I'm selling them all to the gypsies!

Old August 21st 03, 04:30 PM
Elizabeth Reid

Default I'm selling them all to the gypsies!

"Nikki" wrote in message news:3f42e64e_2@newsfeed...
Circe wrote:
Oh, boy, I love my kids, but sometimes, they really test me! Since I
took over from Ninian (my au pair) less than an hour ago, it has been
a non-stop whine-, fight-, cryfest. Aurora has peed her pants (got to
the bathroom just a tad too late), Vernon has tripped and fallen
twice, and Julian stubbed his toe badly enough to make it bleed.
Aurora and Julian have fought over a pair of identical sofa pillows,
Vernon is desperate to sit in Aurora's booster seat despite the fact
that he has his own across the table, and Aurora wants Vernon's sippy
cup instead of the cup I gave her. Oh, for Calgon to take me away!

It's a darn good thing they're so cute when they'e sleeping...

Ha - isn't that the truth. Must be something in the air. Hunter threw a
wopping fit for 30 minutes yesterday because I wouldn't hold *Luke*. Jeez.

I long to be a SAHM and then I have a day like this and I nearly dance to
work ;-)

I hope it gets out of the air soon. My normally smiley Sam is
still being a cranky clinging monkey; doesn't want to be put
down, isn't happy being carried, clearly wants *something* but
is unable to communicate what. Then, in his rare moments of
cheerfulness and independence, I put him down and he hurts
himself immediately.

He's alternating it with just enough 'aren't I cute' moments
to keep me from auctioning him off on eBay. So far.

Beth
Sam 8/16/2002
Old August 21st 03, 05:19 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Nikki wrote:

lizzard woman wrote:

I can trace ~50% of the rancor

between my girls to being tired.

Hunter, my ordinarily peaceful boy becomes a force to be reckoned with when
he gets overly tired. Naughty, whiny, tantrumy, pushes buttons with parents
and little brother.

Absolutely. You can set your watch by Colin. If
he's spiraling into absolute hellish behavior, betcha
anything it's 8pm ;-) Apparently, his ears stop working
precisely at 8pm. People think we're too strict with
bedtime, but I suspect if they lived with Colin, they'd
learn to be strict about it too! (Not that Colin fights
bedtime at all--he's generally happy to go then.)

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old August 21st 03, 05:32 PM
Tracy Cramer

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:05:32 -0700, "Circe" wrote:

It's a darn good thing they're so cute when they'e sleeping...

Your kids sleep? All at the same time??

While I haven't thought about selling them to the gypsies, I have considered
eBaying 'em.

My 9 yo DD and 8 yo DS spend every minute of every day bickering, usually about
really stupid stuff. The 9 yo only talks in that pre-pubescent whine. The 8 yo
can't understand why it frazzles Mom's nerves when he slams the door every time
he enters the house ("I forgot!"). And the 3 yo is right in the middle with her
attitude (all is black and white; she's either extremely happy or extremely
miserable).

Add in the fact that due to a combo of insomnia and the 3 yo being off her sleep
schedule, I've only averaged about 4 hours of sleep a night for the past couple
of weeks.

School starts in 2 weeks and it will be nice and quiet here again...at least
until they get home from school each day and we start on the darn homework. Ugh.

Tracy
======================================
We child proofed our home 3 years ago
and they're still getting in!
======================================
Old August 21st 03, 08:40 PM
Mary Gordon

I think the gypsies must be facing an over supply. I've been trying to
sell them my three for weeks.

You are not alone - the two things that drive me around the bend are
a) miserable attention getting carrying on (whining, snivelling,
fussing, tantrums)
b) sibling fighting over idiotic things you'd think would be too minor
to bother expending energy over.

MEG
Old August 25th 03, 03:47 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
Noreen Cooper wrote:

Circe wrote:

: Seriously, though I feel a bit guilty for complaining about them. Within an
: hour, they were *much* improved. It was like they were just possessed by
: demons for a short period of time there.

Hyperbole can be very healing. :-)

We all have moments like this, where we're willing to sell 'em to the
gypsies. I upset a friend greatly when I once said I was ready to toss my
baby out the window. She never had kids so she was aghast that I could
make such a statement. You have to be a parent to appreciate the humor
but we've all been there.

Noreen (btw, the misc.kids.family-life test group is back and up and
running at www.gweep.ca. Please stop by and check us out if you haven't
had a chance to do so).

My mom and dad sort of had two sets of kids: four of us born between
1952 and 1957, and two more born in 1968 and 1970. When the older set
was in our teens and the babies were still cute, they used to say they
thought all parents ought to be able to drown their first set, and try
again . . .

meh

Old August 25th 03, 03:49 AM
dragonlady

In article ,
"Denise" wrote:

--

Perhaps we could work out a swap for an equally annoying trio of children
I'll send you my 3 bickering mimis and you send me yours. At least then the

Any chance I can get in on this? This week isn't bad (but I've been
away for 5 days . . .) but there are times I'd gladly swap a 20 yo and
two 17 yos for up to five or six between, say, infancy and 10.

meh

Old August 25th 03, 04:00 AM
Noreen Cooper

dragonlady wrote:

: My mom and dad sort of had two sets of kids: four of us born between
: 1952 and 1957, and two more born in 1968 and 1970. When the older set
: was in our teens and the babies were still cute, they used to say they
: thought all parents ought to be able to drown their first set, and try
: again . . .

Who knows what I'll be saying when my son turns a teenager, since he'll be
too big to toss out the window by then. He's already showing some
premature signs of teenage-itis. I have a feeling it's not going to be
pretty.

Noreen
Old August 25th 03, 05:37 AM
Denise

"dragonlady" wrote in message

Any chance I can get in on this? This week isn't bad (but I've been
away for 5 days . . .) but there are times I'd gladly swap a 20 yo and
two 17 yos for up to five or six between, say, infancy and 10.

Eh...I'm not much for teenagers. My 17 year old sister was giving me a run
for my money till she ran away. But I'll send you the 3 toddlers for free

Old August 25th 03, 05:39 AM
R. Steve Walz

Noreen Cooper wrote:

dragonlady wrote:

: My mom and dad sort of had two sets of kids: four of us born between
: 1952 and 1957, and two more born in 1968 and 1970. When the older set
: was in our teens and the babies were still cute, they used to say they
: thought all parents ought to be able to drown their first set, and try
: again . . .

Who knows what I'll be saying when my son turns a teenager, since he'll be
too big to toss out the window by then. He's already showing some
premature signs of teenage-itis. I have a feeling it's not going to be
pretty.

Noreen

With THAT attitude he'll probably kill you, and you'll deserve it
richly!
Steve