need ideas for 13th birthday party

Old April 9th 04, 05:13 PM
Sandie Hudson

Default need ideas for 13th birthday party

I am looking for birthday party ideas to help my daughter celebrate turning
13. She tells me this one is important because she is becoming a teen.

Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thanks
--
Sandie
- Don't forget to take the cats out.

Old April 9th 04, 07:53 PM

This will largely depend on what your daughter's interested in and what
your budget is for the party. A few ideas:
* "Grown-up" evening out: dinner at a reasonably nice place, and
perhaps a play/ concert/ movie afterwards, for your daughter and 1-3
close friends.
* Big sleepover party for as many friends as your home can hold,
with lots of movies and munchies.
* Trip to a day spa or salon with a few girlfriends for manicures
& the works.
* Big BBQ in the park, or even (for a smaller # of guests) an
overnight camping trip, with equipment for frisbee, softball, & other
active outdoor pursuits.
* Festive birthday meal at home, either followed or preceded by a
group trip to the sporting/ entertainment event of your choice.

Figure out what you're willing & able to spend on the party, talk to
your daughter about what she has in mind, and take it from there.

-HB

In article ,
says...

Old April 12th 04, 10:59 PM
merissasmimi

I'm raising a granddaughter who is turning 13 in May. We've decided to do a
bowling party with a twist. The local university has lanes in its student
union that are lighted -neon lights down the lanes, black lights, even
lighted bowling balls. It's called "glow bowling." They also have video
games, a snack bar, etc. A 2-hour session for 10 kids is very reasonable
and we can bring our own birthday cake - no candles, though.

Old April 13th 04, 03:16 PM
lunchlady

"Sandie Hudson" wrote in message ...
I am looking for birthday party ideas to help my daughter celebrate turning
13. She tells me this one is important because she is becoming a teen.

Any and all ideas are welcome.
Thanks

When my daughter turned 13 last month, we had a "chocolate party".
(What's more important to womanhood than chocolate??) We had 12
girls, served brownie sundaes, prepared several types of chocolates,
did chocolate crafts (M&M mosaics)and showed "Charlie and the
Chocolate Factory". The girls had a great time, and everyone got a
box of the treats they'd made to take home. My daughter made each
guest a personalized apron to wear for the cooking, which was good,
since they did get a little crazy with the melted chocolate. (Think
of the warpaint the tribes put on to distinguish themselves on
"Survivor"!) I gave up on serving a chocolate dinner at the start,
as the only thing I could really come up with for an entree was
chicken mole, and several girls were vegetarians. We did have
chocolate chip bagels and cocoa for breakfast, though!

Whatever you do, have fun!
Old April 13th 04, 04:36 PM
Beth Kevles

When I turned 13 my parents took me and one friend to a very fancy
restaurant for dinner. We were serenaded by the restaurant's
violinist. It was elegant, grown-up, and it still stands out as one of
my favorite birthdays.

--Beth Kevles

like me to reply.