1914

Old May 19th 04, 09:34 PM
Ilse Witch

Default 1914

On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:45:08 -0400, Mary W. wrote:

You mean you were pregnant and had a healthy baby with your numbers not
exceeding 1200? Did you also have low progesterone?

Nope, with my miscarriage the highest I got was 1200- we followed them
serially for awhile with a slow rise before they started to fall. And my
progesterone was low.

Ah, I see. My hCG value after the first m/c was 5000, and that was around
10w gestation. I think it's not so much the value, but the speed with
which it increases that matters...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)

Old May 19th 04, 10:11 PM
Jamie Clark

Ilse,
Both of my blighted ovums had lower betas that yours. Let's see, the first
I only had two betas done -- 150 and 300 (something), and then we waited two
week for the u/s at 6.5 weeks, and were shocked and bummed when we didn't
see the heartbeat. We went back at 7.5 weeks, saw no growth, and had a D&C.
The second blighted ovum was some number of years later, and lots of
experience with exceptionally low beta's which immediately fell and m/c'd,
so we checked more often. This second time, my first beta was good, the
second beta doubled, but the third one didn't, and again, by the time we had
the u/s at 7 weeks, there was no heartbeat, and again no growth by the next
u/s at 8 weeks.

Do you mind repeating your numbers, and dpo taken? Not doubling perfectly
is fine, as long as there is a good constant rise. Major prayers coming
your way.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

Old May 19th 04, 10:16 PM
Jamie Clark

Ilse,
Yeah, I hate to be a naysayer, but I don't think those numbers look good.
If they are being drawn every two days, they should be higher than they are,
even if not doubled perfectly. Hugs Ilse, I really hope this works out.
--

Jamie & Taylor
Earth Angel, 1/3/03

Check out Taylor Marlys -- www.MyFamily.com, User ID: Clarkguest1,
Password: Guest
Password

Check out our Adoption Page at http://home.earthlink.net/~jamielee6

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 May 2004 19:56:32 +0000, Em wrote:

I'm very behind with the group, so I don't remember the precise
particulars of your previous beta tests. If you don't feel like
repeating yourself, I'll understand! How far along are you now? What
were your earlier numbers like?

No problem Em: first draw hCG was 1004, two days later it was ~1390 (I
was exactly 6w on that day), another three days later it was 1914. So not
only are the numbers in themselves low, more importantly, they don't
increase rapidly enough.

I guess we'll see what comes out of it next week...

Old May 19th 04, 11:35 PM
ModernMiko

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

I'm sorry it wasn't higher but at least it's still increasing. I sure hope
you see a beautiful fluttering heartbeat next week. You are (as always) in
my prayers and thoughts.

--
JennL
DS 06/26/98

aka CatnipSlayer @ livin-it-up.net
--
Leader of the Cult of Worshippers of BiPolar Long-Haired Sexy Anime Guys
with Swords

Old May 20th 04, 08:27 AM
A&G&K

"Ilse Witch" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 19 May 2004 14:45:08 -0400, Mary W. wrote:

You mean you were pregnant and had a healthy baby with your numbers not
exceeding 1200? Did you also have low progesterone?

Nope, with my miscarriage the highest I got was 1200- we followed them
serially for awhile with a slow rise before they started to fall. And my
progesterone was low.

Ah, I see. My hCG value after the first m/c was 5000, and that was around
10w gestation. I think it's not so much the value, but the speed with
which it increases that matters...

--
-- I
mommy to DS (22m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

I also think it depends on the gestational age. I know I went from 9000 to
10000 in around 3 days at 8 weeks with my m/c. I think there is a page
where you can look up the hcg range for normal pregnancies .... but it only
made me worry more.
I do remember that my GP pointed out that the range is really huge though
and has an exponential growth pattern... she mentioned that the rise was
more imoprtant than the actual value.

Hang in there Ilse.
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 20th 04, 02:54 PM
Elle

Ilse Witch wrote in message ...
was the value of my hCG on monday. Too low, but still increasing. I've
been trying to find info on what hCG looks like when you have blighted
ovum. I've had that before, but they only did bloodwork after the m/c
then, so i don't know how the values looked before.

OTOH, I feel similar to when I was pregnant with DS, but they didn't do
any bloodwork back then. A blessing or a curse? We'll find out when I go
for another u/s early next week. They should see an embryo and heartbeat
then, or all bets are off.

Ilse, I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I'm sure this will feel
like the longest weekend ever for you; hope you find a way to help the
time pass quickly.

Elle
Old May 22nd 04, 12:30 AM
Buzzy Bee

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:01:24 -0400, Ilse Witch
wrote:

Hehe, you're right. But all the midwifes at my practice seem to believe
that the low progesterone is the consequence, not the cause for the low
hCG and from what I have read on the web, they seem to be right in that.

It is no longer officially prescribable in the UK - the official
guidance is that it does not work.

Megan M