sara" wrote

I recently got a haircut, and much of the hair I have left is
post-partum (what? I say I can use it like this, so pffft). It seems
to me that my hair has turned coarser since I gave birth. Has anyone
else experienced this?

My hair's texture hasn't changed, but I did start finding the occasional
blonde strand here and there - I am dark brunette otherwise.

Christina, who didn't start finding any grey hairs until after DS was born
: )

Old February 21st 04, 02:24 AM
Nina

"Sara" wrote in message
I recently got a haircut, and much of the hair I have left is
post-partum (what? I say I can use it like this, so pffft). It seems
to me that my hair has turned coarser since I gave birth. Has anyone
else experienced this?

No. but mine seems to be thinning at the hairline. Its not
noticeable unless you saw how it looked BEFORE.
*sigh*

Old February 21st 04, 02:52 AM
She's A Goddess

"Sara" wrote in message
I recently got a haircut, and much of the hair I have left is
post-partum (what? I say I can use it like this, so pffft). It seems
to me that my hair has turned coarser since I gave birth. Has anyone
else experienced this?

Yeah. Unfortunately for me its a sign of recently diagnosed hypothyroidism.
--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (29 1/2 months) and O. Boy (8 months)

Old February 21st 04, 04:20 PM
Nina

"She's A Goddess" wrote in message

"Sara" wrote in message
I recently got a haircut, and much of the hair I have left is
post-partum (what? I say I can use it like this, so pffft). It

seems
to me that my hair has turned coarser since I gave birth. Has

anyone
else experienced this?

Yeah. Unfortunately for me its a sign of recently diagnosed

hypothyroidism.
--

It runs in my family and I had a bout of hyperthyroidism before I
became pregnant.

Old February 21st 04, 10:46 PM
iphigenia

Christina wrote:

Christina, who didn't start finding any grey hairs until after DS was
born

That's the change I've experienced as well, and they're all right around my
hairline, stupid things.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 21st 04, 11:06 PM
Tine Andersen

"iphigenia" skrev i en meddelelse
Christina wrote:

Christina, who didn't start finding any grey hairs until after DS was
born

That's the change I've experienced as well, and they're all right around

my
hairline, stupid things.

I mostly have them in a spot in the hairline on my forehead. I have decided
it makes me look interesting :-)

Tine, Denmark

Old February 22nd 04, 03:18 AM
Christina

"Tine Andersen" wrote

I mostly have them in a spot in the hairline on my forehead. I have

decided
it makes me look interesting :-)

I pulled four out today, wretched things! Is it true that if you pull one
out, more grow back, kind of like Medusa's head (or am I getting my Greek
mythology confused? maybe it's a hydra I'm thinking of)?

Christina, not wanting to buy stock in L'Oreal or Clairol just yet

Old February 22nd 04, 05:47 PM
iphigenia

Christina wrote:
I pulled four out today, wretched things! Is it true that if you pull
one out, more grow back, kind of like Medusa's head (or am I getting
my Greek mythology confused? maybe it's a hydra I'm thinking of)?

Fairly sure that's the hydra, but I could be wrong.
I haven't noticed that pulling them out changes anything, but I'd swear the
silver hairs grow about five times faster than the dark ones!

Christina, not wanting to buy stock in L'Oreal or Clairol just yet

L'Oreal is owned by Nestle, IIRC : )

Old February 23rd 04, 02:39 AM
Christina

"iphigenia" wrote

L'Oreal is owned by Nestle, IIRC : )

Oop, I didn't know that. Guess I'll have to go grey gracefully then : )

Christina
mommy to DS, 27 months
(who is quite blond, taking after neither of his parents)