Ken Pangborn reneges on word

Old March 5th 07, 05:17 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
0:->

Default Ken Pangborn didn't reneg on word

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1114110820.htm

Source: Society for Research in Child Development

The study grew out of existing controversies over whether parents
should spank their children or use other forms of physical discipline.
While some experts argue that physical discipline should never be used
because of evidence that it is related to more, rather than fewer,
child behavior problems and might escalate into physical abuse, others
argue that the effects of physical discipline might depend on
characteristics of children and families and the circumstances in which
physical discipline is used.

To find out if the latter theory was valid, researchers from Duke
University in North Carolina, Chinese University of Hong Kong,
Göteborg University in Sweden, the University of Naples, the
University of Rome and the Istituto Universitario di Scienze Motorie in
Italy, Chiang Mai University in Thailand, the University of Delhi in
India, the University of Oregon and California State University-Long
Beach questioned 336 mothers and their children in China, India, Italy,
Kenya, the Philippines, and Thailand about cultural norms surrounding
the use of physical discipline and how it affects children's aggression
and anxiety.

They first asked mothers how often they physically disciplined their
children, and then asked mothers and children how often they thought
other parents in their country physically disciplined their children.
Finally, they asked mothers and children how often the child worries,
is fearful, gets in fights, bullies others and other questions to
measure children's aggression and anxiety.

The researchers found differences in how often mothers used physical
discipline and the mothers' perceptions of how often other parents used
physical discipline. Specifically:

* Mothers in Thailand were least likely to physically discipline
their children, followed by mothers in China, the Philippines, Italy,
India, and Kenya, with mothers in Kenya most likely to physically
discipline their children.
* More frequent use of physical discipline was less strongly
associated with child aggression and anxiety when it was perceived as
being more culturally accepted, but physical discipline was also
associated with more aggression and anxiety regardless of the
perception of cultural acceptance.
* In countries in which physical discipline was more common and
culturally accepted, children who were physically disciplined were less
aggressive and less anxious than children who were physically
disciplined in countries where physical discipline was rarely used.
* In all countries, however, higher use of physical discipline was
associated with more child aggression and anxiety.

"One implication of our findings is the need for caution in making
recommendations about parenting practices across different cultural
groups," said lead researcher Jennifer Lansford, Ph.D., a research
scientist at the Center for Child and Family Policy at Duke University.
"A particular parenting practice may become a problem only if parents
use it in a cultural context that does not support the practice (for
example, if they migrate from one country to another)."

However, she notes, some practices that were condoned historically
(e.g., child labor) are now condemned, at least in certain countries.
"A larger question is whether a parenting practice is acceptable,
regardless of whether it occurs commonly within a cultural group."

###

Summarized from Child Development, Vol. 76, Issue 6, Physical
Discipline and Children's Adjustment: Cultural Normativeness as a
Moderator by Lansford JE. Dodge KA Malone PS and Quinn N. (Duke
University), Chang L (Chinese University of Hong Kong), Oburu P and
Palmérus K (Göteborg University), Bacchini D (University of Naples),
Pastorelli C and Bombi AS (Rome University), Zelli A (Istituto
Universitario di Scienze Motorie), Tapanya S(Chiang Mai University),
Chaudhary N (University of Delhi), Deater-Deckard K (University of
Oregon), and Manke B (California State University, Long Beach).
Copyright 2005 The Society for Research in Child Development, Inc. All
rights reserved.

Note: This story has been adapted from a news release issued by Society

Old March 5th 07, 01:15 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
krp

Default What ever you do folks, don't miss this one: R RRRRR .

PLEASE DAVID MOORE _RESCUE ME PLEASE PLEASE COME SAVE ME!!!
"0:-]" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:52:04 GMT, "KRP" wrote:

FRANTIC PLEA FOR HELP FROM THE STALKER!!

Stalker?

Yeah DIP**** - - STALKER!

I reply to your bull****, and Doan's, and I'M a stalker?

No I am referring to your DESPERATE and PATHATIC attempts to try to troll
Mr. Moore to come save your PANSY ass Kane!

PLEASE DAVID COME HELP ME PLEASSAE PLEASE PLEASE SAVE ME!

Yeah right, before you then said 100% of the bull**** on his page was
accurate about meZ!

Did I? You can produce some citations for that that aren't YOU putting
words in my mouth? Produce my VERY OWN WORDS THAT SAY I ACCEPTED
EVERYTHING MOORE SAID AS ACCURATE?

PLEASE MOORE SAVE ME SAVE ME SAVE ME I'll add the Dads group so you know
that Kenny is picking on me again. PLEASE HELP! PLEASE POST YOUR ABOUT KEN
PANGBORN WEBSITE so I don't look like the TOTAL LOSER I am!
PLEASE HELP MOORE!!! PLEASE HELP ME! HELP HELP HELP! EMERGENCY HELP HELP!

Kane everyone sees it.

Old March 5th 07, 01:16 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
krp

"Doan" wrote in message

FRANTIC PLEA FOR HELP FROM THE STALKER!!

Stalker?

I reply to your bull****, and Doan's, and I'M a stalker?

Well, Kane. You add the other newsgroups in your cross-posting to invite
your friends in. Don't you remember that? Hihihi

At this point his attempts to solicit Mr. Moore's help is over the line of
HYSTERIA!
The funny part is that Kane thinks NOBODY can see how desperate he is to be
rescued by Mr. Moore.

Old March 5th 07, 06:24 PM posted to alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:-]

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:15:14 GMT, "KRP" wrote:

PLEASE DAVID MOORE _RESCUE ME PLEASE PLEASE COME SAVE ME!!!
"0:-]" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:52:04 GMT, "KRP" wrote:

FRANTIC PLEA FOR HELP FROM THE STALKER!!

Stalker?

Yeah DIP**** - - STALKER!

I merely asked you, and still ask you, to produce two things...proof
of your claim about my using "CAUSE" to claim that spanking is linked
to aggression in children, and that wonderful evidence you refer to
about sociopathy and un spanked or non spanked children.

And if you aren't here, how can I stalk you?

You aren't are you? As I recall you said you were giving up posting to
Usenet.

I reply to your bull****, and Doan's, and I'M a stalker?

No I am referring to your DESPERATE and PATHATIC attempts to try to troll
Mr. Moore to come save your PANSY ass Kane!

If you mean I'm a homosexual, I'm not, though I've no problem like you
apparently do with homosexuality.

And if Moore was going to come save my "ass," he'd have very light
work of it, as I have already.

PLEASE DAVID COME HELP ME PLEASSAE PLEASE PLEASE SAVE ME!

Yeah right, before you then said 100% of the bull**** on his page was
accurate about meZ!

Did I? You can produce some citations for that that aren't YOU putting
words in my mouth? Produce my VERY OWN WORDS THAT SAY I ACCEPTED
EVERYTHING MOORE SAID AS ACCURATE?

PLEASE MOORE SAVE ME SAVE ME SAVE ME I'll add the Dads group so you know
that Kenny is picking on me again. PLEASE HELP! PLEASE POST YOUR ABOUT KEN
PANGBORN WEBSITE so I don't look like the TOTAL LOSER I am!
PLEASE HELP MOORE!!! PLEASE HELP ME! HELP HELP HELP! EMERGENCY HELP HELP!

Kane everyone sees it.

Ah, you got the point then.

Everybody sees you are afraid for others to see your "debate," Ken.

After all, all you have to do is show with your evidence that I indeed
claimed that spanking "CAUSES" and evidence to support your
affirmation that non-spanking is related to sociopathy in children.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...4d74d63?hl=en&

.... There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children. ...

"Produce," Ken?

"Can produce?"

Is "produce" a positive claim of cause?

So back to the drawing bored, ho hum Ken, and see what new dodge you
can create. This one is wearing quite thin.

And do you really consider yourself so formidable that anyone, even a
grade schooler would need help dealing with your lies and bull****?

0;]

(and yes, it's back. I wouldn't want anyone missing seeing you kicking
my "PANSY ass Kane!" Ken. Don't YOU want them to see a bull silverback
at work?)

alt.dads-rights.unmoderated

Old March 5th 07, 09:11 PM posted to alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
0:-]

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:16:36 GMT, "KRP" wrote:

"Doan" wrote in message

FRANTIC PLEA FOR HELP FROM THE STALKER!!

Stalker?

I reply to your bull****, and Doan's, and I'M a stalker?

Well, Kane. You add the other newsgroups in your cross-posting to invite
your friends in. Don't you remember that? Hihihi

At this point his attempts to solicit Mr. Moore's help is over the line of
HYSTERIA!
The funny part is that Kane thinks NOBODY can see how desperate he is to be
rescued by Mr. Moore.

And anyone can see how desperate you are to not let anyone at your old
wallowing grounds see you get your ass kicked so royally.

What was that place again?

Oh yeah, the one you keep removing from the addies....rr r r r r

alt.dads-rights.unmoderated

Why are you so afraid of them seeing "My desperation," Ken?

r r r r RR R R R R R R R .. how did you get this dumb? A Doankey sit
on you when you were little?

And your head is still up his ass?

alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
alt.dads-rights.unmoderated
alt.dads-rights.unmoderated rrrr.r.r..r..r.

Old March 5th 07, 11:55 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
krp

"0:-]" wrote in message

FRANTIC PLEA FOR HELP FROM THE STALKER!!

Stalker?

I reply to your bull****, and Doan's, and I'M a stalker?

Well, Kane. You add the other newsgroups in your cross-posting to
invite
your friends in. Don't you remember that? Hihihi

At this point his attempts to solicit Mr. Moore's help is over the line of
HYSTERIA!
The funny part is that Kane thinks NOBODY can see how desperate he is to
be
rescued by Mr. Moore.

And anyone can see how desperate you are to not let anyone at your old
wallowing grounds see you get your ass kicked so royally.

PLEASE DAVEY MOORE HELP KANE!

OH POOR KANE IS LOSING

Come on Kane BEG for Moore! PLEASE PLEASE HELP KANE! EMERGENCY! Kane is
losing.
Post the about KEN web address again PLEASE HELP KANE he's DESPERATE!

Old March 5th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents
krp

"0:-]" wrote in message

No I am referring to your DESPERATE and PATHATIC attempts to try to troll
Mr. Moore to come save your PANSY ass Kane!

If you mean I'm a homosexual, I'm not, though I've no problem like you
apparently do with homosexuality.

No Kane - a PANSY can be gay or can be straight, just a SISSY a little CRY
BABY momma's boy loser!
Keep on begging for Moore's help. You're a pathetic joke Kane. You NEED
Moore. DESPERATELY!

Old March 6th 07, 01:15 AM posted to alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,soc.men
0:-]

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 23:55:51 GMT, "KRP" wrote:

"0:-]" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

You don't honestly think that has the least effect on me or fools
anyone that's been following our exchange, do you? titter

Here is an exchange with you on a thread that Moore figured in. Notice
my demand is addressed to TWO people.

Who are they?

"
Why is this important? Because when I was in Cuba there was a torrent of
forgeries that were blamed on me BY Moore.

Post the dates, with proof, of both his claims and your trip.

Moore, I expect you to do the same, especially if Ken dodges and
won't, and simply make more claims with out posting supporting
evidence."

You had already, though I was challenging Dave Moore equally, started
to run away from my request for proof. You've been consistent, I'll
say that for you, runner.

I've expressly asked David not to engage in our "debate," on any
subject. If he does it would be at his own discretion, but I reject
any input on our debate.

Now those you keep talking about, especially since they had no dog in
this fight, such as Ron who you blatantly lied about, certainly might
be attracted and have a thing or two to say to you.

That's their choice. I can't keep them away.

Here's a little thought for you.

A bit of "Down Memory Lane."

When you first challenged me, Ken, on issues related to spanking, I
said I did not wish to debate the subject in any other group but the
spanking group. You deliberately cross posted to other groups, in
silly defiance...you were, apparently, --going to show me who was boss
here-- and I continued for a time to request that venue.

You persisted. So, Ken, here we are.

I would have posted our debate nowhere else. But who started it, Ken?

You wanted cross posting. You got cross posting.

You thought you were going to show off your ability to debate and
destroy your opponent, didn't you, Ken? Hmmmmmm?

How is it you have become so shy, so timid, so retiring and modest
now?

What would logic tell you?

In fact, my request came immediately after you had joined the
discussion on the International study, and made this comment...you'll
see my response directly below. Then I have a final question:

There is NO scientifically acceptable evidence that spanking causes
aggression in Children. There is considerable evidence that a lack of
spanking can produce sociopathy in children.

Happy to discuss these claims with you in alt.parenting.spanking.
Cross
posting to any other newsgroup will give you an easy way out when you
are proven wrong and can't support you claim with evidence.

We on then?

From the point on did you post to aps only, or did I continue to
request that you do and you defiantly stomped your little foot and
kept adding cross post addies?

Let's see, shall we then.

Well, as usual, the miscreant was Doan. He deliberately disregarded my
request. You then posted to him with his cross post intact and
present...to ascps.

Doan's posted lie you responded to in the thread:

"
Do you know that Kane is a "never-spanked" boy?

Wouldn't surprise me.

I asked you to confine debate on this issue to
alt.parenting.spanking."

And my reply to you above.

You replied with your first lie in that thread:

Me first, then you, Ken
"
I asked you to confine debate on this issue to alt.parenting.spanking.

No you didn't ask ME, but it applies in both places."

Then, most oddly indeed, in reply to MY post, you addressed someone
that had not posted to that thread a single post...Ron:

"
Ron there are children who self discipline. They never need a spanking.

He made clear to you that he had not posted and had no interest in
posting, and before you long you had him with an entire repertoire of
"posted comments" that included your claim he admitted not having and
data to support his claim of spanking "causes" aggression.

A rather odd lie by you, given that Ron had not posted anything on the
subject and nothing to the thread except to tell you he had no
interest.

Because he had NO interest at all and had never posted to the thread
prior, he snipped your comments and citations, and told you he was not
interested.

You came back at him accusing him of snipping your comments, as though
he was in debate with you.

You are disgusting. That was the proper time to say a polite, "Oh, my
mistake, and apology."

And leave off.

Instead you have continued THAT lie, and continued the lie about me,
and continued during that period to cross post.

You will see, if you care to check the posts throughout the thread, a
little battle going on between Doan and myself replacing and removing
the ascps addy.

So you might want to thank him for setting up the cross posting
theme...0:]

At one point you again abused our Constitutional rights of free
speech, by posting to and attacking Ron, uninvolved with the debate of
this thread to this point with this blather:

First you, then Ron. He sounds like he might have run out of patience
with your lie that he had a dog in your fight.
"
Yeah they are but feel FREE to show us your "SCIENTIFIC PROOF" that
spanking CAUSES aggression in children.
So you can "DEBATE" me.

I don't have any such proof ken, and have never claimed it. The only
thing

I have proven is that you are a liar, again. But you should be
getting that point by now, everyone else is.
"
What an enormously patient man he was. You kept putting words in his
mouth and HE kept handing them back to you. Yet you went on to even
very recently with your bull**** about Ron and the thread.

Now so far, there had been NO other newsgroups involved, Ken. Just
asp, and ascps, which I finally stopped removing, because I was
enjoying YOU stupidly advertising how very unethical and dishonest you
were, especially in continually attacking Ron as though he had some
investment in the debate.

And Greegor pops up to challenge me about Ron, suggesting I, or Ron
just say he (Ron) and I disagreed on the spanking issue.

I responded, then in the very next post from Greg, greegor to you,
guess what newsgroups are added to the list?

From: "Greegor"
Newsgroups:
alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.supp ort.foster-parents
Subject: Spanking Leads To Child Aggression And Anxiety,
Regardless Of Cultural Norm
Date: 15 Jan 2007 16:12:52 -0800

So, Mr. Pangborn, if you have a concern about someone calling Mr.
Moore for help, I'd suggest you take your concerns up with Greg, and
live with what YOU created. Your bed.

YOU could have removed those extra addies, including adu. Did you?

No, Doan did it for you. Interesting, eh? I think he know his white
knight was getting his ass kicked and did you a little favor.

And I've decided that Greg was right. Everyone he wanted to have seem
me get my "pansy ass whipped" should indeed have a chance to watch the
action.

Unless I miss your removal you can expect every post with your name in
it, even if I'm not talking to you, to got to those all those
newsgroups, from now on.

I wouldn't want anyone to miss the grand spectacle of Ken Pangborn
whuppin' ass again. Like in his past.

0:-]

Old March 6th 07, 01:21 AM posted to alt.support.child-protective-services,alt.parenting.spanking,alt.support.foster-parents,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,soc.men
0:->

KRP wrote:
"0:-]" wrote in message

No I am referring to your DESPERATE and PATHATIC attempts to try to troll
Mr. Moore to come save your PANSY ass Kane!

If you mean I'm a homosexual, I'm not, though I've no problem like you
apparently do with homosexuality.

No Kane - a PANSY can be gay or can be straight, just a SISSY a little CRY
BABY momma's boy loser!

Then you have a problem with effeminate men? I've known a few that could
easily whip your ass, sonny boy.

Keep on begging for Moore's help.

Show where I have.

You're a pathetic joke Kane.

I'm glad you are amused.

You NEED
Moore. DESPERATELY!

I do? For what? To help me get you to tell the truth and stop these
little evasions you've now fallen into, just like old times?

Care to debate the issue of non-spanked children and sociopathy?

How about an international study that you say is "Junk science ... junk?"

0:]

reading Stephanie General 65 November 28th 05 07:23 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 November 18th 05 05:35 AM
Teaching a 5 yo to read Jim General 42 May 2nd 05 02:59 AM
A praise report. PRAISE GOD!!! [email protected] Solutions 8 April 23rd 05 02:44 PM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 September 29th 04 05:17 AM