Three and a half year old boys, sleep already,

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 28th 06, 03:44 AM posted to alt.parenting.twins-triplets
[email protected]

Default Three and a half year old boys, sleep already,

Okay,

I'm writing this because I've spent the past hour and a half lying down
with one of my twin boys trying to get them to sleep so pardon any
*exasperation* you may detect. Here's the question, I feel that my
wife and I were never on the same page crying it out, etc. But
here's where we are now. We'd like to be able to put the kids to sleep
without having to lay down with them. We've made all the mistakes,
laying down with them until they fall asleep, letting them get up to
get a drink of water, use the bathroom, etc etc. So how do we start
establishing a routine. Just tell them, "okay, starting tonight
there's going to be a routine, bath, teeth, pj's, stories, and then you
lay down to sleep?" They share one bed, maybe we'll change that. But
unfortunately they share a room and we anticipate them getting into
trouble if we shut the door and leave them in there. Any tips on
getting them to sleep? The biggest problem is that I cannot fall
asleep when they do or nothing would get done around the house. So
after they fall asleep, I have to drag my grumpy self out of bed and
then get stuff done, this is *very* difficult.

Sam