baby bathtub

Old February 17th 04, 02:21 PM
AnnaS

Default baby bathtub, help for 13 mth DD please

My 12-month old just comes in the shower with me. He sits at the far
end and plays with his bath toys while I shampoo and wash myself and then
I wash him. I just started taking him there about a month and a half
ago. At first he was scared, but I just sat down on the floor with him
and started playing with him. After the first few times, he stopped
being scared about it and now he gets excited to go in there. This also
makes it easier to get ready because I don't have to wait for him to take
a nap before I take a shower so I know he'll be safe while I'm in there.

Anna

DougB wrote:

I got some good ideas from this thread, but not sure what my wife
wants to do...

Our bathroom has shower only. Wife showers. 13 month old DD (just
starting to walk) gets her 3 to 5 minute bath in a medium sized wash
bucket thingie on the countertop in the guest bathroom. She sits up,
and (amazingly) sits fairly still for it. But she's almost too big
for it.

We are thinking of getting rid of the sliding glass bath/shower door
and replacing with a shower curtain which opens wider, and then we can
lose that metal crossbeam thing that the shower door slides on.

Right now, wife seems pretty comfortable (physically) standing and
bathing DD on the countertop. And even with the metal crossbeam gone
(ouch on the arms) leaning over the bathtub, is it physically
draining??

I guess what I'm asking is suggestions? Should we get a bigger
'bucket' and put into the tub? On the countertop? (not much room up
there) Is it lots of work to bathe with baby? And what's this sponge
thing you guys are talking about?

Thanks for any tips,

ID (Ignorant Daddy) DougB

Old February 17th 04, 03:06 PM
Ericka Kammerer

DougB wrote:

Our bathroom has shower only. Wife showers. 13 month old DD (just
starting to walk) gets her 3 to 5 minute bath in a medium sized wash
bucket thingie on the countertop in the guest bathroom. She sits up,
and (amazingly) sits fairly still for it. But she's almost too big
for it.

We are thinking of getting rid of the sliding glass bath/shower door
and replacing with a shower curtain which opens wider, and then we can
lose that metal crossbeam thing that the shower door slides on.

Right now, wife seems pretty comfortable (physically) standing and
bathing DD on the countertop. And even with the metal crossbeam gone
(ouch on the arms) leaning over the bathtub, is it physically
draining??

That depends on how "hands on" your daughter is.
If you have to have a hand on her every second, yes, it's
a royal pain to huddle over the tub to give her a bath.
If you just have to sit right there ready to grab her if
she starts falling, then it's not nearly as bad.

I guess what I'm asking is suggestions? Should we get a bigger
'bucket' and put into the tub? On the countertop? (not much room up
there) Is it lots of work to bathe with baby? And what's this sponge
thing you guys are talking about?

I'd give up the counter top. I'd either just put
her in the big tub (if she were easy to deal with), have
her shower with mom or dad, get in the big tub with her (if
she required a hand on her at all times), or get a smaller
tub and put it in the big tub. The sponge thing is a soft
cushion you can lay the baby on in the big tub. I doubt
this would work all that well with a toddler, though.
They're generally not willing to lie down in the tub ;-)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old February 18th 04, 04:29 AM
George Orwell

Here is an excellent source of information on baby bathing.

Baby survives after hit-and-run driver drags stroller a mile Le Mod Pol General 57 February 11th 04 11:17 PM
Co-sleeping question [email protected] General 13 January 23rd 04 11:34 PM
Coping w/o a highchair, w/hyper baby Nevermind General 18 December 16th 03 02:26 AM
RECALL: Baby Walkers Truffles General 7 September 13th 03 03:35 AM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM