One T.V. with cable

Old September 24th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Tink

Default One T.V. with cable

I thought it was hard ignoring all the sports, and now thank god I am
rid of all of that. But now my boy since I have installed Cable wants
to watch non stop cartoon network. It seems the only time that I get to
watch the dam thing is when he goes to bed? Tink

Old September 25th 06, 01:30 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Zipadee

Tink wrote:
I thought it was hard ignoring all the sports, and now thank god I am
rid of all of that. But now my boy since I have installed Cable wants
to watch non stop cartoon network. It seems the only time that I get to
watch the dam thing is when he goes to bed? Tink

Your profile says you're a "computer tech". Doesn't that mean you
know how to use a spell checker and grammar checker?

As for what your boy wants - well, who is in charge at your
house, you or him? Assuming it is you, just tell him what
the rules are about TV watching. Pick some limits and stick
to them, whether they match what he wants or not! He may
scream or complain but parenthood isn't about making
your kid happy all the time. He doesn't NEED to watch
the cartoon network all the time to grow up a decent person.

Sometimes, if what you want to watch isn't appropriate for
him and it's during time when he's awake, you may not get
to watch it. Spend time WITH him - play a game, go out,
whatever.

-- Zip

Old September 25th 06, 03:05 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents
[email protected]

I thought you were leaving.

Althought it was pretty amusing reading you answer yourself with a fake
name in the other post.

Old September 26th 06, 08:25 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 25 Sep 2006 09:14:38 -0700, "Zipadee" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

wrote:
I thought you were leaving.

Althought it was pretty amusing reading you answer yourself with a fake
name in the other post.

I originally thought, like you, that the "friend" was a new name for
Tink. However, the friend could spell and write grammatically so
I don't think it is Tink. It probably is a friend of hers who she
dragged over here to write something supportive. Maybe she
could just get her friend to correct her posts.

-- Zip

The spelling and grammar were minor issues that only really spoke to why
she's having trouble with helping her child with schoolwork. Where does
one even start with that? Education issues should have been handled well
before parenthood.

The content of the other post, however, was ridiculous. It's awfully
hard to take someone seriously when they want the answer to how to stop
their child and animal from farting. One thinks, "Troll" when someone is
looking troll-like. When "friends" with free email addresses enter into
the mix, it's even more troll-like.

smirk and how do you spell relief ? ;-)

Old September 26th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.support.single-parents
Bev

'Kate wrote:
On 26 Sep 2006 12:25:27 -0700, "Bev" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

smirk and how do you spell relief ? ;-)

LOL
*PLONK*

ROFLOL!!!!!!

OH NO YOU DIDN'T..... Well then......*PLONK* you too! cheesey smile