My husband causes blowouts!

Old May 22nd 04, 12:47 AM
Catherine C.

Default My husband causes blowouts!

"Jill" wrote in message . com...
but this is THE calmest, happiest I

have ever been! My mom asked me if she has been rattling my nerves,
since
it's a big adjustment and that would be normal...I can honestly say
that no,
she has not at all (yet :-) ) ........so far it just feels so
sweet!

How truly wonderful, Jill! Continue to enjoy this precious time with
your newborn ...C.
Old May 22nd 04, 05:14 AM
Jill

"Kim E." wrote
LOL about the plumber's crack!! Hmmm, this sounds suspiciously like
FITGOC syndrome - feigning incompetence to get out of chores!!! This
syndrome is particularly prevalent in males, and there has been
documented corrolation between manifestation of symptoms coinciding with
marriage and the birth of children. Just a thought!

Lol!! Hmmm....he HAS said "Oh well, I will let YOU change all the diapers
since I do it wrong!"...but then again, he voluntarily changes her and
changes her when he has her and she needs it without being asked to, and he
does clean her up, so, I can't say for sure. But I CAN say that I have made
him well aware of the blowouts and he still doesn't seem to get that diaper
secure! He thinks it's funny. He told me blowouts don't bother him because
he's worked with much more noxious substances than baby poo and he thinks
it's funny that I am squeamish. I am actually not that squeamish but I AM
kind of nitpicky about germs. I am not that bad though, but I do wipe the
changing pad after every changing and wash blankets if they have any spitup
on them etc...I just see no reason not to if it makes me feel better! lol

Old May 22nd 04, 05:17 AM
Jill

"Richard" wrote in message
Kim E. wrote:
: [ . . . ] Hmmm, this sounds suspiciously like
: FITGOC syndrome - feigning incompetence to get out of chores!!! This
: syndrome is particularly prevalent in males, [ . . . ]

but not exclusively.

Very true. I admit to using tactics of my own to get out of some diaper
changings so far (don't tell my husband!)...I could get away with it in the
early days after labor but now I can't use the old "I am in too much pain,
could yuo help me out honey?" line, since I feel much better and it's
obvious. lol.

Old May 22nd 04, 03:21 PM
Luna

But.,.....he can't put a diaper on to contain things, to save his life.

OMG.
Every time he diapers her and hands her to me, she has a plumber's crack

or
soon will.......she just now had a blow out while I was feeding her from

her
a.m. diaper change a couple hours ago, all over the bed. (My bed, as I was
side-lying nursing.).....

Jill,
We have been co-sleeping since the start and have only had to change the
sheets once because of baby-related fluids!! The layers under the baby (and
me) a waterproof pad under the sheet to protect mattress pad, then a
large "bassinet-sized" waterproof flannel pad under the baby (these are
great, we use them everywhere), a large cloth diaper under the babe's head
and across to under my leaky boobs, and one more cloth diaper to catch the
leakage from the top breast while he's nursing from the bottom.
I was so worried about having to change the sheets all the time from
co-sleeping, but this works great for us!

The only thing that I've found to cure blowouts . . cloth diapers.

Sounds like you are really enjoying little Rachel!! Congratulations,
Hannah