for those of us getting bigger bellys...;-)

Old January 12th 04, 08:00 PM
Christine

Default for those of us getting bigger bellys...;-)

Is there a daily task that is getting really hard to do due to your
belly.....

Mine is shaving my legs in the tub...lol
its really hard to get behind the thighs now...i used to be able to
shave my legs....1-2-3...lol...but now i'm reaching and huffin and
puffin....just to get them shaved!!!!!!
other than that everything else is still pretty easy....

Old January 12th 04, 08:29 PM
Kat

"Christine" wrote in message
Is there a daily task that is getting really hard to do due to your
belly.....

Mine is shaving my legs in the tub...lol
its really hard to get behind the thighs now...i used to be able to
shave my legs....1-2-3...lol...but now i'm reaching and huffin and
puffin....just to get them shaved!!!!!!
other than that everything else is still pretty easy....

Holding my daughter on my lap comfortably is getting harder especially since
she likes to bounce on the belly which is torture! Any kind of bending at
the waist is torture, but I don't have much longer thank goodness.
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 12th 04, 08:43 PM
Jill

Shaving my legs in the shower and any kind of bending at the waist. The
worst is bending over the washher or dryer to get clothes in or out.

Old January 12th 04, 09:21 PM
Karen

I gave up shaving my legs during my first pregnancy and never have
really gone back to it, maybe just a couple times for a pantyhose kind
of special event. We're closet hippies anyway, so dh doesn't care one
way or the other, and I generally couldn't be bothered.

Two things start to bug me now as my belly gets bigger. First, not being
able to sit close enough to the table to eat, so I end up with a messy
shirt more often than not. Second, the loss of that lower area of
peripheral vision, so you can't really see to navigate around all the
toys and cats and what have you on the floor.

-Karen, mom to Henry and someone due 4/24/04-

Old January 12th 04, 09:37 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Christine wrote:

Is there a daily task that is getting really hard to do due to your
belly.....

Tying my shoes. I don't shave my legs anyway so no probs there

Old January 12th 04, 09:55 PM
Karen

Tying my shoes. I don't shave my legs anyway so no probs there

Beginning of pregnancy, I went out and bought three pairs of slip-on
shoes. Glad to see someone else not bothering about the legs! -K-

Old January 12th 04, 10:00 PM
Auntie Bubbles

"Shena Delian O'Brien" wrote in message
Christine wrote:

Is there a daily task that is getting really hard to do due to your
belly.....

Tying my shoes. I don't shave my legs anyway so no probs there

Same here with tying my shoes...my hubby noted that the knots were always on
the inside of my feet instead of on top, from not being able to get my leg
up very far on my knee...Still shave my legs, only every 3 or 4 days instead
of every day, the hair doesn't grow as fast in the winter anyway, but I
can't stand stubble!
Alexis
EDD 4/21/04
Beanie #1

Old January 12th 04, 10:03 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Karen wrote:

Tying my shoes. I don't shave my legs anyway so no probs there

Beginning of pregnancy, I went out and bought three pairs of slip-on
shoes. Glad to see someone else not bothering about the legs! -K-

It's winter here and we had a snowstorm a week or so ago. I couldn't get
by with my slipons I had to wear lace up boots. Gosh, what a pain it was
tying those!

Old January 12th 04, 10:43 PM
Naomi Rivkis

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:00:46 -0500 (EST),
(Christine) wrote:

Is there a daily task that is getting really hard to do due to your
belly.....

Putting on my shoes!!! I'm 32 weeks (or 33, depending on which due
date you believe) and getting my shoes tied is a PROJECT!

Naomi
Old January 12th 04, 10:45 PM
Naomi Rivkis

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:55:35 GMT, Karen wrote:

Tying my shoes. I don't shave my legs anyway so no probs there

Beginning of pregnancy, I went out and bought three pairs of slip-on
shoes. Glad to see someone else not bothering about the legs! -K-

I don't bother with the legs either, never did. I wear pants almost
all the time anyway, so it doesn't matter much, and my husband's never
cared. I wish I could find slip-on shoes that felt really comfortable,
especially without socks (which are as hard to put on as shoes, and
which Kentucky weather lets me skip most of the time even in January)
but I can't. Sometimes I wear my incredibly comfortable ten-year-old
slipons, but they're really starting to die. The rest of the time I
struggle into tie shoes, which are at least comfortable once I get
them on. I find I really need shoes that are very lightweight and
close to the foot. It's always been a preference for me, I hate big
clunky things on my feet. But now it's even worse; I feel so heavy and
unwieldly because of the belly and breasts that if my feet are
weighted down I just feel too discouraged even to start moving.

Naomi