Thanks for replies about weight loss during pregnancy.

Old January 13th 05, 08:30 PM
2big

Default Thanks for replies about weight loss during pregnancy.

I appreciate each persons answer and find the tips helpful.

I'd like to ask one more question. Pregnancy for me isn't a pleasant
experience. Except for the baby involved the whole ordeal is a burden.
The reason being is because of the constant woes of pregnancy. I usually
have headaches throughout and nausea and a few other things. Well
regardless of this, and before I run the risk of whining, can anyone
suggest any overall treatment that they may have recieved that was helpful
for any of the woes of pregnancy. Thanks.

Old January 13th 05, 09:35 PM
Irrational Number

2big wrote:

I appreciate each persons answer and find the tips helpful.

I'd like to ask one more question. Pregnancy for me isn't a pleasant
experience. Except for the baby involved the whole ordeal is a burden.
The reason being is because of the constant woes of pregnancy. I usually
have headaches throughout and nausea and a few other things. Well
regardless of this, and before I run the risk of whining, can anyone
suggest any overall treatment that they may have recieved that was helpful
for any of the woes of pregnancy. Thanks.

Sorry, no help here, but sympathies! Just
as a disclaimer, I wanted my first child, I
want this second child, I wanted to get
pregnant, I planned everything. BUT, pregnancy
just plain sucks. There's the horrible nausea
and occasional vomiting. As soon as that's over
and you think you catch a break, there go the
ligaments stretching and aches and pains
everywhere. I can't eat a lot at one sitting,
the baby on my stomach makes me physically
nauseous (as opposed to hormonally nauseous),
I have to pee all the time, I can't take a
deep breath... Pregnancy just sucks. There
is nothing that can be done about this!

-- Anita --

Old January 13th 05, 10:32 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:30:48 -0500, 2big wrote:

I'd like to ask one more question. Pregnancy for me isn't a pleasant
experience. Except for the baby involved the whole ordeal is a burden.
The reason being is because of the constant woes of pregnancy. I usually
have headaches throughout and nausea and a few other things. Well
regardless of this, and before I run the risk of whining, can anyone
suggest any overall treatment that they may have recieved that was helpful
for any of the woes of pregnancy. Thanks.

I'm glad I could help anyway. As for the headaches, you can take some
tylenol if they get really bad. Ask your midwife or OB/GYN for the exact
dosage allowed in pregnancy. My experience is that little else helps but
taking it easy and relax or sleep whenever I have the opportunity.

As for morningsickness, eating little bites every hour helps to keep it
down. It seems that as long as I eat what I crave, it is OK. For me that
amounts to sour and bitter things, like buttermilk, grapefruit juice,
cheese. But that is extremely personal.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (July '02)

Old January 14th 05, 05:48 AM
Tracey

"2big" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
I appreciate each persons answer and find the tips helpful.

I'd like to ask one more question. Pregnancy for me isn't a pleasant
experience. Except for the baby involved the whole ordeal is a burden.
The reason being is because of the constant woes of pregnancy. I usually
have headaches throughout and nausea and a few other things. Well
regardless of this, and before I run the risk of whining, can anyone
suggest any overall treatment that they may have recieved that was helpful
for any of the woes of pregnancy. Thanks.

Zofran was a lifesaver for me when I was pregnant (and lost 35 lbs because
of my nonstop vomiting and nausea). However it is EXTREMELY expensive and a
last resort.

Old January 17th 05, 07:31 AM
SandyofGreatExpectations

I think that the Hollywood tabloids and pregnancy magazines
overglamorize pregnancy. It's a HUGE life and body makeover! Sometimes
it can be scarey, sickening, tiring, a boring drag, and even
depressing. Pregnant moms are very vulnerable to being physically
abused, too. Usually, the easiest part is in the middle -- about the
4th to 6th month (after the nausea goes away and your energy comes back
and before you get huge and cumbersome, can't sleep and exhaustion sets
in again). This is such a challenging experience! But as a grandma, I
can reassure you that it DOES get better over time, and there will be
beautiful and tender moments in caring for your child that you'll
never, never forget.

Old January 17th 05, 03:33 PM

can anyone
suggest any overall treatment that they may have recieved that was

helpful
for any of the woes of pregnancy.

Birth. :-)

One of my friends was quite fond of the rehydration IV by the end of
her hyperemesis too.

--
C, mama to two year old nursling