awesome day today

Old July 11th 04, 12:39 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Default awesome day today

Just had to share... I FINALLY went swimming! We've actually been
having a much cooler summer than normal, this year. This is a Good
Thing for a pregnant woman, but it means that swimming had to be put off
for a bit. Anyway, today, we wandered around and enjoyed some local
festivities under a blazing sun. I got so unbelievably overheated that
we decided to head to my favourite swimming spot. The water was ice
cold! It was DELIGHTFUL! I only stayed in for maybe 15 minutes,
though, due to chilling out too much. ;-) I actually had a hard time
getting in, and an especially hard time dunking my head, just because
the water was so cold. The 15 minute dunk took care of my swelling,
though! All the swelling in my hands and feet went completely away.
Unfortunately, it's starting to come back in my hands, but my feet seem
OK (my hands didn't spend as much time in the water, so that might be why).

I was actually afraid to go swimming. I've been getting so unbelievably
huge that I was afraid of not being able to swim properly. Well, as it
turns out, no problem! I was also afraid that the kiddo would somehow
not like mommy being in the water. ;-) Again, no problem! (I was
afraid that my reaction to the cold water would have an affect on the
baby, but it didn't)

And now, finally, I have a tan on my back instead of just my arms. ;-)
I don't tan purposely (I'll pass on the early wrinkles and higher risk
of skin cancer, thanks), but I do at least like it when I match up when
wearing a bathing suit. I never get my legs to match my upper body,
though. They just don't get exposed enough, I guess.

Oh, and I thought I would float automatically, what with all this weight
I've gained. I figured it was all fat, which floats. NOPE. I
definitely sink. I guess I am retaining a lot of fluid.

....and probably the cutest thing of all was our little doggies, who were
forced to swim in their little doggie life jackets. ;-) I should have
taken a picture (darn! Next time!). Since there is no real shallow
part in this river (the shallowest part is right at the edge where you
get in, and the water is up to my ribs there), and since there is no
easy way for them to even get out of the water, we don't let the dogs go
in without something that floats.

Now, I have been planning on just how to introduce the baby to this
water... Next year certainly would be too young (we'll concentrate on a
kiddie pool next year). Maybe the year after that? I don't want to
freak the kid out to the point of being terrified of water for life.
Old July 11th 04, 02:10 AM
Shelly

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
Just had to share... I FINALLY went swimming! We've actually been
having a much cooler summer than normal, this year.

Oh, congrats, Vicky! I don't know what I would have done without the pool at
our local Y while I was pregnant; swimming was the only time I felt normal
during the last trimester. Hope you get to go again soon!

-Michelle

Old July 11th 04, 03:44 AM
Tori M.

Oh, and I thought I would float automatically, what with all this weight
I've gained. I figured it was all fat, which floats. NOPE. I
definitely sink. I guess I am retaining a lot of fluid.

That is funny.. I float with NO effort... If I got stranded in the middle of
the Ocean providing a Shark did not see me and see a Whopper I could float
forever.. My husband on the other hand sinks like a rock in the water.. I
guess it isnt my husband that is full of hot air

That said I got my poor abused husband to take me swimming today.. I just
love to swim but I am NOT walking the 3 miles to get to the lake (no
licence) so I asked him about 20 times if he was POSITIVE he did not want to
go swimming as my bottom was going numb playing yahtzee on the computer
today.

Tori
--
Bonnie 3/20/02
Xavier due 10/17/04

Old July 11th 04, 04:16 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Shelly wrote:
"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message

Just had to share... I FINALLY went swimming! We've actually been
having a much cooler summer than normal, this year.

Oh, congrats, Vicky! I don't know what I would have done without the pool at
our local Y while I was pregnant; swimming was the only time I felt normal
during the last trimester. Hope you get to go again soon!

Oh we plan on it. I didn't turn blue, so this was a good sign, IMO.
;-) I love swimming in cold water, but if I start turning blue, I
usually don't last too long. Gets a little hard to move the arms and
legs. ;-)
Old July 11th 04, 04:17 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Tori M. wrote:

That said I got my poor abused husband to take me swimming today.. I just
love to swim but I am NOT walking the 3 miles to get to the lake (no
licence) so I asked him about 20 times if he was POSITIVE he did not want to
go swimming as my bottom was going numb playing yahtzee on the computer
today.

Well here is my advantage: I'm the family driver. :-)
Old July 11th 04, 02:33 PM
Kim E.

That sounds like a great day!!! I have been meaning to find out where
the outdoor pools are around where I live - that just gave me incentive!
I haven't been swimming since we went on an all-inclusive vacation when
I was 5 months along - that was heaven - between the pool and ocean
water and all the food constantly available - I just want to go and live
for my whole pregnancy at an all-inclusive resort!

-kim

In article ,
says...

Old July 11th 04, 05:25 PM
Shelly

Shelly wrote:

Oh we plan on it. I didn't turn blue, so this was a good sign, IMO.
;-) I love swimming in cold water, but if I start turning blue, I
usually don't last too long. Gets a little hard to move the arms and
legs. ;-)

LOL! Does it ever! My brother and sisters and I do the Polar Bear dip in
Lake Michigan on New Years Day. This past year, my pregnancy was a
convenient excuse to skip a year. Now I'm wondering what my excuse will be
this coming year.

Old July 11th 04, 08:24 PM
Christine

what a cute story..;-))
Glad you enjoyed yourself...;-)))

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=9T8S0V9F5G

Old July 12th 04, 12:19 AM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Shelly wrote:

Oh we plan on it. I didn't turn blue, so this was a good sign, IMO.
;-) I love swimming in cold water, but if I start turning blue, I
usually don't last too long. Gets a little hard to move the arms and
legs. ;-)

LOL! Does it ever! My brother and sisters and I do the Polar Bear dip in
Lake Michigan on New Years Day. This past year, my pregnancy was a
convenient excuse to skip a year. Now I'm wondering what my excuse will be
this coming year.

The fact that it sucks to swim in snowy, icy water? ;-) They do
something like this around here every year, as well, but I would *never*
participate.
Old July 12th 04, 04:03 AM
Shelly

"Vicky Bilaniuk" wrote in message
.. .
Shelly wrote:
The fact that it sucks to swim in snowy, icy water? ;-) They do
something like this around here every year, as well, but I would *never*
participate.

That's what I thought...until I somehow got roped in.

-Michelle

is today the day? R.Sitter Pregnancy 8 March 17th 04 12:07 AM
fetal echocardiagram today SMK Pregnancy 2 November 6th 03 07:43 PM
Awesome breasts! OBs causing otitis media? (also: 'Osteopathic' v. 'Chiropractic' manipulation) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 September 17th 03 08:18 PM
due today!!! Shannon Pregnancy 1 September 15th 03 12:24 PM
40 weeks today Alicia Elliott Pregnancy 7 August 9th 03 11:49 PM