NST today @ 32w4d

Old August 8th 05, 09:45 PM
Jenrose

"Joybelle" wrote in message
I had my first non-stress test today. Results were good. Baby moved a lot
and gave the monitor some good kicks.

Glad results were good.... have you gotten my recent emails?

Jenrose

Old August 8th 05, 10:06 PM
Emily

Hi Joy,

That all sounds good! Yay on the NST going well,
on DH being able to get out of jury duty, and on
glucose levels.

Having time at home might also help prepare the kids
for your absence later while taking care of #4.
I like to think that you can "bank" quality time ---
give the kids of lots of attention, and they'll
be in a better position to be apart from you for
a while when need be.

Emily
--
DS 5/02
EDD Labor Day 9/5/05
Old August 8th 05, 10:23 PM
Leslie

Sounds like things are going pretty well--I'm glad! Enjoy the time
home with the kids.

Leslie

Old August 8th 05, 11:37 PM
Joybelle

Default NST today @ 32w4d

I had my first non-stress test today. Results were good. Baby moved a lot
and gave the monitor some good kicks.

The girl I'm working with for the gestational diabetes came in and looked at
what I recorded this past week, and she said I'm doing a great job keeping
my levels where they should be. Yea!

I also saw the doctor, and she thought everything looked great. Baby is
still breech, and I have to wonder if it's the way it's going to stay. We
talked a little about the planned c-section, but a date hasn't been set yet.
She did say it should be no problem for my husband to get excused from jury
duty. A doctor's note should take care of that.

I will be having an NST every Monday throughout August. All in all, I'm
tired but feeling ok. I'm a little sore for some reason. My left calf
muscle is really tight and sore, and I have no idea what I did. Saturday
and Sunday we were busy, busy going places, so who knows. I work tomorrow
night and Thursday night, and I'm all done. I am glad, though, I've enjoyed
the job! I think it will be nice for the kids, and it will help (I hope)
get some stuff done 'round here. Lots to do!

That's that, I guess!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 9th 05, 11:36 AM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:37:10 -0700, Joybelle wrote:

I will be having an NST every Monday throughout August.

Just out of curiosity: why do they do this every week? Is it because of
the gestational diabetes? Wonderful job on the bloodsugar levels! I hope
they keep behaving this well.

Some additional calcium and/or magnesium tablets may help relieve the
tension in your calves. You can also ask your DH to give them a gentle
massage (rubbing from ankles towards your knees) before you go to bed.
Make sure to do that after you lie down, so you don't need to get up any
time soon after the massage. That way you body drains the muscle waist
products that can cause the crampy and tight feeling. Sitting with your
feet up as much as you can during the day will also help.

--
--I
mommy to DS (July '02)
Old August 9th 05, 05:26 PM
Joybelle

"Jenrose" wrote in message
news:1123535142.4ef255ddfe3cdab0bfb929d2abb625f1@t eranews...

Glad results were good.... have you gotten my recent emails?

Hey, Jenrose,
The last one I got was on August 1 (color and my style... I think I
responded to that one). I haven't been able to respond to the one with the
questions regarding positioning, etc, because I haven't spoken to the
perinatologists yet. Have there been more recent ones?

Thanks!

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 9th 05, 05:28 PM
Joybelle

"Emily" wrote in message
Hi Joy,

That all sounds good! Yay on the NST going well,
on DH being able to get out of jury duty, and on
glucose levels.

A good appointment all in all!

Having time at home might also help prepare the kids
for your absence later while taking care of #4.
I like to think that you can "bank" quality time ---
give the kids of lots of attention, and they'll
be in a better position to be apart from you for
a while when need be.

I agree. I'm really looking forward to being home again. Some people make
remarks about me missing my time getting out of the house, but I really
won't! I have been having too much running around anyway.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 9th 05, 05:29 PM
Joybelle

"Leslie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds like things are going pretty well--I'm glad! Enjoy the time
home with the kids.

Thanks, Leslie! I will definitely be enjoying my time home. I feel so
relieved I'm almost done!
--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 9th 05, 05:32 PM
Joybelle

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:37:10 -0700, Joybelle wrote:

I will be having an NST every Monday throughout August.

Just out of curiosity: why do they do this every week? Is it because of
the gestational diabetes? Wonderful job on the bloodsugar levels! I hope
they keep behaving this well.

It is actually because the baby has been diagnosed via u/s to have spina
bifida and has developed hydrocephalus along with that.

I was very excited about the bloodsugar levels. I am finding it much easier
than I thought it would be, and I hope it stays that way!

Some additional calcium and/or magnesium tablets may help relieve the
tension in your calves. You can also ask your DH to give them a gentle
massage (rubbing from ankles towards your knees) before you go to bed.
Make sure to do that after you lie down, so you don't need to get up any
time soon after the massage. That way you body drains the muscle waist
products that can cause the crampy and tight feeling. Sitting with your
feet up as much as you can during the day will also help.

Thanks for the suggestions! I must be lacking in something because last
night they were cramping up.

--
Joy

Rose 1-99
Iris 2-01
Spencer 3-03
# 4 Sept 2005

Old August 9th 05, 05:50 PM
Amy

Ilse Witch wrote:
On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 16:37:10 -0700, Joybelle wrote:

Some additional calcium and/or magnesium tablets may help relieve the
tension in your calves.

The nurse told me that magnesium is 1) not absorbed well, and 2) a
muscle relaxer, and that if you take enough that it's absorbing, it
might interfere with your uterus's ability to go into labor, because it
is acting as a muscle relaxant.

I didn't argue with her, but if that's the case then why doesn't the
labor of women who are on mag. sulfate stop? But what do I know...

Anyway, check with your doctor before starting any new supplements. It
may depend on where you're at in your pregnancy (or when, I guess). I
did notice that there is no mag. in my prenatals...

Amy