DD is better!

Old February 22nd 04, 07:04 PM
CY

Default DD is better!

My DD is better now after almost a week of vomiting, diarrea and then ear
and bladder infections. It was no fun.

She is now incredibly clingly and whiny, and throws tantrums or cries at the
drop of a hat. I do hope this is just because she doesn't feel good and
it's not the terrible two's. It's driving me to insanity!!

Thanks for your well wishes!

CY
And a two-year-old-who's-still-nursing!

Old February 22nd 04, 07:10 PM
New York Jen

"CY" wrote in message
My DD is better now after almost a week of vomiting, diarrea and then ear
and bladder infections. It was no fun.

She is now incredibly clingly and whiny, and throws tantrums or cries at

the
drop of a hat. I do hope this is just because she doesn't feel good and
it's not the terrible two's. It's driving me to insanity!!

Thanks for your well wishes!

CY
And a two-year-old-who's-still-nursing!

Glad she's feeling better!

Just for the record, the very next day after turning 2, Laszlo's behavior
shifted. He has been throwing tantrums, refusing to sleep and is not sick
at all (thank goodness). I keep saying that we shouldn't have ever told him
he was 2 and maybe he wouldn't have realized that he was supposed to act
this way! My mom has started telling him that he's 4. :-)

Jen, hoping this will pass before mister terrible 2 becomes a big brother in
a matter of days/weeks!

Old February 22nd 04, 07:48 PM
CY

Oh God, I hope this is not the case - though that's just how I feel. It was
literally days after her 2nd birthday that this all began. Already I''m
thinking of enrolling her in pre-school! LOL!!
"New York Jen" wrote in message
t...

Old February 22nd 04, 10:06 PM
Sue

I'm glad she is feeling better.

FWIW, I never had any troubles at two. When they turned three now is a
different story. If I had to go through another three year old stage again,
you would probably have to put me in a rubber room ;o)
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 23rd 04, 12:47 AM
H Schinske

Sue wrote:

FWIW, I never had any troubles at two. When they turned three now is a
different story. If I had to go through another three year old stage again,
you would probably have to put me in a rubber room ;o)

Mine had the tough times at the half-year mark, which I am pretty sure was
connected to it being midwinter at the time. Around their second and third
birthdays they were not too bad at all. One and a half, two and a half, three
and a half -- those were all kind of bad.

--Helen
Old February 23rd 04, 02:40 AM
Shannon G

FWIW, I never had any troubles at two. When they turned three now is a
different story. If I had to go through another three year old stage

again,
you would probably have to put me in a rubber room ;o)
--

I AGREE!! Odd years, at least at our house, seem much worse than the even
ones. Age 2 was a breeze compared to what I've been going through lately.

Shannon - with a 15 month DD and 3 1/2 yo DS

Old February 23rd 04, 02:27 PM
Nikki

Shannon G wrote:
FWIW, I never had any troubles at two. When they turned three now is
a different story. If I had to go through another three year old
stage again, you would probably have to put me in a rubber room ;o)
--

I AGREE!! Odd years, at least at our house, seem much worse than the
even ones. Age 2 was a breeze compared to what I've been going
through lately.

Shannon - with a 15 month DD and 3 1/2 yo DS

Hunter was harder at 3 then 2 but in generally he was fairly easy anyway.
If we wouldn't have had the diaper/dressing issue in there it would have
been even easier. Luke has been a challenge at two. I'm praying that three
(when he can do even more things by himself) is a little easier because if
he gets worse I'm making him and his dad move out ;-)

--
Nikki
Mama to Hunter (4) and Luke (2)

Old February 23rd 04, 06:57 PM
Sue

Yes, we are experiencing the odd years to be stressful also. I have an
11-year-old and a 7-year-old and they are really testing my patience lately.
Lucky for me I also have an 8-year-old and she is a delight.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)