Easy to clean highchair recs?

Old August 7th 04, 05:17 PM
Cheryl S.

Default Easy to clean highchair recs?

"Cheryl S." wrote in message
I have a Graco NeatSeat and I'm sick of cleaning it. The tray is big,
heavy and awkward to maneuver (for me) and it allows tons of food to
fall down into the seat so I have to take out the pad, which is also
large, and clean that and the whole seat after every meal.

Replying to myself to say... I found a highchair! It's made by
Fisher-Price. It's the same model my IL's have, but their is third-hand
from a neighbor and at least 30 years old so I didn't think they were
even making them anymore. The tray wraps all the way around the sides
and doesn't leave the gaps that food falls down through. The whole
thing is plastic and the pads are built into the frame of the chair so
you don't take them out to wash, nothing can get under them, you just
wipe it down.

And the best part, it was at a resale shop so I got it for only $15.
Now I can take my old one there and probably get at least half that
back, since mine reclines and has height adjustment and all that.

I'm so excited! Sad, isn't it. lol.
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 3, and Jaden, 11 months

Old August 7th 04, 06:04 PM
H Schinske

Cheryl S. wrote:

Replying to myself to say... I found a highchair! It's made by
Fisher-Price. It's the same model my IL's have, but their is third-hand
from a neighbor and at least 30 years old so I didn't think they were
even making them anymore. The tray wraps all the way around the sides
and doesn't leave the gaps that food falls down through. The whole
thing is plastic and the pads are built into the frame of the chair so
you don't take them out to wash, nothing can get under them, you just
wipe it down.

That sounds like the ones I had -- I did discover after absolutely *months*
that the seats came out after all, and there were some crumbs and guck under
them. They didn't smell bad or anything, and it wasn't a *lot*.

--Helen
Old August 7th 04, 06:35 PM
Cheryl S.

"H Schinske" wrote in message
That sounds like the ones I had -- I did discover after
absolutely *months* that the seats came out after all, and
there were some crumbs and guck under them. They didn't
smell bad or anything, and it wasn't a *lot*.

Oh, shucks. Thanks for letting me know. Still, "months" is a far sight
better than 3 times a day!

Old August 8th 04, 08:44 PM
Rosalie B.

"Nikki" wrote:

Diane wrote:

I try to gather the worst of it with a paper towel right away. But,
and I know this is gross, most of the things vaccuum up best when they
have dried. Goopy banana chunks don't, so that's why I do the paper
towel thing, but most other finger foods like meat, veggies, etc. dry
up and vaccuum easily.

Rice and pasta are the *worst*. When we have rice or pasta it seems to
cover about a 10sq foot area under the table. It is impossible to sweep wet
rice and pasta up. Sometimes I have to go outside and do something so I
can't see it under there, lol. It sweeps up really easy when it is dry.
I'd let the dog in but then my floors would smell like dog breath and have
spit marks all over :-P. I need a dog with better manners I think ;-)

I used to put an old plastic tablecloth under the high chair and then
just take it up and shake it outside. And occasionally put it in the
washer. I didn't have a dog

grandma Rosalie