I need some advice about sleeping babies

Old April 14th 04, 05:29 PM
The Huwe Family

Default I need some advice about sleeping babies

My triplets are 6 mo old already. Hard to believe. They started sleeping
through the night when they were around a month old. When they were 4 mo.
old, my mom went back home. From that moment on, they have been waking up
at different times through the night. This is not really the problem. I
knew they probably needed time to adjust. However, Andy, wakes up early and
won't go back to sleep. Sometimes it's 5:00, sometimes it's 3:00, but
lately it's been 1-2:00 am and he's up ready to play and it takes a good
hour to get him to go back to sleep. I can't handle this on a regular
basis. Especially when the other two tend to still get up once for a
feeding. It doesn't matter what time we have put him to bed. He usually
falls asleep around 6-7 pm, but there have been times when it has been 10 pm
and he still wakes up at 4. We have tried to darken the room by covering
the window, but it hasn't seemed to make much of a difference.

The past two nights, he would make a bunch of noise, so we'd go get him to
feed him, and as soon as he is in your arms, his head hits your shoulder and
he is snoring like a freight train. You place him back in his crib, he
starts complaining, and kicking his legs. You pick him back up, his head
hits your shoulder and he starts to snore again. etc. etc. etc. Personally,
when he is like this, I don't have a problem leaving him in the crib so that
he learns that when it's dark, it's time to sleep. But he shares the room
with Ben and Elena and I don't want Andy to wake them up. We only have a 2
bedroom home, so it's not an option to put him in another room (although I
am at the point where I wish I could.)

We do believe that he is teething. Would this cause him to act this way?
--
Thanks,
Gayle

Old April 15th 04, 03:59 AM
Peggy

Gayle,

Have you tried putting Andy in bed with you? Maybe he just needs the
closeness. You all might get more sleep and this way he won't wake up the
other two. It doesn't sound like teething is the cause, otherwise he would
probably be in more distress. It sounds as though he just needs to adjust
to the day/night cycle.

Peggy
http://www.babygardengifts.com

m...

Old April 15th 04, 04:19 AM
Terri and Rob

My older son went through this stage as well...very frustrating to go
back to this once they sleep through the night for a while, so I
sympathize. What I found helped was to give Infant Tylenol for teething
right before bed time. If all else failed, I slept with Colton in my
arms in a reclining chair. Then he got the closeness he seemed to crave
and I at least got some semblance of relaxing sleep. Take heart,
though, because my oldest grew out of it and slept through the night
again at around 8-10 months.

--
Terri & Rob
Colton (11-29-00)

Old April 15th 04, 01:06 PM
The Huwe Family

I had him in my bed last night and it seemed to work pretty well. As soon
as he was asleep, I put him back in his bed where he slept the majority of
the night. I'll try it again tonight and see how he does. Also, when I put
him in his crib, I placed him in a different position than I normally do.
Thank you for the advice.

Gayle
. ..