Off Bedrest!

Old July 10th 03, 11:28 PM
Vicki S

Default Off Bedrest!

Chotii wrote:
... My OB said on Tuesday that I could go another month. Oh please no.
The irony of spending almost 12 weeks in bed, only to have baby not come
for another 4 weeks after I got out of bed, would be too cruel.

Well, that would be nutty, ironic, and even downright unfair, but being
off bedrest does give you the opportunity to get some exercise to
prepare for the birth. Since you are so uncomfortable (been there with
the loose joints myself - ugh) perhaps swimming would be a good option?

I can hardly imagine trying to give birth after being forced to not
exercise for three whole months. I'd have been a wreck! But I'm not
only chronically out of shape, but also a massive wimp. So I'm
sure you'll do better than I would have.

---
--- Vicki in Indiana

Married my dear husband Joshua on May 21, 1995.
Ima shel ds, born 11/16/99 and breastfed for 22 months;
and Ima shel dd, still nursing. Born at home, 05/19/02.
http://www.geocities.com/vyxter/
An ounce of mother is worth a pound of clergy. -Spanish proverb
Baby names I like: Theodore, Corinne, Lionel, Adele, Timothy, Amelia,
Chloe, Orlando.
Old July 11th 03, 03:40 AM
Em

"Chotii" wrote in message
"Em" wrote in message
Glad you're up & about at last, angela! Good job for keeping the baby
cooking for so long! (watch s/he be overdue now...;-)

Oooh, don't say *that*. I'm in too much pain now! Baby feels so darned
*low*, its little head pinching my cervix every time I get up. Plus my
pelvis hurts - the sacrum is getting loose from the bones on either side,

so
every time I get up I have to take a few very painful, unsteady steps

until
things settle into place and work properly. Baby's head is not engaged

(and
I don't expect it to be) but I've managed to get baby's back swung around
now so its little butt is usually positioned under one breast or the

other,
instead of being back against my kidneys. I'm hoping this counts as
'anterior' because dangit, I really want to go into this labor with as

many
things in my favor as possible.

I hope I didn't jinx you with my "overdue" comment hangs head in shame
:-( I figure that it is a highly unlikely possibility, which is why it felt
"safe" to joke about!

I'm having many contractions a day, and these are not 'braxton hicks'. For
one thing, they *hurt*. Sometimes enough to make me whimper. But of course
they don't recur or become regular (or they do, even as much as every 4-6
minutes for a half hour, but then they die off). They're just a little
stronger all the time. My OB said on Tuesday that I could go another

month.
Oh please no. The irony of spending almost 12 weeks in bed, only to have
baby not come for another 4 weeks after I got out of bed, would be too
cruel.

Sounds like you're definitely gearing up for real labor. Does it feel kind
of funny to have gone from "hang in there for a few more weeks" to "I'm so
uncomfortable, I want you born!"?

I think it is so great that you hung in there for those 12 weeks though!Good
work! Hope baby shows up pretty soon.

--
Em
edd 9/23/03