Jenny Lind Bed Parts

Old September 11th 04, 04:20 AM
mypet

Default Jenny Lind Bed Parts

Well, while the baby was gone to ped today the baby bed was supposed
to be put together...and would have been except there were some parts
missing!

Does anyone know where replacement brackets and/or parts can be found
for a Jenny Lind baby bed?
Old September 11th 04, 01:30 PM
Sue

Have you tried calling the Jenny Lind company itself? Do you have a manual
with the number on it?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

om...

Old September 12th 04, 12:52 AM
mypet

There was info on baby bedding, but I didn't find anything in to
my request for replacement parts for a baby crib.

Check out my website for info on baby bedding and parts:
http://www.baby-product-guide.com/baby-bedding.html

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

Old September 12th 04, 01:19 AM
Jamie Clark

Yeah, I don't think he read your original post very well.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://www.geocities.com/clarkadopt2004/

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
There was info on baby bedding, but I didn't find anything in to
my request for replacement parts for a baby crib.

Check out my website for info on baby bedding and parts:
http://www.baby-product-guide.com/baby-bedding.html

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.baby-product-guide.com

. com...

Old September 12th 04, 01:44 AM
newfy.1

"mypet" wrote in message
om...
Well, while the baby was gone to ped today the baby bed was supposed
to be put together...and would have been except there were some parts
missing!

Does anyone know where replacement brackets and/or parts can be found
for a Jenny Lind baby bed?

Bummer. That is so frustrating. Who makes the bed? Jenny Lind is a style of
furniture, not a brand. It would help to know who the manufactuarer is.

JennP.

Old September 14th 04, 03:28 AM
mypet

More bad news. The manufacturer was Okla Homer Smith Furniture
Company in Fort Smith AR and upon checking the crib I have was
recalled due to loosening slats in 1995! I checked and this crib does
not have any loose slats but they said a child in a shelter died in
one that did.
The article says that I can call a 1-800 # (which is Cosco
appparently) to get a free retrofit kit. Anybody know what a retrofit
kit is?
I wonder if they will have replacement parts for a recalled crib or if
they even WANT to use a fixed recalled crib.

Old September 15th 04, 02:51 AM
Rebecca McGraw

mypet wrote:
More bad news. The manufacturer was Okla Homer Smith Furniture
Company in Fort Smith AR and upon checking the crib I have was
recalled due to loosening slats in 1995! I checked and this crib does
not have any loose slats but they said a child in a shelter died in
one that did.
The article says that I can call a 1-800 # (which is Cosco
appparently) to get a free retrofit kit. Anybody know what a retrofit
kit is?
I wonder if they will have replacement parts for a recalled crib or if
they even WANT to use a fixed recalled crib.

That's almost the crib I have also... I bought it second hand. Mine is
Okla Homer Smith, Jenny Lind style with spindles on the end pieces and
plain round slats. The part number on my crib wasn't one listed in the
recall, I don't think. However, I went over it with a fine-tooth comb
and NOTHING is even remotely loose. Since it's all wood I figure I'll
just keep a close eye on things and fix problems if/when they arise.
Unnamed Daughter would have to really work at it to loosen slats on this
crib! I expect shelter cribs get a pretty hard workout; more use than a
one-child bedroom anyway. I can see where they might get loose and
wobbly pretty fast.

I say call the 800# and see if you can get parts. Since Okla Homer Smith
supplies for Costco, maybe parts for other Costco wooden cribs will
work? Or, if you like, I can borrow my brother's digital camera and take
a photo of the parts I have and you can maybe compare them to what you
have and see what is missing. It's worth a shot if you want to try.

OTOH, the peace of mind new vs. recalled crib might be worth the
couple of hundred dollars to buy a new crib.

Let me know,
Rebecca