So OT it's not even funny: UK Moms please!

Old September 9th 03, 07:22 AM
CY

Default So OT it's not even funny: UK Moms please!

Can anyone please tell me the name of the River Island clothing store before
it was River Island? It's driving my friend and I nuts (we are ex-pats so
cannot just go into a store and ask!!).

Thank you!

CY

Old September 9th 03, 12:06 PM
Jacqui

CY wibbled

Can anyone please tell me the name of the River Island clothing
store before it was River Island? It's driving my friend and I
nuts (we are ex-pats so cannot just go into a store and ask!!).

I can only remember it as River Island - I've been shopping there since
I was a teen and I'm 31 now. So it's been RI for 15+ years to my
knowledge!

Jac
Old September 9th 03, 02:13 PM
teapot

"CY" wrote in message news:6ke7b.50479$nf3.47883@fed1read07...
Can anyone please tell me the name of the River Island clothing store before
it was River Island? It's driving my friend and I nuts (we are ex-pats so
cannot just go into a store and ask!!).

Thank you!

CY

Chelsea Girl

how fashion nerdy is that!

teapot
Old September 9th 03, 07:14 PM
Lucy

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"CY" wrote in message

Can anyone please tell me the name of the River Island clothing store

before
it was River Island? It's driving my friend and I nuts (we are ex-pats

so
cannot just go into a store and ask!!).

Thank you!

CY

Chelsea Girl

how fashion nerdy is that!

teapot

Was it really? I wondered what had happened to them? Did they change their
image when they changed their name?

I remember Chelsea Girl from when I was a teen and it was all cheap tacky
clothes that fell apart after a couple of weeks.

I love River Island though, and still shop there when I go back to visit the
UK.

Old September 10th 03, 09:34 AM
teapot

"Lucy" wrote in message ...
"teapot" wrote in message
om...
"CY" wrote in message

Can anyone please tell me the name of the River Island clothing store

before
it was River Island? It's driving my friend and I nuts (we are ex-pats

so
cannot just go into a store and ask!!).

Thank you!

CY

Chelsea Girl

how fashion nerdy is that!

teapot

Was it really? I wondered what had happened to them? Did they change their
image when they changed their name?

They followed their market - all the teenagers who liked the fall
apart stuff grew up, got jobs and could afford the nice - and larger
sizes of River ISland.

teapot
Old September 10th 03, 12:08 PM
Vikki

I remembered it from when I was a young teen. (That shows my age!)
It was really cool to shop there even though the stuff wasn't very well
made.

Vikki

"CY" wrote in message
Thank you all for posting. What did you type in Google to find it? I
searched for over an hour!!!

Old September 10th 03, 04:23 PM
Lucy

"teapot" wrote in message
om...
They followed their market - all the teenagers who liked the fall
apart stuff grew up, got jobs and could afford the nice - and larger
sizes of River ISland.

teapot

Makes sense. That's exactly what I did!

Pretty cool: Movie showings just for moms M Wayne Pregnancy 12 April 28th 04 03:12 AM
pushy moms at school Nevermind General 14 April 18th 04 02:31 AM
At 3:22 am mom & son nancy Pregnancy 1 December 20th 03 06:57 PM
Funny photo! (also: David Wright, PhD *jokes* that "MDs are guilty." (!) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 October 2nd 03 11:32 PM
A funny Charlotte M. Breastfeeding 2 August 1st 03 08:09 PM